Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,524 members, 7,823,283 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

Marriage or Education? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Marriage or Education? (998 Views)

What's Your Take: Is This Marriage Or Madness (Picture) / Which Do I Choose; Marriage Or Job? / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Marriage or Education? by gentledove(f): 4:40pm On Nov 07, 2008
My coleague at work is in a dillemma.  the guy she is dating had issues about education.  he just started a fresh programme in LASU.  the parents of the guy adore him because he is their favourite.  my friend is 28 and wants to get settled.  the guy is 32 and is ready too.  but the parents are insisting the guy must reach 400 level before thinking of marriage.  they love the girl and wish she wil marry their son.  but the parents of the girl are bent on her getting married soon.  the girl earns more than the guy and the guy's parents know that.  can we say they don't want their son to be inferior after marriage? waiting for another 4 years will mean doom. 

what should she do now?  elope with the guy?  wait till she is 32?  leave the guy and marry another who is ready for marriage??
Re: Marriage or Education? by Hotstepper(f): 5:04pm On Nov 07, 2008
why must the parents of the guy dictate to him on what to do? at 32, he should be able to stand and make sum certain decisions with or without the parents, For God's sake, da gurl is 28 and itz no joke. I support the gurls parents. Personally, I will leave the dude and move on cuz itz appears we have nuthing in common any longer, he can still get married and go 2 skool esp. at his age,
Re: Marriage or Education? by iice(f): 9:30am On Nov 08, 2008
Na so e be, parents have alot of say regardless how old the child is undecided

I don't know about leaving and marrying another who is ready undecided. In desperate bid to marry, people overlook certain things. She should do what she feels right in her gut.
Re: Marriage or Education? by chika98: 4:50am On Nov 09, 2008
iice:

[color=#006600]Na so e be, parents have alot of say regardless how old the child is undecided

I don't know about leaving and marrying another who is ready undecided. In desperate bid to marry, people overlook certain things. She should do what she feels right in her gut.[/color]

So true.
Re: Marriage or Education? by tmoney11(m): 8:38am On Nov 09, 2008
Is the guy still staying with his Parent? i will say ur friend should leave the guy cause a man of 32 that cannot decide for him self is not a man ooooo. Ypur friend should try talk to her Parent and make them reason with am ok.
Re: Marriage or Education? by Angolobabe(f): 4:13pm On Nov 12, 2008
i think she should go for whatever she thinks is best for her but waiting 4 more yrs is too much but its up to her to decide.
Re: Marriage or Education? by Dbaby4: 9:46am On Nov 13, 2008
I was engaged to a guy 4 years, who am educationally higher than, he is an ND holder while am an economic graduate. He is 33 and am 24. My parents refused to give their consent one of their reasons was that i am higher educationally and due to the jealoused nature of men and always wanting to lord over you that it could bring about inferiority complex and cos problems in marriage. Well there is truth in it. Now he is thinking of going back to school. Also our Pastor advised he goes back to school!!! grin

But to me it all depends on the two parties wanting to make their marriage a success. He can still marry at that age and go to school. Age does not hinder anyone from going to school or continuing his/her education. Education broadens the mind!!! Its left for her and the guy to decide their fate wink and what they want. But they should not leave their parents out of this.
Re: Marriage or Education? by abujabooks(f): 3:00am On Nov 15, 2008
@Poster,

A matured man shd be supporting himself at 32 years!

He will be tied to his parents apron forever.

Forget him!

Pray for another "real" man.

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Solution For Quarrelsome Spouses? / Baby Wife: Yerima Quizzed, Granted Bail / Too Many Secrets In My Heart, How Best Should I Unborden Them.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.