Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,423 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:20 AM

Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? (8556 Views)

Poll: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer?

Love Marriage: 64% (60 votes)
Arranged Marriage: 13% (13 votes)
any: 17% (16 votes)
don't want to get married: 4% (4 votes)
This poll has ended

Early Marriage Versus Late Marriage Which Do You Prefer? / White Wedding Or Traditional Marriage Which One Do Yo Prefere? / An Arranged Marriage: Is It Right? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:00am On Jan 29, 2009
Arranged marriage or love marriage which one do you prefer and which one last longer in your opion? well I am sure love marriage is a big hit for most people, but sometimes we choose partners who are physically attractive to us. Physical attraction creates strong emotions, which we might think is love, but it really is just infatuation. During this passionate stage, we overlook the other person's flaws and habits, because we believe that we are in love, and love is all that matters. Then reality strikes, the infatuation wears off, and we start to see the flaws and we get annoyed by the habits. on the other hand in arranged marriage, you may not like the person at first but as time goes by you begin to create love for the person.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by TOYOSI20(f): 6:12am On Jan 29, 2009
Love marriage all the way for moi!! kiss
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by sexyLeamon(f): 6:20am On Jan 29, 2009
I knew it all the girls will say that
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by sparta(f): 5:01pm On Jan 29, 2009
Wetin be arrangy marriage, shuo? In this day and age? Na dem sabi. lipsrsealed
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by jamace(m): 10:21am On Jan 30, 2009
Dread arrangee marriage like a plague o, my bros and sis. They never last because they were not meant to be. Make the choice yourself even if it is a wrong one (God forbid) lipsrsealed.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Sissy3(f): 10:34am On Jan 30, 2009
arranged gini? unless someone is willing to die of rat poisoning cool

i rather be single for the rest of my life than do arranged marriage for the rest of my life lol cheesy
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 12:15pm On Jan 30, 2009
Right now . . . anyone will do tongue

as long as d guy fits into all my criteria, love will flow later tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by kokorunna(m): 4:01pm On Jan 30, 2009
Love marriage grin
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Sissy3(f): 3:51am On Jan 31, 2009
Tgirl4real:

shocked shocked shocked cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by debosky(m): 3:52am On Jan 31, 2009
Tgirl4real:

shocked cheesy

*Submitting application ASAP!*
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SeanT21(f): 5:11am On Jan 31, 2009
LOVE Marriage. wink

I wanna marry base on LOVE!!
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by ChinenyeN(m): 4:12am On Feb 01, 2009
Does anyone mind defining what is meant by Love Marriage?
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by theopops: 6:01am On Feb 01, 2009
I watched 20/20 last night and they talked about marriage. Only 5% of arranged marriages, at least in India, end in divorces, while 50% of "love marriages" end in divorces.

Just a thing to think about.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by KarmaMod(f): 6:08am On Feb 01, 2009
theopops:

I watched 20/20 last night and they talked about marriage. Only 5% of arranged marriages, at least in India, end in divorces,

would you divorce if you knew your parents will kill/disown you if you left?

Think about that.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 3:39am On Feb 02, 2009
Tgirl4real:

shocked shocked
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:29am On Feb 02, 2009
Why all of una dey shine ya eye. I prefer if a trusted and matured person arrange my wedding based on the standards we both know of already. Love will certainly flow later.

Debosky, let's see the application na, but u need to submit it to the person doing the arrangee tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by MrCrackles(m): 9:32am On Feb 02, 2009
Love Marriage for me please!
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by spikedcylinder: 9:54am On Feb 02, 2009
Maybe arrangee marriage is the way to go sef. Saves one all the bloody hassles of dating. undecided
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 9:58am On Feb 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Maybe arrangee marriage is the way to go sef. Saves one all the bloody hassles of dating. undecided

u can say that again girl wink
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by MrCrackles(m): 10:14am On Feb 02, 2009
Arrangeee? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by spikedcylinder: 10:47am On Feb 02, 2009
MrCrackles:

Arrangeee? shocked shocked shocked shocked

If the good lord can arrange you for me now, ehn ehn. tongue tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by MrCrackles(m): 10:50am On Feb 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

If the good lord can arrange you for me now, ehn ehn. tongue tongue

LOL cheesy
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 1:12pm On Feb 02, 2009
Arranged Marriage.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by spikedcylinder: 1:20pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx:

Arranged Marriage.

So you know a thing or two about arranged marriages and you have been doing anyhow since. Where is my husband? angry angry
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by SisiJinx: 1:22pm On Feb 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

So you know a thing or two about arranged marriages and you have been doing anyhow since. Where is my husband? angry angry

Rotflmao!! Check now. . .

@ Topic
There is nothing in the books which states you can't have love in an arranged marriage, the only difference is. . . it is does not overshadow everything else.
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 2:42pm On Feb 02, 2009
Sisi Jinx,

Me sef dey wait o. Na better guy make u arrange o. Mail me for the criteria grin
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by dani1luv: 2:49pm On Feb 02, 2009
@ topic
Marriage is Marriage
it doesnt matter

but as for arrange Marriage i do not support that
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by spikedcylinder: 3:02pm On Feb 02, 2009
Tosin abeg go and sleep. I have taken all of Sisi's brothers (and cousins too). tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by dani1luv: 3:09pm On Feb 02, 2009
you sef go sleep too grin angry angry tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:20pm On Feb 02, 2009
spikedcylinder:

Tosin abeg go and sleep. I have taken all of Sisi's brothers (and cousins too). tongue

Only u

This na naija o, we no dey India tongue

Anyway, I no want any of sisi's brothers, I want a handsome, rich, intelligent, young, tall (not like NEPA pole o tongue), dark Nairalander tongue

Anyone fitting this criteria should submit CV to Sisi jinx ASAP tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Tgirl4real(f): 3:21pm On Feb 02, 2009
Yes . . . I forgot to add, he must be a BORN AGAIN christian o, not just a church goer [size=4pt]I know 99.99% are disqualified already[/size] tongue
Re: Love Marriage Or Arranged Marriage Which Do You Prefer? by Moyola(f): 3:23pm On Feb 02, 2009
Hehe!!

Lurvv marriage!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Do you ever think Marriage Is Overrated? / Wife Leaving Husband Because He's 'too Good' / My Husband And Family Don't Like Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.