Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,902 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:28 AM

Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities - Education (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (76564 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / 6 Tough But Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Ladygunner(f): 4:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Here in Lautech,Once you belong to Faculty of Agric science,irrespectv of the department........or you belong to Fine And Applied Arts......U are done o!....cos na pple wey fail pre degree dem dy pack full dia....
Those there make matters worse too cos a large percentage of the students there are simply unserious
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Thespecialone(m): 5:00am On Oct 03, 2014
underrate - /ʌndəˈreɪt/ verb 1. underestimate the extent, value, or importance of (someone or something). 99% of posts here show that most people lack basic comprehension skills in English language. If you mention me to debate this, you are most likely part of the 99%. Thanks.

2 Likes

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by zeezcounit: 5:20am On Oct 03, 2014
I can't but smile when I read people's post about library and information science being an underrated course. Am not surprise cos we leave in a society where knowledge and information management is given little credence. Go to the western world and u will find out that library science as mentioned have evolve for a very long time with modern changes due to innovation. From library studies, library science, library and information science, library and information science, library and information technology, knowledge management to cybrarian science.

Know that the profession of librarianship is one that have come to rescue the world due to the upsurge of information explosion. We can't be developed as a nation if we are not a reading nation. To be a reading nation, well equipped libraries with the state of the art facilities need to be provided and made accessible to the populace. Without libraries our educational institutions are in shambles, our research institute ain't gonna be productive and without libraries we are a forgotten generation due to the role of societal collective memory played by a library.

Mind you, when next u visit a library, those u see arranging books are not. professional librarian, they are library office. The professional are mostly indoors doing what they know how best to do in order to save this world from information explosion so that you and I can get the right information at the right time within the minimum possible time.

I am a librarian, information scientist and information manager. I am a Chartered Librarian.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by nuelldido(m): 6:16am On Oct 03, 2014
HoluwadareY: Either 'overating' or 'underating' is people's opinion wch has nothing to do with d reality of outcome most times! NO FUTURE IN ANY PROFESSION,D FUTURE LIES WITH D INDIVIDUAL WHO HOLDS D PROFESSION. God bless NIGERIA!
true talk bro ... I can't blame all dis ill minded one underrating a course. they did not know that God's thought is different from Human's thought

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by ife4luv21(m): 6:26am On Oct 03, 2014
for federal poly ilaro .... nah hospitality management ... we use to call them hot n cat
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Godsmma: 6:38am On Oct 03, 2014
No course should be underrated. Afterall u can always work anywhere in nija
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:52am On Oct 03, 2014
I think wat d thread is all about is course underrated but ppl do them n make gud money/living frm them silently.
Fine Art, fishing, food n nutrition. All educational courses philosophy, mathematics, english language, office tech, polymer, agric n agricultural econs n extension, soil science,wood tech criminology etc d. List ia endless joor, I knw in some sch nobody apply for the but they jx push student to some of them n some student out of say ah I've being looking. For admission.
Meanwhile some ppl are making stupid cash frm dis course out there. Be wise wen ur grow up!!!! ;DI think wat d thread is all about is course underrated but ppl do them n make gud money/living frm them silently.
Fine Art, fishing, food n nutrition. All educational courses philosophy, mathematics, english language, office tech, polymer, agric n agricultural econs n extension, soil science,wood tech criminology etc d. List ia endless joor, I knw in some sch nobody apply for the but they jx push student to some of them n some student out of say ah I've being looking. For admission.
Meanwhile some ppl are making stupid cash frm dis course out there. Be wise wen ur grow up!!!!
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Adewunmibaba(m): 6:55am On Oct 03, 2014
frankmoney: I.T.k ....there is a course like integrated science education

It's called integrated science education because it combined with educational courses
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by otokx(m): 7:01am On Oct 03, 2014
VocalWalls: In uniport, its human kinetics... aka jumpology.

Always dressed in whites like otondos.

They are still considered better than Adult and Non Formal Education or Forestry and Wildlife Management.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by calaohuru(m): 7:25am On Oct 03, 2014
VocalWalls: In uniport, its human kinetics... aka jumpology.

Always dressed in whites like otondos.

SMH..."Jumpology"
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by VocalWalls: 7:37am On Oct 03, 2014
otokx:

They are still considered better than Adult and Non Formal Education or Forestry and Wildlife Management.

I guess their dressing makes theirs much more obvious
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by VocalWalls: 7:38am On Oct 03, 2014
calaohuru:

SMH..."Jumpology"

You know how students can name anything.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by alphalpha(m): 7:52am On Oct 03, 2014
Quantity Surveying and Photogrammetry aka Fencing and Wiring
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by MasterJoe(m): 7:57am On Oct 03, 2014
What about Philosophy, Is it underated or not?
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by omolizzy(f): 8:04am On Oct 03, 2014
Marc9:

Obviously, u have no bizness being human. Now I get why chimpanzees are not happy with nature. They feel idi*ts like you don't deserve standing upright

She simply mentioned a course she feels is the most underrated in dis country, gave an insight on hw she hated the course at 1st, but ended up loving it, and how d course has worked out for her. Does her take warrant an insult?

God will bless u for me....I was very shocked wen I saw his reply.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by goolaniyi: 8:08am On Oct 03, 2014
una don try physical education angry grin
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Darammliveth(m): 8:21am On Oct 03, 2014
Am currently studying Biological Science in the uni. And at the same time working in a Recruitment Networking Company as HR Assistant where i earned 50,000 as an undergraduate with some other bonus. I have undergoes frequent trainings under Human Personnel Management. Like 6month training under insurance marketing procedure, just to have an idea and establish myself as a qualified HR. What i only want everyone of us to understand is that our potential is very vital in whatsoever we find ourself doing. At times your course in school does not define how your future. Could you imaging a Zoologist becoming the president. And for those who study/are studying underrated course, don't underestimate your potential. however, try and aim higher.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:25am On Oct 03, 2014
omolizzy:

God will bless u for me....I was very shocked wen I saw his reply.
Some mothers do have them! And I wonder wat kind of parents wld raise a reprobate as a son.

Swthrt, my cousin studied zoology, did his masters, and right now, he's works in the Ministry of Agriculture with a salary scale greater than dat of some bankers or wat have u!
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by onuwaje(m): 8:26am On Oct 03, 2014
leshluap: . U must be an illiterate to av said Geography.....I dnt think u av ordinary JSSCE...
Well.... God bless u for that..
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:30am On Oct 03, 2014
Jinyjagz: guiding and counseling
Educational Guidance and Counselling
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Amarachi1(f): 8:31am On Oct 03, 2014
Fishery
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by ENZOSCIFO1: 8:31am On Oct 03, 2014
adextetoo: Starting with most AGRICULTURAL RELATED courses imagine some one spending 5yrs in my uni (FUTA) to study:
Building Technology (modern bricklayers)
Agric Economics and Extension (what da Bleep does dat mean?)
Agric Extension and Communication (are you trying to understand the official language of animals and plants?, cut me some slack.
Transport Management (what is d job of dos nurtw thug bosses?)
And above all PHILOSOPHY even a 5yr old kid will do dat
Library Management (arrangining of books which you will never read) omo course plenty oooo

Your ignorance knows no bound. You apparently didn't develop an intelligent mind set even after going through a tertitertiary institution.You need to READ more!

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by omolizzy(f): 8:33am On Oct 03, 2014
Marc9: Some mothers do have them! And I wonder wat kind of parents wld raise a reprobate as a son.

Swthrt, my cousin studied zoology, did his masters, and right now, he's works in the Ministry of Agriculture with a salary scale greater than dat of some bankers or wat have u!

Tanx for d encouragement sir,like I said I hated it at first bt really am grateful to God I studied dat cos. Do u knw I did my IT under ministry of agriculture n was opportuned to work at a vet.clinic,livestock department,fishery,zoo,abattoir,agric extension department n crop protection department under 6months. Am appreciative to God I have dis experiences.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nicepoker(m): 8:39am On Oct 03, 2014
Elementary education
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Noneroone(m): 8:42am On Oct 03, 2014
Ahmeduana:
MR MAN OR WHATEVER YOU CALL YOURSELF! WHY ARE INSULTING AND ABUSING ME? WHEN I MADE MY COMMENT DID I INSULTED ANYBODY?
?

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by davidstunt(m): 8:45am On Oct 03, 2014
taiwolusol: The force that propel the love you have for a course will be sufficient to make you successful doing it. When you like what you're studying, reading becomes more fun. Lack of interest has always been responsible for non-challant attitude displayed by students. Bottom Line is that you love what you do be it underated or underestimated, you will most definitely succed while at it.
@*God 'na you make sense pass,and i love u
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 03, 2014
omolizzy:

Tanx for d encouragement sir,like I said I hated it at first bt really am grateful to God I studied dat cos. Do u knw I did my IT under ministry of agriculture n was opportuned to work at a vet.clinic,livestock department,fishery,zoo,abattoir,agric extension department n crop protection department under 6months. Am appreciative to God I have dis experiences.
Trust me, God works in mysterious ways! Who wld have ever thought Goodluck Jonathan, with his degree in Zoology, wld surmount to become the president of Nigeria?!

So u see, we shld learn to make the best of wat we have
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by odegood: 8:48am On Oct 03, 2014
The most underrated are petroleum engineering, industrial engineering, environmental engineering, mining engineering, metallurgical engineering, aerospace engineering, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, civil engineering, elect elect engineering, computer science
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by RaphaeloBurgess: 8:49am On Oct 03, 2014
In Otuoke University,Bayelsa it is Medicine and Surgery.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by NZAN(m): 8:53am On Oct 03, 2014
From page 0-13 all i see is FISHERY FISHERY FISHERY. But sincerely we are only under rating this course out of ignourance,

I never liked this course throughout my first year, and my friends were not helping matters, imagine during an introduction when you say you studying FISHERIES they are like '......ehh, which one be fisheries again'. I was not the only person experiencing this stigma, because 90% of my course mate also tried to leave the department by writting JAMB again, which some succeeded and some planning to start another degree after graduation. Some will even lie about their course.

Not until i got REORIENTATED, NOW AM LOVING EVERY BID OF WHAT AM DOING, EVEN PLANNING TO BE A DOCTOR IN FISH(PHD) SOON. Am proudly an AQUACULTURIST

#FISHERIESANDAQUACULTURE

LESSON: DON'T UNDERRATE THINGS YOU KNOW LITTLE ABOUT
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by duni04(m): 8:55am On Oct 03, 2014
Food science and technology. Plenty of things you can do with a degree in that course and its not as ridiculous as it sounds.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by omolizzy(f): 8:56am On Oct 03, 2014
Marc9: Trust me, God works in mysterious ways! Who wld have ever thought Goodluck Jonathan, with his degree in Zoology, wld surmount to become the president of Nigeria?!

So u see, we shld learn to make the best of wat we have

Yes n I totally agree with u

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (19) (Reply)

WAEC Releases 2012/2013 WASSCE Results / Barewa College Produced 5 Presidents, Over 20 Governors, Ministers, Cjns / Unaab Aka Funaab Official Thread For 2012/2013 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.