Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,212 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:28 AM

Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (76482 Views)

5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / 6 Tough But Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Dgaffer(m): 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Political scienc,where every adult can Govrn ad Rule, philosophy, English Language and Human kinetic. Some say that some Educational courses are underrated bt some of Educational courses are better and lucrative than other courses in some field
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
Karleb:

grin grin

you sure say you know the meaning of elect/elect sha?
Why would he?
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by djeezy(m): 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
Zoology
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
this two courses are underated like shiit lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

psycology and phylosophy....
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by BoiledCorn: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
VocalWalls: In uniport, its human kinetics... aka jumpology.

Always dressed in whites like otondos.
oboy no kill me abeg. Wetin dem do you? angry angry

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by micolaj: 6:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
HOSPITAL....OH SORRY grin HOSPITALITY AND HOTEL MANAGEMENT grin grin grin
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by ibrews: 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
hardbody:

There is no course or programme of study called 'Integrated Science' in the University. That name is used to amalgamate the basic sciences...Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Agricultural Science....to give fresh students in the Secondary School a general overview of the Sciences to enable them make an informed decision about what science courses they may choose as they progress in their academic sojourn. Students later settle down to a combination of any number of science subjects that lead them into studying courses like Pharmacy, Medicine, Agric Engineering, and all those other Science based courses.

Meanwhile i have said it severally, all degree courses are first steps to greatness. No course is cheap or should be underestimated. The medical student will at some point sweat in the class of History or English Language major. Even the brightest student will need to study hard to pass sociology. More importantly, hardwork and good fortune can place the supposed cheap and underrated graduate several steps ahead of you...

I ask again, how many Bank MDs/CEOs studied banking and finance as a course? it is still all these science related courses that most of them studied, and after passing competitive examinations for all students meant to streamline, they found themselves doing better than some of their contemporaries.

Go to school and put in your best to become the best you can. Simple
we have intergrated science Education!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by sexzskil(f): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
I am sorry for this off topic post but lets
get our fact straight, NIGERIAN
GOVERNMENT ISN'T RESPONSIBLE FOR THE
CONTAINMENT OF EBOLA VIRUS. AN
AMERICAN DID AND SO ALL GLORY SHOULD
BE ASCRIBED TO HIM. I'LL POST THIS ON
EVERY THREAD IN NAIRALAND TILL THE
TRUTH IS ASSIMILATED.
“Dr. David Brett-Mayor of the World
Health Organization saw and
conquered Ebola. He single handedly
started the Ebola isolation ward
having cleared and cleaned the room.
He admitted and cared for the patients
before any Nigerian doctor joined him''.
The above was a recent quote from
Fashola. An American From WHO first
showed the zeal of helping Nigeria
conquered ebola before the useless
Nigerian doctors gave in! Why give
Nigerian government the glory that
rightly belong to the gloriou United States
?
WITHOUT AMERICA, THE WORLD IS
DOOMED TO ABSOLUTE EXTINCTION!
MAY AMERICA RULE OVER THE UNIVERSE
AND GOD FOR ALL ETERNITY(AMEN)!!!
https://www.nairaland.com/1929463/
jonathan-pdp-cant-claim-credit

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Heycube(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Na seasonal tin..... A times e go bi Education or Social Science or Science or Language or Agricultural Sci or Engineering or Medical Science courses.

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Quayman(m): 6:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yungwizzzy: Elect/Elect
is like you will need to check what you have written,because I don't think you mean it.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by damx2003: 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Exactly,in LASU it used to be EDUCATION and PHE as least of all, we simply call it JUMPOLOGY or AJI S'EREPA
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by TrYcIa1(f): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Karleb:

grin grin

you sure say you know the meaning of elect/elect sha?
Hahahahahah...him forget d meaning grin
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by menesheh(m): 6:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
University rejected people (urban and regional planning)

URP

grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by sheunsheun(m): 6:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=April07]
do we understand the meaning of underrated - underestimate
[/quote
most pple are talkin abt smtin else, i think Geography is really underrated in Nigeria, abi wat do u tink rommie
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by IamAdeAde(m): 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
adextetoo: Starting with most AGRICULTURAL RELATED courses imagine some one spending 5yrs in my uni (FUTA) to study:
Building Technology (modern bricklayers)
Agric Economics and Extension (what da Bleep does dat mean?)
Agric Extension and Communication (are you trying to understand the official language of animals and plants?, cut me some slack.
Transport Management (what is d job of dos nurtw thug bosses?)
And above all PHILOSOPHY even a 5yr old kid will do dat
Library Management (arrangining of books which you will never read) omo course plenty oooo
na ur father be nurtw thug ooooooo.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mozarinia: Let me quickly address something here. There is no course that is useless in it self,it depend on the student. Imagine this; that all the fishery students you know are all billionaires(which is actually possible). You will never think of Fishery as a useless or less respected set. It all depends on the student. Determine to be the best, the very best.
you cannot place something on nothing and expect it to stand.. On what basis would they become billionaires? Besides, the fact that students of those courses have lower prospects than a law or medical student is the reason why they are underated.

2 Likes

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by frankmoney(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
hardbody:

There is no course or programme of study called 'Integrated Science' in the University. That name is used to amalgamate the basic sciences...Biology, Physics, Chemistry and Agricultural Science....to give fresh students in the Secondary School a general overview of the Sciences to enable them make an informed decision about what science courses they may choose as they progress in their academic sojourn. Students later settle down to a combination of any number of science subjects that lead them into studying courses like Pharmacy, Medicine, Agric Engineering, and all those other Science based courses.

Meanwhile i have said it severally, all degree courses are first steps to greatness. No course is cheap or should be underestimated. The medical student will at some point sweat in the class of History or English Language major. Even the brightest student will need to study hard to pass sociology. More importantly, hardwork and good fortune can place the supposed cheap and underrated graduate several steps ahead of you...

I ask again, how many Bank MDs/CEOs studied banking and finance as a course? it is still all these science related courses that most of them studied, and after passing competitive examinations for all students meant to streamline, they found themselves doing better than some of their contemporaries.

Go to school and put in your best to become the best you can. Simple
I.T.k ....there is a course like integrated science education

2 Likes

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by teeboy2110(m): 6:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
OTM
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by princeunugwa: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
theatre arts and philosophy
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by 9jatatafo(m): 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
Botany, Zoology as well as wildlife and fisheries.

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by josh830: 6:49pm On Oct 02, 2014
HUMAN ANATOMY is was course even NYSC staff don't no about this course including highly educated personel including lectures and profs!!!
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by emmanuelcrawler(m): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
for me it is mathematics, engineering, medcine and economics etc

are my best courses.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by ALKARULEZ615(m): 6:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
In DELSU, itz "Nursery and Primary Education"

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by DrGill(m): 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
omolizzy: Has someone thought of zoology? Btw I studied zoology in school n I must tell u its a very interesting course...I hated it for 2years bfor I fell in love with it. Am going places with dat course mehn
Sista, pls . .i would lyk to knw u beta, am a zoology student in unilag. .ur whatsapp num would be beta...thanks
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Nobody: 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Islamic Studies is heavily underated in Nigeria, now see what their full time graduate are doing up North (Boko Revolution).

3 Likes

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by uzolexis(f): 6:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
adextetoo: Starting with most AGRICULTURAL RELATED courses imagine some one spending 5yrs in my uni (FUTA) to study:
Agric Extension and Communication (are you trying to understand the official language of animals and plants?, cut me some slack.
Library Management (arrangining of books which you will never read) omo course plenty oooo

the bolded is a very lucrative course and is so broad. that's what i studied in my bachelors and i dont regret it one bit. you don't need to work for anybody if you study this course cause you can be self employed, also economist don't even lack jobs in the labour mkt and as an agricultural economist,you have almost the same training as an economist and more in the agricultural field. Don't underrate this course.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by dedons: 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
In uniben,

it's...

"animal fencing and wiring"

1 Like

Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by menesheh(m): 6:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
Political science
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by jaymdee(m): 6:53pm On Oct 02, 2014
Are you for real SMH
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by lyricalz: 6:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yoruba education.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by sweetyEse(f): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Linguistics...in all schools.
Re: Most Underrated Courses In Nigerian Universities by Gynacologist(m): 6:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
adioolayi: There are courses...I will pick Pastore and Range management
whch kind cos b dis one?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (19) (Reply)

Barewa College Produced 5 Presidents, Over 20 Governors, Ministers, Cjns / WAEC Releases 2012/2013 WASSCE Results / Unaab Aka Funaab Official Thread For 2012/2013 Admission

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.