Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,111 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) (22129 Views)

See The Nation That Most Children Hate (photo) / 10 Most Beautiful Universities In Nigeria (Pictures) / Floods Bring Snakes To Schools In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by oluwalfa: 9:40am On Oct 02, 2014
Naija Barney is healthier. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Unionised(m): 9:42am On Oct 02, 2014
kekakuz: Our parents went under worse conditions and they turned out fine.

And your point is?
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by kissinggourami: 9:43am On Oct 02, 2014
A child that values information and understands the essence of education will still excel above his peers in a better environment.

This is definitely not a reason for government to abandon the education sector but the fact remains the Nigerian kids of today are too distracted and lack self-control.

2 Likes

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Truckpusher(m): 9:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Amusaopeyemi:
You know how much the minimum wage is here in Nigeria?
And most of these people that gets this minimum wages,how productive are they?

Aren't they the same people that arrives for work at 9am and leave after lunch?
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 9:52am On Oct 02, 2014
Truckpusher: And most of these people that gets this minimum wages,how productive are they?

Aren't they the same people that arrives for work at 9am and leave after lunch?
Not all btw if d salary ain't motivating me to work, i'll do other business na.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by homesteady(m): 9:55am On Oct 02, 2014
Most children hate school! Whether Oyibo or Nigerian!
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by JEITO: 9:56am On Oct 02, 2014
But we have those that studied under worse conditions in this country years ago that are doing very well both locally and internationally.

You can't have it all; so you make the best of what you have. No doubt the school structure is not too good, but over the last few years, reforms have come into the education sector and teaching is now better with improved curriculum and teaching aids(even though they are inadequate).

To remedy the situation, parents need to start early with the informal education before these kids are old enough for formal training, and while they are even in the regular schools, the informal system should continue. That is where values that can mould the lives of these ones, are easily passed.
Too much television, celebrity fast lives and all them reality tv stuff that gives cheap and quick fame, is really affecting the younger generation negatively and that is why their minds need to be shaped early.
When this is done, learning environment becomes secondary.

Also parent need to learn to study their wards and understand where they fit in-all these wanting my kids to study xyz, aint working anymore jare.

But the truth is, much of the work still lies in the hands of the student himself.

2 Likes

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by SMALLPENIS(f): 9:57am On Oct 02, 2014
darnley16: Op park well,
Stop this Generalisation , mayb your place is like that , but definatly not my place,I rep ph# don't you go out , even yakee kids don't like going to school either, what would you blame that one now,

am generalising based on the condition of some rural areas.
My school back then na ajebo school o,we even had a water dispenser and Air conditioner in class.
So dont just jump into conclusion,yes not all parts of Nigeria are like that, but if efforts can be put in place,even government school students can raise their heads high.
I want Nigeria to be a place where ,even those abroad will want to school.I want Nigerians to be able to raise their heads high and boast of the standard of education in their country anywhere in the world.
Thats just my 1cent.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Pinnacle(m): 10:01am On Oct 02, 2014
The only reason children hate schools is this.

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Begonia(m): 10:05am On Oct 02, 2014
OkikiOluwa1:
Babe, you are so pretty.
Is that you in your profile pic?

Yes, it's me. Thanks! smiley
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by miqos02(m): 10:11am On Oct 02, 2014
ok
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by OkikiOluwa1(m): 10:16am On Oct 02, 2014
Begonia:

Yes, it's me. Thanks! smiley
I v sent you a pm.
Check your mail.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by VivaLaFrans: 10:26am On Oct 02, 2014
SMALLPENIS: The level and standard of education is dropping in the country Day by Day,we can say this from the WAEC results of this year.
Though the children have a large part to play for their success,we cannot entirely blame them.
So this is why I think the children of these days hate school.

Bad Teachers: if you compare the educational sector abroad to that of Nigeria,you will see that the teachers try to create an friendly environment,and make sure the children see them as friends they can trust,but here most teachers are only concerned about their paychecks.

Poor Learning Aids: most of the schools across the country have little,poor or no learning aid.
Learning aids are important for every child to learn well,infact it helps for easy remembrance during tests.

Poor Learing Structures: all I can say is how do you expect a student to learn well when he is thinking about his aching buttocks,from sitting on blocks or when he is distracted by counting the number of raindrops his teacher is dodging.

Poor Use Of ICT: this mostly has to do with the students,most students now spend almost 90% of their time on social networks,instead of using the internet to learn more about the topics they are being taught.

Cyber Cheating: most students now instead of studying believe all sorts of scammers they find on the net promising them 'expos' for a 'little token'. Even here on Nairaland you can find soome of them,and I try my best to alert the Mods to delete those sort of threads. Most of the time,these students get scammed but still continue searching for 'expos'.if laws can be put in place to close down sites promising expos, the educational sector would improve.

Bad Management In Schools: yes,this point is also important,how can the proprietor of a school ask teachers to teach students during external exams?! Such people need to be jailed. This has caused so much havoc to the country that most youths these days cant defend their results.

If these problems I have listed here can be tackled,I think the educational sectoor would improve. We all also should not wait for the government to do things,we all hve a part to play.
Say no to corruption.
Long Live Nigeria!
Long Live Nairaland!
And Long Live ....any other good thing you guys want grin

so, what other problems do you think the educational sector is facing that should be improved upon?
Mr BigPenis, the root of this problem is POVERTY, so forget about the end result of using internet cheats. I hope you'll enrol your children into well equip schools so as to avoid them relying on internet expos. Teachers cant give their best when their income is not encouraging, so just leave Nigeria as e dey so... Nigeria can be better only if everyone from 5 yrs and above is terminated.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by VivaLaFrans: 10:30am On Oct 02, 2014
This post is baseless... Work hard to help your children, and then you'll see their performance.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Harkinyhemmy(m): 10:33am On Oct 02, 2014
Only him can tell

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by darnley16(m): 10:39am On Oct 02, 2014
SMALLPENIS:

am generalising based on the condition of some rural areas.
My school back then na ajebo school o,we even had a water dispenser and Air conditioner in class.
So dont just jump into conclusion,yes not all parts of Nigeria are like that, but if efforts can be put in place,even government school students can raise their heads high.
I want Nigeria to be a place where ,even those abroad will want to school.I want Nigerians to be able to raise their heads high and boast of the standard of education in their country anywhere in the world.
Thats just my 1cent.
ok good point, men bro I thought you were one of those guys that love riddiculing Nigeria for no reason , ah lurv ma country , #respect bro
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by darnley16(m): 10:41am On Oct 02, 2014
Rotfl , lol fvck , laff wan kee me here as ah just see your username, @ op
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by yurme(m): 10:47am On Oct 02, 2014
Kai Nigerian teachers will be flogin em students dat is one of the reasons
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Missmossy(f): 10:56am On Oct 02, 2014
I couldn't agree more,the first point is the main ish anyway. Some teachers lack essential teaching skills that even little kids always wish they could skip school.

2 Likes

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by drololaaof: 11:01am On Oct 02, 2014
All the reason above good .but in the olden day's what we have then I'd not as good as what we have now yet education standard is not rated poor or falling. The so called products of the poor and falling standard when they go abroad they excel marvellously. The frequent strike here and there is is our major problem and political will of those in authority

1 Like

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by roufy235(m): 11:08am On Oct 02, 2014
buhahahahaha. The pics got me laughing

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:22am On Oct 02, 2014
Children usually hate schools in most part of the world. In developed countries, pedratic mental patients increases in hospitals just after resumption of school term. grin
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 02, 2014
Blame the government.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 11:36am On Oct 02, 2014
kekakuz: Our parents went under worse conditions and they turned out fine.

so does it mean the structures should be left to degrade?? I thought there was a little term called "growth and development".

For me though, Skul isn't just fun and interesting anymore. Primary to tertiary. They all have d same issues. I won't blame the students entirely.

If people think students are getting distracted from skul, i ask, why can't d skuls do sumfin to get their attentions back?

There's a reson why d developed countries are called that. They "Develop"
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by r33d(m): 12:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Rehil: Tanx for dis wonderful summary of d worms eatin up our fabric of education.may God help us n bless u
A sad situation. Hopefully, we will get to the promised land.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by daveP(m): 12:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
franconian: cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

That Naija Barney dey hungry ni?
The thing b like the dead body of that yankee own. cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin ROTFLMAO (STANDS UP FROM FLOOR, COUGHS OUT BLOOD) shocked

how grin does grin it sing grin " I love you grin you love me" in Naija format? grin that agbero under that COSTUME SEF!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by OsoDupe(f): 12:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
unseriousness on the part of student is also another cause of this, when they see graduates around with no job, they will be discouraged to study, when they see people using their talents and making it without education, they are discourage to study, I don't blame them.

1 Like

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by chlowi(f): 12:31pm On Oct 02, 2014
Naija tho...
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by OsunrayiPelumi(f): 12:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Well I use to say this generation is anti-academic. I dont think its only Nigerian students that dont want to go to school.
Click on the link below to know more on why students sleep in class
http://schoolsmartnerd..com.es/2014/09/why-do-students-sleep-in-class.html?m=1
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by promisingstar(f): 12:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
I hate mondays nd wednesday wen in second sch cool
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Rehil(f): 1:05pm On Oct 02, 2014
r33d:
A sad situation. Hopefully, we will get to the promised land.
amen

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student / 5666 Teachers Sacked By Abia State Government / How Is Resumption Going So Far In Your University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.