Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,296 members, 7,839,458 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:38 PM

Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) (22147 Views)

See The Nation That Most Children Hate (photo) / 10 Most Beautiful Universities In Nigeria (Pictures) / Floods Bring Snakes To Schools In Delta (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by PROCTOR: 1:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
Ask mathematics
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Litmus: 1:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yankee Barny needs to loose weight,fat is unhealthy.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by agentzakky(m): 1:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
Children hate school all over the world, at least in the USA. It's not only about naija
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Enoquin(f): 1:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
The Parents/Guardians
Because we live in a certificate environment, parents and guardians deploy almost any means to see their children come tops.
Who pays for the special/miracle centres? Who pays for a name slot on the admission list? when parents start that do or quench attitude, there will be no improvement on the child's foundation.
During my PGD, there were students who couldn't spell simple words, those who didn't bother reading because they knew how they would get themselves sorted in the end; those that took in materials during exams...all these point to the foundation.

Also, parents have to show interest in their child's school work. I also agree that schools could do more using Learning Aids but some of these 'private' mushroom schools who have business (wo)men as proprietors/owners have to make their ventures 'successful' by whatever means even if it means all the children passing their exams all the times till the graduate.
This of course is to keep the parents happy.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by raphy(m): 1:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
thats not all the reasons that make someone hate school.mathematics can make a child sick some times ,you know i mean too much equation in ya head will make you forget to eat lunch.when your parents want to pic you home they will be surprise that you hv not even finished ya snack...abi i dey lie ,i always hate maths during my teens .
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by raphy(m): 1:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
[quote author=Enoquin]The Parents/Guardians
Because we live in a certificate environments, parents and guardians deploy almost any means to see their children come tops.
Who pays for the special/miracle centres? Who pays for a name slot on the admission list? when parents start that do or quench attitude, there will be no improvement on the child's foundation.
During my PGD, there were students who couldn't spell simple words, those who didn't bother reading because they knew how they would get themselves sorted in the end; those that took in materials during exams...all these point to the foundation.

Also, parents have to show interest in their child's school work. I also agree that schools could do more using Learning Aids but some of these 'private' mushroom schools who have business (wo)men as proprietors/owners have to make their ventures 'successful' by whatever means even if it means all the children passing their exams all the times till the graduate.
This of course is to keep the parents ha
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by tomiobj(m): 1:58pm On Oct 02, 2014
SMALLPENIS: The level and standard of education is dropping in the country Day by Day,we can say this from the WAEC results of this year.
Though the children have a large part to play for their success,we cannot entirely blame them.
So this is why I think the children of these days hate school.

Bad Teachers: if you compare the educational sector abroad to that of Nigeria,you will see that the teachers try to create an friendly environment,and make sure the children see them as friends they can trust,but here most teachers are only concerned about their paychecks.

Poor Learning Aids: most of the schools across the country have little,poor or no learning aid.
Learning aids are important for every child to learn well,infact it helps for easy remembrance during tests.

Poor Learing Structures: all I can say is how do you expect a student to learn well when he is thinking about his aching buttocks,from sitting on blocks or when he is distracted by counting the number of raindrops his teacher is dodging.

Poor Use Of ICT: this mostly has to do with the students,most students now spend almost 90% of their time on social networks,instead of using the internet to learn more about the topics they are being taught.

Cyber Cheating: most students now instead of studying believe all sorts of scammers they find on the net promising them 'expos' for a 'little token'. Even here on Nairaland you can find soome of them,and I try my best to alert the Mods to delete those sort of threads. Most of the time,these students get scammed but still continue searching for 'expos'.if laws can be put in place to close down sites promising expos, the educational sector would improve.

Bad Management In Schools: yes,this point is also important,how can the proprietor of a school ask teachers to teach students during external exams?! Such people need to be jailed. This has caused so much havoc to the country that most youths these days cant defend their results.

If these problems I have listed here can be tackled,I think the educational sectoor would improve. We all also should not wait for the government to do things,we all hve a part to play.
Say no to corruption.
Long Live Nigeria!
Long Live Nairaland!
And Long Live ....any other good thing you guys want grin

so, what other problems do you think the educational sector is facing that should be improved upon?
upon everything ur sayn. People hate school as much as nigerians hate it anywhere in the world
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Chibokgame: 2:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Op ,
So what do you want ?
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by YACAA(f): 2:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
Please add parents. After all if your parents don't respect the teachers or work hand in hand with them, how do we expect the children to
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Fourwinds: 2:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
d barney represent naija says it all.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by DAVE5(m): 2:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
SMALLPENIS: The level and standard of education is dropping in the country Day by Day,we can say this from the WAEC results of this year.
Though the children have a large part to play for their success,we cannot entirely blame them.
So this is why I think the children of these days hate school.

Bad Teachers: if you compare the educational sector abroad to that of Nigeria,you will see that the teachers try to create an friendly environment,and make sure the children see them as friends they can trust,but here most teachers are only concerned about their paychecks.

Poor Learning Aids: most of the schools across the country have little,poor or no learning aid.
Learning aids are important for every child to learn well,infact it helps for easy remembrance during tests.

Poor Learing Structures: all I can say is how do you expect a student to learn well when he is thinking about his aching buttocks,from sitting on blocks or when he is distracted by counting the number of raindrops his teacher is dodging.

Poor Use Of ICT: this mostly has to do with the students,most students now spend almost 90% of their time on social networks,instead of using the internet to learn more about the topics they are being taught.

Cyber Cheating: most students now instead of studying believe all sorts of scammers they find on the net promising them 'expos' for a 'little token'. Even here on Nairaland you can find soome of them,and I try my best to alert the Mods to delete those sort of threads. Most of the time,these students get scammed but still continue searching for 'expos'.if laws can be put in place to close down sites promising expos, the educational sector would improve.

Bad Management In Schools: yes,this point is also important,how can the proprietor of a school ask teachers to teach students during external exams?! Such people need to be jailed. This has caused so much havoc to the country that most youths these days cant defend their results.

If these problems I have listed here can be tackled,I think the educational sectoor would improve. We all also should not wait for the government to do things,we all hve a part to play.
Say no to corruption.
Long Live Nigeria!
Long Live Nairaland!
And Long Live ....any other good thing you guys want grin

so, what other problems do you think the educational sector is facing that should be improved upon?

did it ever occur to the op dat the children jst want to stay home and watch CN, nickelodeon and disney jnr etc

my baby sister knows nothing abt bad management if you ask me...

Bad Teachers, Poor Learing Structures, Poor Use Of ICT, Cyber Cheating, Poor Learning Aids is the least of her (baby sis) worries....

BTW not every school suffers the above named reasons why children hate skool...
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by AspDrone(m): 3:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Na ebola wan kill naija barney ni abi aids?
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by AspDrone(m): 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Begonia:

Yes, it's me. Thanks! smiley
Are you from Kiszhankistan?
Hahahaha......amau jOking
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Sarimah(f): 3:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Lmao@ barney
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by adelolaa(m): 3:25pm On Oct 02, 2014
XarmZoft..com app released... Download yours .. And don't forget to click on the ads to support me... Thank you all and God bless
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by donbenie(m): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
I think the topic is rather misleading,it should have been why students don't do well in school in Nigeria..For the fact is that students don't like school ANYWHERE in the world..
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
Children don't like school anywhere. grin
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by judedwriter(m): 5:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
raphy: thats not all the reasons that make someone hate school.mathematics can make a child sick some times ,you know i mean too much equation in ya head will make you forget to eat lunch.when your parents want to pic you home they will be surprise that you hv not even finished ya snack...abi i dey lie ,i always hate maths during my teens .
Me 2! I hated maths with red passion angry It made me really sick. This na entertainment age, when youth like davido and wizzy are making mega bucks just by singing instead of working like zombies in an office wink the value of education has dropped considerably. Every one wants to make money sharp-sharp.
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by willorie(f): 6:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
ayukdaboss: Why are there so many threads lately on not going to school? shocked

I tire ooo angry
very soon now we go see
"why Nigerian students dn't like English Language"
cus last was "why Nigerian students dn't like Mathematics"

but l gotta confess
mua no gbadu the two grin grin
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by willorie(f): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
ayukdaboss: Why are there so many threads lately on not going to school? shocked
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by ayukdaboss(m): 6:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
willorie:

I tire ooo angry
very soon now we go see
"why Nigerian students dn't like English Language"
cus last was "why Nigerian students dn't like Mathematics"

but l gotta confess
mua no gbadu the two grin grin
Why don't you create the English thread? cheesy
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by LordReed(m): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Bullying is another reasoning why children may hate school though that is not limited to Nigeria alone.

2 Likes

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by hinohsend: 6:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
Who told you kids from other countries also love goin to skul?

1 Like

Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by mayorkyzo: 7:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Children don't like school cos they've taken the fun out of it..
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Elinob(m): 7:50pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nt in al family
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by kekakuz(m): 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
Unionised:

And your point is?
are u ddumb?
must i spell it out?
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by philantoxx(m): 8:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
the naija Barney dey hungry fa.chai!God will judge u @OP.hehehehehehe
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by philantoxx(m): 8:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
franconian: cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin

That Ninja Barney dey hungry ni?
The thing b like the dead body of that yankee own. cheesy
na God go judge u and d OP..una wan kill dead person abi?
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Iolite(f): 8:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
darnley16: Op park well,
Stop this Generalisation , mayb your place is like that , but definatly not my place,I rep ph# don't you go out , even yakee kids don't like going to school either, what would you blame that one now,

Exactly!
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by Unionised(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
kekakuz:
are u ddumb?
must i spell it out?

I'm dumb.
Please spell it out...
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by raphy(m): 8:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
judedwriter:
Me 2! I hated maths with red passion angry It made me really sick. This na entertainment age, when youth like davido and wizzy are making mega bucks just by singing instead of working like zombies in an office wink the value of education has dropped considerably. Every one wants to make money sharp-sharp.
na so o things aint as they seems
Re: Why Children Hate Schools In Nigeria (+PICTURES) by kekakuz(m): 9:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
Unionised:

I'm dumb.
Please spell it out...
eya
wait for your teacher not mua

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Tinuade Okoro Is Ghana's Best Graduating Medical Student / Plz Is There Any Art Course I Can Get Admission With D7 In Litterature? / Obasanjo Almost Killed Me As A UNILAG Student!!! —Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.