Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,770 members, 7,955,942 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here (4038 Views)

Detail Info On Ice Block Business / Is Ice Block Production And Selling Business Really Profitable / Ice Block Business Enquiries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by Nobody: 10:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
Hello friends, I’m really excited to share with you about an impending business boom that can initiate a change in your finances forever.

However now is the time to make the necessary in-depth planning as time waits for no one and the Dry/harmattan season is gradually emerging, as we are now in the month of October.

Apart from the need for everyday food preservation through the use of domestic and commercial Fridges and Freezers, cold rooms, Ice-blocks e.t.c, Millions of Cold-chilled water are consumed everyday in Nigeria.

The power situation of Our Dear country cannot be overemphasized as we’ve all experienced it, hence the need for a suitable alternative for chilling our beverage/ mineral drinks, the usage of ice-blocks has come to stay as a major substitute.

As we all know during the dry season, the weather can be hot most times leading to dehydration and frequent thirst of chilled water/drink, the same also exists for domestic usage in preservation purposes.

Now I’m going to spare you’re the stories and go into the real analysis

Re: The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by Nobody: 10:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
Now I’m going to spare you’re the stories and go into the real analysis.

Raw materials for the Ice block Business

Water
With water as your main raw material and recurrent source of expenditure, you won’t spend much after your initial capital investment on the ice block machines.

Re: The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 01, 2014
Nylon bags.
Now this is a n essential part of the ice block business. If you go to the market to purchase from local retailers, request for ‘’Ice block Nylon (medium size) ‘’ . A sample is shown below

Re: The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by Nobody: 10:54pm On Oct 01, 2014
The popular brand I’ll recommend is Topmost, it is very strong and reliable

A pack contains just 50 nylons.Unlike other nylon bags, the rate of wastage i.e leakages after loading of water, is minimal.

Ice-Block Machines
Over the years as a project Engineer for a renowned refrigeration and air-conditioning company, I’ve been involved in the design and manufacture of various model, types of ice block machine.

Of course there are local technicians out there, that would approach you to construct a cheap machine which unfortunately on most occasions have a shorter lifespan ( I won’t go into full technical details).

But me and my team has been able to come up with an ice block machine that is effective, affordable and reliable and its working cycle is 6 hours per harvest.

I’ll show you a sample below of a 20 pieces ice block machine

Re: The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 01, 2014
Freezers (Optional)
The freezer is used in storing ice blocks that was harvested from the ice block machine, Although most of us do have a freezer at home.

But for the purpose of the ice block business, it’s necessary to have one to store ice blocks that are ready, so that the ice block machine can be used for another production cycle.

Another advantage of the freezer is , should in case of power failure, if there is a large stock of ice blocks in your freezer, You can store it properly for 3-4 days Yes! 3-4 days.

All you just have to do is to reduce the defrost rate by securing the blocks , covering it with a trampoline nylon and sealing it in the freezer.

Although there are various brands of freezers outside, we also specialize in customizing freezers and ice block machines according to the customers specification.

Re: The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 01, 2014
ANALYSIS

The smallest sized ice block machine is designed to produce 20 ice blocks in 6hours, after which harvesting of the ice blocks should take place.

24 hours = 1 day

Production cycle = 6 hours

Daily production capacity is production cycles

Total quantity of ice-blocks = blocks

Now if you decide to set the price of each quantity of ice blocks for

Then the total sales for 120 blocks is

Now let us go ahead to estimate the total sales you’ll make for a month

per month

Hmm! I’ve done the whole feasibility for you and its left for you to decide if you want to get hold of this opportunity all through the Dry season before the rain commence.

The choice is yours.

Below are the pictures of an Ice block machine that was loaded for production fully ready machine for harvesting and harvested blocks stored in a deep freezer.

1 Share

Re: The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by joncom(m): 4:55am On Oct 02, 2014
You didn't mention how much the ice - block machine goes for?
Also your location.
Re: The Ice-block Business Boom Era Is Here by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 02, 2014
The machine goes for N 150,000 (promo price)

Our company is based at Ibadan
www.danultimate.com

(1) (Reply)

How To Start Production Of Decorative Ceiling Boards In Nigeria / Genuine Sellers Of Crude Oil On Tto Should See Buyers Precedure Below To Deal / Meet Mrs Folorunsho Alakija Africa's Richest Woman @ $600 Million = N94 Billion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.