Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,167 members, 7,821,958 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:51 PM

The Left Hand - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / The Left Hand (508 Views)

Why It Is Offensive To Give/Receive With Your Left Hand? / Giving And Recieving With The Left Hand. / Itching Of The Left Hand (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Left Hand by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
While growing up, i was barred by my parents from using the left hand to eat, i was scolded by the elderly when giving them something with the left hand. People don't shake with the left hand.

This trend is common all over the world, which left me wondering why it is so- Why the left hand seems to be an accursed part in one sense and vital in the other.

My question now: why is it so? Who formulated this culture ? From where did it originated?
I have often atimes confronted a lot of people with this issue, but none was able to give me a convincing answer.

To me the left hand is as important as the right and there is nothing wrong in using both equally.
Re: The Left Hand by Dbestmax(m): 12:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
U knw..wats right is right...and wahts left is left...D right speaks of gud buh d left speaks of d opposite...don't get it twisted...
Re: The Left Hand by Nobody: 1:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
Your answer is not convincing. What do you have to say about left wheel and right wheel of a car? Left leg and right leg? Left this and left that?

(1) (Reply)

Egba Men / For Those Who Know How To Speak Their Mother Tongue Fluently / Valentine Shouldn't Be Celebrated At All, Here's Why

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.