Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,399 members, 7,822,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Brazilian Man Born With Upside-down Head Defies All Odds [pics & Video] - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Brazilian Man Born With Upside-down Head Defies All Odds [pics & Video] (2049 Views)

OMG! Meet The Brazilian Man Born With His Head Upside- Down / Man Born With His Heart In His Abdomen / A Woman With Rare Condition Sees Upside Down (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Brazilian Man Born With Upside-down Head Defies All Odds [pics & Video] by kennyung: 12:34pm On Oct 02, 2014
Brazilian Man Born with Upside-Down Head Defies All Odds, Becomes Motivational Speaker
[img]http://www.pinoyrepublic.tv/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/claudio-vieira-de-oliveira-686x1024.jpg[/img]

You know those stories that sort of hit you in the heart and you can’t help but actually stop to think about what it would be like to walk a day in that person’s shoes? Well, folks this is one of those stories.

Meet Claudio Vieira de Oliveira, a 37-year-old man living in Monte Santo, Brazil. He suffers from an extremely rare condition doctors have recently coined congenital arthrogryposis. Congenital arthrogryposis is a completely debilitating disorder — Claudio was born with his head upside down (imagine a neck completely folded back on itself), as well as deformed legs and hardly any use of his arms and hands.

When his mother, Maria Jose, delivered him in the hospital, doctors told her that he had zero chances of surviving, and that she should probably stop feeding him because he was just going to die.

Miraculously, Claudio didn’t die; he persevered.

“But there’s only happiness now. Claudio is just like any other person – that’s how he was raised in this house. We never tried to fix him and always wanted him to do the normal things everyone else does. That’s why he is so confident. He is not ashamed of walking around in the street – he sings and he dances,” his mother explained.

Despite facing impossible odds, he has gone on to complete a graduate program at State University of Feira de Santana to work as an accountant and inspires others as a public speaker. To type, he holds a pen in his mouth, and uses his lips to function a telephone or computer mouse.

“Since I was a child I’ve always liked to keep myself busy and work – I don’t like to depend totally on other people. I do a bit of accounting, research for clients and consulting,” he says. “I have learned to turn on the TV, pick up my cell phone, turn on the radio, use the internet, my computer – I do it all by myself.”

Throughout his life, he has been able to familiarize himself with his body in order to survive in the world. And guess what? He sees himself just like you and I… like a normal person!

“I don’t see things upside-down. This is one of the things I always talk about in my interventions as a public speaker. Nowadays it’s much easier to deal with the public, I’m not afraid of it anymore and I can say that I am a professional, international public speaker and that I receive invitations from all over the world.”

His story was featured on TLC’s Body Bizarre, which begins September 4, at 9pm.

Video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmE-G_TMoEs
Re: Brazilian Man Born With Upside-down Head Defies All Odds [pics & Video] by Babysho(m): 12:41pm On Oct 02, 2014
This one no b photoshop o....na bad photoplaza!!...ahn ahnn...
Re: Brazilian Man Born With Upside-down Head Defies All Odds [pics & Video] by kennyung: 12:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerians would be like "abomination---" tofiakpa...they'll would have killed him at birth! cry
Re: Brazilian Man Born With Upside-down Head Defies All Odds [pics & Video] by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 1:27pm On Oct 02, 2014
If this man with his head upside down as well as deformed limbs could go all out to become who he wanted to be, then why not YOU with a well placed head on the neck and normal functioning limbs.
Bottomline: THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR FAILURE BECAUSE IN THE END YOU WILL ONLY EVER LIVE A LIFE YOU CREATED FOR YOURSELF.

1 Like

Re: Brazilian Man Born With Upside-down Head Defies All Odds [pics & Video] by kennyung: 2:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
PRISTINEMUSCLES: If this man with his head upside down as well as deformed limbs could go all out to become who he wanted to be, then why not YOU with a well placed head on the neck and normal functioning limbs.
Bottomline: THERE IS NEVER AN EXCUSE FOR FAILURE BECAUSE IN THE END YOU WILL ONLY EVER LIVE A LIFE YOU CREATED FOR YOURSELF.

Affirmative

(1) (Reply)

Nuga Best Therapeutic Massage Centre With South Korean Equipment Now In Kaduna / See Photos Of A Baby Boy Born Without Anus In Jos / erectile Dysfunction Among Men And Women Has Natural Solution_check This Out.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.