Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,585 members, 7,770,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 11:26 AM

Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP (40197 Views)

Olusegun Mimiko Visits Fayose In Ekiti State (Photos) / Tele Ikuru, River State Dep. Governor Gets Grand Reception As He Joins PDP -Pics / Dr. Olusegun Mimiko's 563 Political Appointees In Ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by PhockPhockMan: 3:10pm On Oct 02, 2014
After months of speculations, the Ondo State governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko yesterday formally declared his intention to join the ruling People’s Democratic Party (PDP). In effect, Governor Mimiko has dumped the Labour Party(LP), a platform he has sustained as its only governor and national leader since 2006.

The governor has already informed members of his cabinet and close political associates in a chain of meetings which took place yesterday at the government house Akure. Some of his aides were already on their way to their various local government areas to inform their constituents of the governor’s decision as at the time of this report.

Before now, Governor Mimiko has had a close working relationship with the ruling PDP at the centre. His relationship with President Goodluck Jonathan has also been chummy even as he has worked to checkmate the influence of the opposition, All Progressives Congress (APC) in the south-west, the party’s major stronghold.

This had sparked insinuations that he had dumped his party, a development that prompted denials by the governor and his close aides.

Regardless, yesterday’s move by the governor came after series of consultations with the national leadership of both the LP and PDP, just as certain concessions were said to have been reached between Mimiko and top presidency officials.

Efforts to reach the governor were not successful. But his commissioner for information, Kayode Akinmade confirmed the move. “We are close to moving to PDP because apart from the various pressures from within and outside the state, you should know that the governor has been in the forefront of Mr President’s re-election project in 2015.

“He has demonstrated this severally without any apology to anyone because it is a noble course. However, if Mr Governor, as it were, needs to do more in this regard, the best thing for him to do is simple- he thinks he must be on the same boat with Mr President to actualise the 2015 re-election project if only to sustain the gains of the president’s administration.

http://leadership.ng/news/381798/2015-finally-mimiko-dumps-lp-joins-pdp-2

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 02, 2014
Nigerian politicians -Changing party lyk wrapper since 12AD

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 02, 2014
See Op if I vex ehn undecided angry na thunder wey de du press up go fire u iswear mtcheww undecided angry

1 Like

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by PhockPhockMan: 3:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
snowprince07: See Op if I vex ehn undecided angry na thunder wey de du press up go fire u iswear mtcheww undecided angry
Between you and I, we shall know who the thunder will fire after pressing up.

56 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 02, 2014
^^
gringrin

13 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:20pm On Oct 02, 2014
Yes oooo

I also saw it on AIT just now.

I knew there was fire on the mountain when their Chairman stepped down, he gave one silly excuse which I didn't buy.

Now Mimiko is gone. Tha party is as good as dead.

Politrickcians have no loyalty/shame whatsoever.

FeeDeeFee

Fawar.

Sheygey Feofle.

21 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by GogetterMD(m): 3:22pm On Oct 02, 2014
It was a long time coming. Bound to happen eventually

3 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Bennyberry(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
It a well known fact that Governor Olusegun Mimiko has always bn a loyal member of the people democratic party.infact he sleeps at aso Rock than GEJ.xo decamping to PDP is a comic statement.#naija politicians behaving like prostitutes since 00BC

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by kokoA(m): 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
I thought PDP took the "five rebel" governors to court for decamping to APC

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by PhockPhockMan: 3:29pm On Oct 02, 2014
Steadmann: Yes oooo

I also saw it on AIT just now.

I knew there was fire on the mountain when their Chairman stepped down, he gave one silly excuse which I didn't buy.

Now Mimiko is gone. Tha party is as good as dead.

Politrickcians have no loyalty/shame whatsoever.

FeeDeeFee

Fawar.

Sheygey Feofle.
Don't mind that snowprince07, do he thinks I'm a joker like him?
The coast is getting clearer for GEJ.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:32pm On Oct 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan: Don't mind that snowprince07, do he thinks I'm a joker like him?
The coast is getting clearer for GEJ.
ok sorry dude didn't meant to b rude was just joking

2 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by PhockPhockMan: 3:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
kokoA: I thought PDP took the "five rebel" governors to court for decamping to APC
That's discussion for another day.

3 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by PhockPhockMan: 3:35pm On Oct 02, 2014
snowprince07: ok sorry dude didn't meant to b rude was just joking
ONE LOVE.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by PrinceAkbabio(m): 3:36pm On Oct 02, 2014
2015 is by d corner so evry 1 wnt 2 identify wit d moving train. #GEJ2019...

18 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Johnnyessence(m): 3:37pm On Oct 02, 2014
every Nigeria av know before that mimiko is PDP so no doubt about that in fact its gives a edge to APC to win in coming election in ondo am just happy people are aware of stomach infrastructure d PDP is displaying in d govt. d civil servants in on do state of non payment of their salaries PDP will loose convincely coming Feb 14 election.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by nigerianvenom(m): 3:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
GEJ,the cynosure of all eyes.u cant ignore than to join his ever growing camp.
GEJ till 2019

19 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by saintneo(m): 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wow!

That's all I can say.....wow!

Ethnic politics dying! Just wish the parties will be ruled by ideologies.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 02, 2014
PhockPhockMan: ONE LOVE.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
(Y)

1 Like

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by desgiezd(m): 3:44pm On Oct 02, 2014
snowprince07: See Op if I vex ehn undecided angry na thunder wey de du press up go fire u iswear mtcheww undecided angry

That's serious oo, hey, thunder wey dey do press up!

Mimiko has always been a PDP fellow, he only used Labour Party as a spring board and has now dumped the Party. I hope he would not end up being consumed in that Party.

5 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by iamodenigbo1(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2014
finally,welcome home Tinubu nemesis

7 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by orobs93(m): 3:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
I never knew labor party and pdp were not the same.

6 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2014
desgiezd:

That's serious oo, hey, thunder wey dey do press up!

Mimiko has always been a PDP fellow, he only used Labour Party as a spring board and has now dumped the Party. I hope he would not end up being consumed in that Party.
lol don't mind that thunder grin

3 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 02, 2014
Not surprised.

I have told friends who cares to listen that though we supported Mimiko but labour will not win the next Guber election in ondo state.

So Mimiko knows where the tide is heading and had to do the NEEDFUL 'cos he understand our people/politics.

4 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by talktimi(m): 3:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hahahahahhahahaaa VERY GOOD, I'm sure the APCankerworms will have a load of rubbish to say about this very soon grin

2 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by desgiezd(m): 4:03pm On Oct 02, 2014
talktimi: Hahahahahhahahaaa VERY GOOD, I'm sure the APCankerworms will have a load of rubbish to say about this very soon grin

How reliable is Mimiko as a person and also as a politician? Was it not the leaders of APC that funded his legal fess when he fought and defeated PDP/Olusegun Agagu to reclaim his mandate that was rigged by PDP? Did he fulfill his own side of the bargain? He has integrity issues and its most likely he will carry this along into PDP.

30 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by talktimi(m): 4:07pm On Oct 02, 2014
desgiezd:

How reliable is Mimiko as a person and also as a politician? Was it not the leaders of APC that funded his legal fess when he fought and defeated PDP/Olusegun Agagu to reclaim his mandate that was rigged by PDP? Did he fulfill his own side of the bargain? He has integrity issues and its most likely he will carry this along into PDP.
he didn't want to be any jagaban's puppet so he did the wise thing

17 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Rikidony(m): 4:08pm On Oct 02, 2014
PDP THE SILENT MAJORITY cool

MIMIKO HAVE RETURNED BACK FROM HIS SPYING JOURNEY cool

SOON AMEACHI WILL BE BACK FROM HIS ASSIGNMENT cool cool

#GEJTILL2019 cool cool

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by desgiezd(m): 4:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
talktimi: he didn't want to be any jagaban's puppet so he did the wise thing

Agreed but it still presents with an integrity issue!

3 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by talktimi(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
desgiezd: a

Agreed but it still presents with an integrity issue!
betraying thieving rogues doesn't present any integrity issues except on the thieves part . Tinubu would have made sure Ondo state was plunged into a bottomless pit of debt never to come out again

8 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Rikidony(m): 4:14pm On Oct 02, 2014
talktimi: Hahahahahhahahaaa VERY GOOD, I'm sure the APCankerworms will have a load of rubbish to say about this very soon grin

AND HERE ARE THERE grin grin grin \/\/ \/\/

desgiezd: How reliable is Mimiko as a person and also as a politician?
Was it not the leaders of APC that funded his legal fess when
he fought and defeated PDP/Olusegun Agagu to reclaim his
mandate that was rigged by PDP? Did he fulfill his own side of
the bargain? He has integrity issues and its most likely he will
carry this along into PDP.

JANJA.WEEDS grin grin

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by desgiezd(m): 4:17pm On Oct 02, 2014
Rikidony:
AND HERE ARE THERE grin grin grin \/\/ \/\/
JANJA.WEEDS grin grin

Before you tag me, I'll advice you take a look at my profile and older posts, then you'll be right to form an opinion!

4 Likes

Re: Governor Olusegun Mimiko Joins PDP by Rikidony(m): 4:19pm On Oct 02, 2014
desgiezd:

Before you tag me, I'll advice you take a look at my profile and older posts, then you'll be right to form an opinion!

OK APOLOGIES cool

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

PDP Replies Aisha Buhari On Twitter / Femi Gbajabiamila Shares Food Items To His Surulere Constituents / Alleged Incitement: Keyamo Petitions DSS, Demands Peter Obi’s Arrest

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.