Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,593 members, 7,820,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm (4114 Views)

Doctor Reveals 4 True Benefits Of Swallowing Man's Sperm (must Read) / Man Dies At Sperm Bank After 4th Donation In 10 Days (PHOTO) / Things That Can Affect A Man's Sperm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 5:39pm On Oct 02, 2014
An Ohio woman has sued a
Chicago-area sperm bank after she became
pregnant with sperm donated by a black man
instead of a white man as she and her partner
had intended.
The woman is seeking damages and wants to
ensure the sperm bank doesn't make a similar
mistake again.
Within days of their wedding in New York,
Jennifer Cramblett and Amanda Zinkon had
become pregnant with the donor sperm. In April
2012, five months into her pregnancy,
Cramblett, 36, called Midwest Sperm Bank LLC
outside Chicago to reserve sperm from the
same donor in the hope that Zinkon, 29, would
someday also have a child.
That's when Cramblett received some
disturbing news, says a lawsuit filed Monday
against Midwest Sperm Bank in Cook County,
Illinois: She learned from a sperm bank
employee that she had been inseminated with
sperm from the wrong donor.
Cramblett said they had chosen sperm from a
man known as No. 380, a white donor. The
sperm used for insemination came from No.
330, a black donor, she said.
"How could they make a mistake that was so
personal?" Cramblett said during a telephone
interview on Wednesday.
According to the lawsuit, her excitement about
the pending birth was replaced with "anger,
disappointment and fear."
"They took a personal choice, a personal
decision and took it on themselves to make
that choice for us out of pure negligence,"
Cramblett said.
Telephone messages left Wednesday at
Midwest Sperm Bank were not returned. It's
unclear who its attorney is.
Cramblett said she and Zinkon love their 2-
year-old daughter, Payton, very much and
wouldn't change anything about her. But they
are concerned about raising her in the
predominantly white community where they
live.
The lawsuit said they had moved from Akron to
Uniontown for better schools and to be closer
to Cramblett's family. She said that as a
lesbian she has felt the sting of prejudice but
doesn't know what it's like to be mistreated
because of skin color.
The lawsuit says Cramblett also is worried
about how Payton will be treated in her "all-
white, and often unconsciously insensitive
family."
Therapists have recommended that Cramblett,
Zinkon and Payton move to a more racially
diverse community with good schools, the
lawsuit said.
Cramblett said she decided to sue to prevent
the sperm bank from making the same mistake
again. The lawsuit says the sperm bank has no
electronic record-keeping and no quality
controls that would have prevented it from
sending the wrong sperm to fertility clinics.
The lawsuit seeks a minimum of $50,000 in
damages. Cramblett's attorney, Tim Misny,
said some of the compensation would pay for
ongoing counseling. source. http://abcn.ws/
1rPzDfl
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Dbestmax(m): 5:52pm On Oct 02, 2014
I keep asking...wen will d value of d blacks be equal to the White
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by godofwar666(m): 5:55pm On Oct 02, 2014
So woman you want to sue the sperm bank for giving u black man sperm, you don forget say na black the rule your country White people with their mumu behaviour
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by datguru: 5:56pm On Oct 02, 2014
Mtcheew SMH
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by jacabi(m): 6:21pm On Oct 02, 2014
Wonder they say, shall never end.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 02, 2014
Dbestmax: I keep asking...wen will d value of d blacks be equal to the White

Probably never because some (whites) are very delusional. You'll have to put value on yourself because they will never do it for you or do it willingly. And you'll often have to give them a dose of reality check every time their god complex displays itself. Very tiring but amazingly, they check themselves very well around people with healthy self-respect.

Have dealt with a lot of their BS & I just had to put them in their place. You teach people how to treat you. Simple.

6 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 7:16pm On Oct 02, 2014
Quite sad, to think they're lesbians and have both faced some type of criticism for their lifestyle, you'd think they would lovingly accept this gross mistake without bringing race into it.

A child is a child, that poor baby already has to grow up in a dysfunctional family unit comprised of two mothers, they need to just go hide and raise that girl in peace.

I guess I'm just too traditional but I'll never understand how two people of the same gender can find attraction not to talk of marriage, whatever.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by lomprico(m): 7:46pm On Oct 02, 2014
RACIST!
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by dridowu: 8:04pm On Oct 02, 2014
Hmmmm
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by otipoju(m): 9:24pm On Oct 02, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Probably never because some (whites) are very delusional. You'll have to put value on yourself because they will never do it for you or do it willingly. And you'll often have to give them a dose of reality check every time their god complex displays itself. Very tiring but amazingly, they check themselves very well around people with healthy self-respect.

Have dealt with a lot of their BS & I just had to put them in their place. You teach people how to treat you. Simple.

My brother one million likes for you... that is how i deal with those guys ooo. An average Nigerian is ten times smarter and intelligent than many many whites. in fact i suppose they dash some people slap when i see some mumu behaviour that they put up. Nigerians are just too sophisticated.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 02, 2014
otipoju:

My brother one million likes for you... that is how i deal with those guys ooo. An average Nigerian is ten times smarter and intelligent than many many whites. in fact i suppose they dash some people slap when i see some mumu behaviour that they put up. Nigerians are just too sophisticated.

grin I'm a girl grin

But you're correct, they do need to be knocked down a few pegs as a reminder that no person is superior than the other.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Dbestmax(m): 11:33pm On Oct 02, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Trust me the Blacks themselves are actually not making it any better ....Even down here in ds our country...Our own very people combine with the whites here to use us as slaves in most of d big factories located around Lagos State and others...Work like Elephants ...eat like ant

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 03, 2014
Dbestmax:

Trust me the Blacks themselves are actually not making it any better ....Even down here in ds our country...Our own very people combine with the whites here to use us as slaves in most of d big factories located around Lagos State and others...Work like Elephants ...eat like ant

My brother, I know! Black people are infuriating.

Just yesterday I experienced how coon(ish) some still are. I went to my neighbourhood store to purchase a few items & I carried a lot of coins with me (R5s + R2s). I went to the till to pay for my stuffs & behind me was a white woman carrying only a redbull. She started acting like she was in a hurry, huffing & puffing behind me as I counted my coins. The cashier had a nerve to tell me to move aside so madam "I'm in a hurry" can pay. She told me this in English, trying to score brownie points with the white lady on my expense. I refused in English too & told her (the cashier), first come, first serve. The white lady got irritated, slammed the redbull on the counter & walked out.

I was SO annoyed I had to give the cashier a piece of my mind for the behaviour. Slaves until the end. Disgusting.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Virus777: 7:22am On Oct 03, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

Granted, some whites can be really racist, and that is quite unfortunate. However in this case I actually see nothing remotely racist about this couple's preference. They gave ample reasons why they wanted a white donor and it all sounds plausible to me. Besides they have every right to choose the race they want their child to be. If they hate the negro race that much, they almost certainly would have aborted the baby at the initial stage. I honestly feel they just didn't want their kid to suffer racial prejudice as a result of being a product of mixed parentage. I understand that such kids usually suffer rejection from both black and white communities in America.

We can put ourselves in their shoes and imagine how we'd feel if we had asked for sperm from a black donor at the bank and instead later find out that we're pregnant from the sperm of some guy from a different race, perhaps a Chinese, a Somalian, a vietnamese or any other race. It can be a really disheartening experience. That hospital should be made to pay a hefty compensation for such gross incompetence.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 03, 2014
Virus777:

Granted, some whites can be really racist, and that is quite unfortunate. However in this case I actually see nothing remotely racist about this couple's prefence. They gave ample reasons why they wanted a white donor and it all sounds plausible to me. Besides they have every right to choose the race they want their child to be. If they hate the negro race that much, they almost certainly would have aborted the baby at the initial stage. I honestly feel they just didn't want their kid to suffer racial prejudice as a result of being a product of mixed parentage. I understand that such kids usually suffer rejection from both black and white communities in America.

We can put ourselves in their shoes and imagine how we'd feel if we had asked for sperm from a black donor at the bank and instead later find out that we're pregnant from the sperm of some guy from a different race, perhaps a Chinese, a Somalian, a vietnamese or any other race. It can be a really disheartening experience. That hospital should be made to pay a hefty compensation for such gross incompetence.

No, I do get their situation. I'm not arguing with that, nor do I cur about their problem, really. I was simply giving an answer to the guy who was talking about race value.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 7:28am On Oct 03, 2014
Please let's not put sentiments into this.

How many black people wouldn't be infuriated if you paid for black donor sperm and ended up with a Chinese baby? You don't have to hate Chinese to be angry. Every mother has a vision of what their baby will look like, so imagine the shock when something else was put in there. There is nothing in this article that suggests they are racists or do not Love the child.

It's high time black people stop playing victim all the time! There are countless black people who would have reacted the same way if they were inseminated with a white donor sperm.

5 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 03, 2014
Virus777:
Granted, some whites can be really racist, and that is quite unfortunate. However in this case I actually see nothing remotely racist about this couple's preference. They gave ample reasons why they wanted a white donor and it all sounds plausible to me. Besides they have every right to choose the race they want their child to be. If they hate the negro race that much, they almost certainly would have aborted the baby at the initial stage. I honestly feel they just didn't want their kid to suffer racial prejudice as a result of being a product of mixed parentage. I understand that such kids usually suffer rejection from both black and white communities in America.

OMG! We both posted similar comments at the same time! One would think I read yours before posting mine. Happy to see someone who shares the same opinion!
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Dbestmax(m): 9:16am On Oct 03, 2014
LaBellaMafiaZA:

My brother, I know! Black people are infuriating.

Just yesterday I experienced how coon(ish) some still are. I went to my neighbourhood store to purchase a few items & I carried a lot of coins with me (R5s + R2s). I went to the till to pay for my stuffs & behind me was a white woman carrying only a redbull. She started acting like she was in a hurry, huffing & puffing behind me as I counted my coins. The cashier had a nerve to tell me to move aside so madam "I'm in a hurry" can pay. She told me this in English, trying to score brownie points with the white lady on my expense. I refused in English too & told her (the cashier), first come, first serve. The white lady got irritated, slammed the redbull on the counter & walked out.

I was SO annoyed I had to give the cashier a piece of my mind for the behaviour. Slaves until the end. Disgusting.
Ok now you see where it all lies...Instead of the White woman to may be humble herself and plead with you for her to pay...she started forming somtin else...wich shows u that they are in no hurry to relinquish or share d authority they feel they have over the Blacks...Black people trying to gain favour at d expense of their own brothers and our Respect as Negroids...I'l continue to say this..."Until the Blackman develops a mind of his own and believes he can do twice ot wateva the white feel they can...We'l re remain slaves to them...
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 9:18am On Oct 03, 2014
Dbestmax:
Ok now you see where it all lies...Instead of the White woman to may be humble herself and plead with you for her to pay...she started forming somtin else...wich shows u that they are in no hurry to relinquish or share d authority they feel they have over the Blacks...Black people trying to gain favour at d expense of their own brothers and our Respect as Negroids...I'l continue to say this..."Until the Blackman develops a mind of his own and believes he can do twice ot wateva the white feel they can...We'l re remain slaves to them...

Quoted for fact.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Dbestmax(m): 9:19am On Oct 03, 2014
bossladyMo: Please let's not put sentiments into this.

How many black people wouldn't be infuriated if you paid for black donor sperm and ended up with a Chinese baby? You don't have to hate Chinese to be angry. Every mother has a vision of what their baby will look like, so imagine the shock when something else was put in there. There is nothing in this article that suggests they are racists or do not Love the child.

It's high time black people stop playing victim all the time! There are countless black people who would have reacted the same way if they were inseminated with a white donor sperm.
Trust me bro...had it been it was the white woman that saw a Chinese baby....she wudnt react to that extent...bt jst because it was a black child

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 03, 2014
Dbestmax:
Trust me bro...had it been it was the white woman that saw a Chinese baby....she wudnt react to that extent...bt jst because it was a black child

Well I'm not racist, but if I was inseminated with sperm from a different race from what I requested for, I would react the same way....does not mean I Love the baby any less.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 9:35am On Oct 03, 2014
The woman is seeking damages and wants to ensure the sperm bank doesn't make a similar mistake again.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by kay29000(m): 12:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
What a shocker that would have been for them. I actually thought I was going to read that they got an abortion or gave the child out.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by HARTZIV: 12:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
To be honest i think its nothing racist about the reacting of the woman
imagen i like messi and i go to a tattoo store and ask them to tattoo me big fat messi face on my back and after he is finished i realize he had tattooed me a c. ronaldo face instead
i will be fkn pissed and sue his a.ss not because cr7 is any inferior its because i ordered a fucing messi

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by ttmacoy: 6:03am On Oct 04, 2014
Duplicate post
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by ttmacoy: 6:04am On Oct 04, 2014
Dbestmax:

I disagree with your comment. There Is a reason why you go through a thorough selection process to select a donor. No sugar quoting it, the company messed up and should be held to account.

God forbid but if my wife and I had to go down the donor route we would pick a donor based on our preferences and most likely black as we are both black e.g Obama sperm smiley. If they make a mistake and insemination her with sperm from a random guy from China town who donated sperm to pay his gambling debt, we would be very angry.

Doesn't mean I hate Chinese or I am racist. Simple means we made a decision based on a number if factors eg race, genes, health, intelligence etc and now u have used a random sperm from God knows where. No sentiments here they bleeped up and must be held to account.

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by ttmacoy: 6:14am On Oct 04, 2014

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by CBNIM: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Virus777:

You took the word outta my mouth!
They have a strong case here and racism has nothing to do with it. Cute baby though.
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Why the wolf cries? She went to the bank with her specifications and probably pay handsomely for both product and service. By all means, she should get her order in the correct form! One should imagine how extremely inconvenient it is for white parents to have a black baby or black parents to have white baby. Everyone should clean up their acts and not saddle the unsuspecting clients with a life time of explanation.

Of course, we know baby cannot be returned once born cheesy
Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Kaywantay: 1:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Poor child. Those women are using her as tragic biracial mistake. I'll be honest. Don't believe the media. I'm African American woman know the game from the head to the toe. WW/WM use BM as human vibrator or donate sperm bank everyday. Plus wp Adopt black babies as symbol of wealth and showing off to the world. I'll admit. I'll freak out,too.If the hospital mistaken the wrong ethnic sperm into my womb. I'll calm down and love my child with all my heart. Laugh at the fate of Life. That woman is using this moment for money and fame. People need to bewared of doctors

1 Like

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Afrok(m): 4:52am On Oct 05, 2014
It was not a mistake or negligence from the sperm bank but a known fact that sperm from Africans are like missiles capable of destroying everything they come In contact with until they fertilize the egg. Black rules johr tongue

2 Likes

Re: Woman Sues Sperm Bank After She Was Impregnated With A Black Man, Sperm by Kaywantay: 8:47am On Oct 05, 2014
I believe they knew that the females wasn't race tolerant or dislike lesbians. So, someone fked them up in the mannersmiley Now she has a biracial child. The ironic of fate from the Higher Power.The Gods got great compassion and mercy for the humans. Didn't give them a boy. This story would been ten TIME greater for both side.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Medical Practise In Ireland For A Nigerian Trained Doctor / For Those Who Did Ivf Or Icsi / Funny X-ray Images: 30 Of The Most Unbelievably Weird X-rays You`ll Ever See

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.