Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,244 members, 7,815,339 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... (1906 Views)

Pregnant Woman Blasted For 'bleaching' Her Baby Bump [PICS] / The Finger Nails Pregnant Woman Got For Her Baby Shower... / Paternity Fraud In Nigeria: Are You Your Baby’s Daddy? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Utchry: 12:16pm On Oct 03, 2014
Hmm... sometime last year, i posted a topic on ''Whose name should the baby bear?'' To continue the story, the baby daddy in question has finally agreed to have a DNA but the mother who has been SOLELY responsible for the upkeep of the child since conception will be the one to pay for the DNA test even when she asked him if he'd be contributing to the payment, he said NO!

The girl went ahead to inquire from him his plans after the DNA result is out but the dude claims not to have any plans yet. He told her that he'll start making plans when the result is out. Hmmm... The questions running through her mind

1)should she trust him?

2)what if he doesn't come up with a good/reasonable plan that will favour the girl and her child..., should she go ahead and pay for the DNA just for the sake of her child EVEN THOUGH its not convenient for her?

3)Should she insist on knowing the guy's plans before proceeding to pay for the DNA?

4)Should she demand from him every dime or half refund of what she has spent after the result because she is 100% sure he's the father being intimate with him ONLY & to add, the baby is the father's typical carbon-copy.

5)WHAT SHOULD SHE DO

NB: The truth is, paying for this DNA is not convenient for her at all, coupled with the fact that she has been taking full responsibility of the child including paying the school fees, etc

Genuine and reasonable advices are needed please.
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2014
Pay the damn money and be vindicated...my 2cents.

3 Likes

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by beeevan: 12:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Why don't she focus and raise her child, she is actually dragging this dude thrashing and kicking to be a father. The resources for the test is better off utilized raising the kid. Isn't it obvious that the dude is not interested in this child irrespective of what DNA has to say?

5 Likes

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
The onus lies on the accuser to prove her case beyond reasonable doubt. The accused can only defend himself by denying the allegations. If found guilty, then he takes responsibility for his actions.
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 03, 2014
She should pay for the DNA and be sure who the father of her child is. If the guy doesn't want to take responsibility, she should then go ahead and focus on the child herself .

Or is this a case of trying to get money from a supposed baby daddy ?
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by eagleeye2: 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2014
how much is the DNA test?

1 Like

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Utchry: 12:48pm On Oct 03, 2014
Chillisauce post=/post/26830543:
She should pay for the DNA and be sure who the father of her child is. If the guy doesn't want to take responsibility, she should then go ahead and focus on the child herself .

Or is this a case of trying to get money from a supposed baby daddy ?

Not like She's trying to get money from him, she's willing to pay to vindicate herself.. but these are just the questions running through her mind.
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by eagleeye2: 12:50pm On Oct 03, 2014
Utchry post=/post/26830822:

Not like She's trying to get money from him, she's willing to pay to vindicate herself.. but these are just the questions running through her mind.
Can you please tell us how much we are talking about here?

1 Like

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 12:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
If he refuses to take responsibility of the child because he doesn't believe it's his, then she should pay for it.

If the child is then proven to be his, he should return her the money and take responsibility.
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Utchry: 1:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
eagleeye2 post=/post/26830608:
how much is the DNA test?

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:24pm On Oct 03, 2014
To
what end if i may ask?If he cant pay to have a closure,what then do one
need a useless baby father for?She better focussss on herself and her
child and leave irresponsible man.God knows if na me,that child will
grow u believing her dad died from a stray bullet!Better of,than knowing
her father is a hopeless buffalo!

6 Likes

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:33pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lynpetra that was harsh o shocked

Truth is,if his absence wasn't felt (by the mother and child),then his presence wouldn't make a difference..
If person dash her 97k,shey na DNA go be the next thing on her mind? Since she's not financially bouyant,she shouldn't risk it..

I thought there's a line that says"everywoman knows whom the father of her child is"
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
lynpetra post=/post/26831617:
To

That is a bit unfair as we do not know why the guy denied the pregnancy in the first place. Only a fool will let another party pin a pregnancy on him and take responsibility for another man's child. If there were no trust issues involved, I doubt if this would have come up.

You can never blame a man or woman for having no trust in their spouse. The way we behave, the friends we keep and the things we do always serve as a determining factor.

1 Like

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by ancashy(f): 1:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Why should I use my hard earned money to proove that an irresponsible,selfish man who bears the name animal for a character is my child's father.
Ok,after d test tests positive and he demands for child custody what happens?,would you be comfortable to leave even your dog with this sort of man and be sure u will come back to meet it alive,not to talk of your flesh and blood.or you think the devil will suddenly change and become an angel because of a DNA result,Women and their dreamy world.As you pay for the DNA you also pay for lifelong emotional torture for yourself and d child.shikena.

6 Likes

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
carefreewannabe post=/post/26830970:
If he refuses to take responsibility of the child because he doesn't believe it's his, then she should pay for it.

If the child is then proven to be his, he should return her the money and take responsibility.

True

1 Like

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
[quote
author=1stCitizen post=/post/26831971]

That is a bit unfair as we do not know why the guy denied the pregnancy
in the first place. Only a fool will let another party pin a pregnancy
on him and take responsibility for another man's child. If there were no
trust issues involved, I doubt if this would have come up.

You can never blame a man or woman for having no trust in their spouse.
The way we behave, the friends we keep and the things we do always serve
as a determining factor.[/quote]What manner of a man will not seek to find out if he actually fathered a child with his own money?The idiot is scared of responsibility jare.If my own brother does this,i will to his face call him a waste of my father's seed!
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
lynpetra post=/post/26831617:
To
Why do u always talk so aggressively? Always taking evrythin personal!
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
lynpetra post=/post/26832171:
What manner of a man will not seek to find out if he actually fathered a child with his own money?The idiot is scared of responsibility jare.If my own brother does this,i will to his face call him a waste of my father's seed!

Well, we have read and even witnessed cases where people pinned pregnancies on simple acquaintances because they are rich, famous etc.
Is it advisable to pay for everyone that comes by? How many u go pay? cheesy cheesy cheesy

Refusing to subject oneself to such test is what may constitute as irresponsibility and not refusing to pay the bills for it.
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 1:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
Odilafta post=/post/26831848:
Lynpetra that was harsh o
Abi o.Because man wey no want wahala go drag the babe by himself go hospital.What if the babe still go forge am since na she dey pay?The guy no serious jare.Na Otondo!
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 2:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
[quote
author=1stCitizen post=/post/26832339]

Well, we have read and even witnessed cases where people pinned
pregnancies on simple acquaintances because they are rich, famous etc.
Is it advisable to pay for everyone that comes by? How many u go pay? cheesy
cheesy cheesy

Refusing to subject oneself to such test is what may constitute as
irresponsibility and not refusing to pay the bills for it. [/quote]My dear,once a man sleeps without protection with a fertile woman,be sure to know a baby might come out.Find out to know if its your product.Easy!
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 2:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
lynpetra: My dear,once a man sleeps without protection with a fertile woman,be sure to know a baby might come out.Find out to know if its your product.Easy!

Well have you considered the fact that the man might be denying the pregnancy because he is 100% he used protection?
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 2:44pm On Oct 03, 2014
If she's sure she has no skeleton in her cupboard,let her convince him by paying,and when she comes clean,she should dump him

Respect is earned,not given.

1 Like

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 3:43pm On Oct 03, 2014
1stCitizen:

Well have you considered the fact that the man might be denying the pregnancy because he is 100% he used protection?
If that was the case,there wudnt have been any allegation in the first place.
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 3:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
fabiano09:
Why do u always talk so aggressively? Always taking evrythin personal!
Am i aggressive to you?Why take it personal?Abi u follow for men wey dy give woman belle run?
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 03, 2014
lynpetra: If that was the case,there wudnt have been any allegation in the first place.

Don't be naive. You underestimate what human beings can come up with
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 03, 2014
lynpetra: To
shocked shocked cheesy cheesy grin grin harsh but true

1 Like

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2014
1stCitizen:

you clearly missed primary school science classes because if u did go you would know that condoms aren't 100% safe
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 4:52pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mondisweets: you clearly missed primary school science classes because if u did go you would know that condoms aren't 100%

grin grin
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by phadat(m): 4:55pm On Oct 03, 2014
I don't see the reason why the man can't pay for the test, 97k is big but still let the man take responsibility if he is the one demanding for the test, even if he is not sure the kid is his , the more reason to pay for the test and be free of any or all paternity saga and lay the matter to rest for once

2 Likes

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 5:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
1stCitizen:

Don't be naive. You underestimate what human beings can come up with
You are the one not shooting properly here.See,as long as he had sex with her,he is answerabl.If him like make him wear condoms,or do withdrawal method,all can still lead to pregnancy to some degree.As long as condom isn't a 100% secure,anything can happen.Some sperm sabi deliver sharparly,the thing go just travel straight with chain and padlock go tie itself for woman ovaries.cheesy
Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by cococandy(f): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Gbam
beeevan: Why don't she focus and raise her child, she is actually dragging this dude thrashing and kicking to be a father. The resources for the test is better off utilized raising the kid. Isn't it obvious that the dude is not interested in this child irrespective of what DNA has to say?

1 Like

Re: Her Baby Daddy Wants A Dna But She's Paying For It... by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
Mondisweets: you clearly missed primary school science classes because if u did go you would know that condoms aren't 100% safe

Is that necessary? I wished you had at least tried the least intelligent way to pass a childish insult. I am not surprised that you were taught how to use a condom in primary school. Speaks a lot you see.

Back to the argument, does the fact that condoms are not 100% safe remove the fact that one cannot use it to prevent pregnancy.

Secondly if one has used it as a preventive measure does it not mean that there might be some doubt when the woman says she is pregnant. Please argue constructively based on facts and stop sounding like a three year old.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Reviews For LG WM 1760 - Manual Top Loader - Washing Machin / HE Created This And Many More (PICTURE) / Men's Brain Vs Women's Brain. The Big Difference.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.