Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,379 members, 7,954,540 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:39 PM

Help: Website Is Down - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help: Website Is Down (781 Views)

Let's Design ur Website ,business without Corporate Website is meaningless.. / Website Is Offline!!!! / One Nigerian website is stealing my content (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help: Website Is Down by ubiquitousade(m): 12:40pm On Oct 03, 2014
Webmasters pls I need ur help

I received a call from my webhost that I have a script on my website that is causing their server to malfunction. Currently they have suspended my account and will be reopened when am ready to resolve the issue.
I noticed that when I did upload this site from my pc using ftp, their server went down for about three days before they could fix it.

They have asked me to remove the script causing the promblem but my issue is I dont know which script is causing it.

I built this website on WordPress platform and I have never encountered this before.

The owner of the site is on my neck as he cant receive emails and its gonna cost him a lot.

Have you encountered this kind of issue before? How did you resolve it? or what do you think I can do to resolved this issue.

Pls I need help asap.

Thank you.

Here is the theme I used: https://wordpress.org/themes/figero

Here are the plugins:

for slider: https://wordpress.org/plugins/ml-slider/

for contact form: http://contactform7.com/

for fixing broken links and missing image issues: https://wordpress.org/plugins/velvet-blues-update-urls/

Have you used any of the above theme or plugins? what are your experiences.

Thank you.
Re: Help: Website Is Down by ubiquitousade(m): 2:09pm On Oct 03, 2014
Anybody here?
Re: Help: Website Is Down by adewasco2k(m): 4:56pm On Oct 03, 2014
first and most important question will be, did you buy the theme from a reliable source?

also your host should be able to give you the name or at least an idea of what is causing the problem.

you could have checked the statistics and errorlog
Re: Help: Website Is Down by adewasco2k(m): 5:01pm On Oct 03, 2014
theme detail shows

Last Updated: 2013-11-16

That is something to consider also
Re: Help: Website Is Down by CreativeWeb(m): 5:53pm On Oct 03, 2014
The theme should be 'ok' since you got it from wordpress.org. The date for last update of the theme is not the problem, it's just last year's november.

If you still have access to cpanel, why not rename the three wp folders to something else. Like renaming wp-admin, wp-content to ABCwp-admin and XYZwp-content. Then upload an empty index.html file in ur root directory. Then contact ur host and inform them that you have rectified the problem.

When they restore your site, rename the folders back to the original names, and rename index.html to index.html1 becos index.html overrides index.php. Then login to ur admin and backup the site from there. Then install a plugin that checks for malware or bad script and run a scan. Check to see if all the plugins are updated.

1 Like

Re: Help: Website Is Down by adewasco2k(m): 9:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
@CreativeWeb and you think i dont know what i was saying?

the theme he downloaded from wordpress.org is old and their is an updated version which is not free...since November last year and you say its not old? do you know how many updates wordpress has rolled out since then and most themes needs to update to met up with the platform's update?

first check this page

http://www.inkthemes.com/wp-themes/single-product-launch-theme/

to show you the theme is not free.

also check here

http://www.inkthemes.com/figero-wordpress-org/

to see that there is an upgraded version available for purchase
Re: Help: Website Is Down by dwebdesign(m): 10:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
has the issue been fixed? i know what the real issue is. its not template issue. its a "script". your site is using up alot of resources which is also affecting the health of other websites since you are on shared hosting package, that is why they shut it down.
contact me, whatsapp: 08133884165
mail: segzy54@gmail.com
will be available to fix it.
Re: Help: Website Is Down by ubiquitousade(m): 11:30pm On Oct 03, 2014
adewasco2k:

also your host should be able to give you the name or at least an idea of what is causing the problem.
thank you but they didnt
Re: Help: Website Is Down by ubiquitousade(m): 11:47pm On Oct 03, 2014
dwebdesign: has the issue been fixed? i know what the real issue is. its not template issue. its a "script". your site is using up alot of resources which is also affecting the health of other websites since you are on shared hosting package, that is why they shut it down.

thanks, guess you nailed it. my guess was that it is d contact form that was the cause. it wasnt functioning properly (owner cant received email from d form) which made me to delete and re-install it. and while i was at it, d said script was spamming their server using up their resources

CreativeWeb:
If you still have access to cpanel, why not rename the three wp folders to something else. Like renaming wp-admin, wp-content to ABCwp-admin and XYZwp-content. Then upload an empty index.html file in ur root directory. Then contact ur host and inform them that you have rectified the problem.
When they restore your site, rename the folders back to the original names, and rename index.html to index.html1 becos index.html overrides index.php. Then login to ur admin and backup the site from there. Then install a plugin that checks for malware or bad script and run a scan. Check to see if all the plugins are updated.

can you suggest a plugin? all plugins are updated.

adewasco2k: theme detail shows

Last Updated: 2013-11-16

That is something to consider also
ok, i actually got the theme from their site and i saw that. bt its not the theme that is causing it.
Re: Help: Website Is Down by ubiquitousade(m): 11:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
I appreciate everyone for their suggestion.
As I have noted above, I have remove the plugin that I think is causing the malfunction.
The site is now functioning but am still waiting for confirmation from the webhost to know if the script has been removed.
I will update as soon as I get a confirmation.
Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Help: Website Is Down by CreativeWeb(m): 7:35am On Oct 20, 2014
Hello ubiquitousade, it seems you want to send me a mail. Pls kindly use: creativewebng@gmail.com Thanks.
Re: Help: Website Is Down by cybells: 8:33am On Oct 20, 2014
Hello, when you installed wordpress, did you check the option for backup? Look around for backup and restore a previous version. If that worked, uninstall your plugins, problem might be from there.

(1) (Reply)

I Want To Sel My Blog On Flippa, How Do I Go About It? / 10 Reasons To Start A Web Development Business In Naija / How You Can Use Pinterest To Promote Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.