Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,679 members, 7,820,384 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. (1900 Views)

Madonna, Lil Kim, Mariah Carey,17 Others That Forgot To Wear Clothes To Mtv VMA / Too Bad For A Married Woman, Amber Rose Goes Nekked To MTV VMA Yesterday / Uti Nwachukwu's Outfit To MTV Base "Shuga" Launch In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by fatdon2(m): 8:02pm On Oct 03, 2014

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by fatdon2(m): 8:05pm On Oct 03, 2014
See more tweets after the cut...

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 03, 2014
Personally, I think fela is overrated..

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by Kunbee: 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
^^^hahahaha. Look at it this way, he spoke of the troubles to come which 9ja is facing and he was apt.

The list is trash and Chidi is sorta right.

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by Begonia(m): 8:45pm On Oct 03, 2014
The 'of all time' is the greatest problem with that list.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by tinuolababy(f): 9:18pm On Oct 03, 2014
That's true. He's right

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by philo3(m): 9:38pm On Oct 03, 2014
femi kuti is supose tu be among dat list

but he z not

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by sinokingz(m): 9:58pm On Oct 03, 2014
Damn true!
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by sinokingz(m): 9:59pm On Oct 03, 2014
PervyByNature: Personally, I think fela is overrated..
his not

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by macklef(m): 11:07pm On Oct 03, 2014
PervyByNature: Personally, I think fela is overrated..
Lets just say we both fall to that class that aint into that kinda music.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by fatdon2(m): 6:26am On Oct 04, 2014
I wonder who put up that list.there many great songs missing there..@eople asking what of FELA,Femi,onyeka Onwunu,sony
okoson,Lagbaja and the rest...this list is Nigeria hip hop music that made wave..i think the person that compile this songs should have titled it 'songs that made wave when it was released,even at that they are many songs missing Like Ijoya,bottom bele,true story
by Timaya and many other great songs..anyways that is the choice of the person that wrote it..but for me,I say big NO to this list!
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by waywardpikin: 11:28am On Oct 04, 2014
PervyByNature:

Me too. I've got a couple of his songs on my playlist and I've listened to his songs while growing up, and as a young man in his late twenties I can authoritatively tell you that Fela is overrated. If he sang what he sang then in today's world his career would never have taken off. Sometimes I listen to his songs and I'm like, "Na d Fela wey everybody just dey make noise about be this?" We just respect him for the legacy he has laid down before he left and his efforts at fighting the excesses of the Nigerian government on behalf of the masses. All in all, Fela Na still baba.

#MyPersonalOpinion

1 Like

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by danbrowndmf(m): 12:26pm On Oct 04, 2014
PervyByNature:
4u to say fela is overrated personally, den i also think ur personally ur foolishness is underrated...... no vex i knw cus u oh.i jus dy tl u d truth,advice knw b cuscheesy

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by brainpower(m): 1:21pm On Oct 04, 2014
The title should have been- "the greatest hip hop/pop songs of the past 20 years". Most of the artists of nowadays don't even do "music" all they do are "songs". Anyway african queen and 2 or three of them should be there but not all. If you say the "most popular" it can still be considered but for me the list is misleading.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by iamrealdeji(m): 2:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
waywardpikin:

Me too. I've got a couple of his songs on my playlist and I've listened to his songs while growing up, and as a young man in his late twenties I can authoritatively tell you that Fela is overrated. If he sang what he sang then in today's world his career would never have taken off. Sometimes I listen to his songs and I'm like, "Na d Fela wey everybody just dey make noise about be this?" We just respect him for the legacy he has laid down before he left and his efforts at fighting the excesses of the Nigerian government on behalf of the masses. All in all, Fela Na still baba.

#MyPersonalOpinion

Because what he says is too advance for your brains to assimilate,how can a human being say Fela is over rated,listen to all his songs before talking like that,if you listen to 2 of his worst songs doesn't mean he's overrated,hes a multi instrumentalist,how many of them do you have now,he plays sax,trumpet,flute,keyboard,guitar,a lyricist,vocalist and still overrated? Learn about him more before talking

2 Likes

Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by MeGaStReEt: 3:27pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wizkid
Davido
Naeto C

On NGOAT?

Make I sip my Oshomo again
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by waywardpikin: 4:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Because what he says is too advance for your brains to assimilate,how can a human being say Fela is over rated,listen to all his songs before talking like that,if you listen to 2 of his worst songs doesn't mean he's overrated,hes a multi instrumentalist,how many of them do you have now,he plays sax,trumpet,flute,keyboard,guitar,a lyricist,vocalist and still overrated? Learn about him more before talking

Look here, I know almost everything about Fela. I know he is a multi instrumentalist, a lyrisict and a vocalist. But he doesn't really do it for everybody. Do I listen to him once in a while? Yes. The same way I listen to Dolly Parton, Tina Turner or Bright Chimezie every now and then. He did his part and fought on the side of justice and what was right. That's great. But I still maintain that he is overrated. Not everyone is a fan of that particular brand/type/kind of music. Get that straight.
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by philantoxx(m): 4:09pm On Oct 04, 2014
the list was dead on arrival
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by iamrealdeji(m): 5:59pm On Oct 04, 2014
waywardpikin:

Look here, I know almost everything about Fela. I know he is a multi instrumentalist, a lyrisict and a vocalist. But he doesn't really do it for everybody. Do I listen to him once in a while? Yes. The same way I listen to Dolly Parton, Tina Turner or Bright Chimezie every now and then. He did his part and fought on the side of justice and what was right. That's great. But I still maintain that he is overrated. Not everyone is a fan of that particular brand/type/kind of music. Get that straight.
Not everybody is a fan of every genre of music,some people are passionate about Dolly Parton's genre,some hate it than shit(i really love her though),some people are passionate about rap(like myself),some hate it like shit,because everybody doesn't like Fela's genre doesn't mean he should try every genre to make everybody like him,thats impossible,but he was really talented and great during his time with really nice lyrics,he touched lots of things,not government criticism alone,he touched our day to day activities etc,he touched everything,mind you I used to hate Fela like shit before too,I just had this great love for him recently when a friend put his songs in my laptop,i listened to them and since then,'WoW
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by fatdon2(m): 8:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
lipsrsealed
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by Nobody: 1:37am On Oct 05, 2014
this guy can tweet.....chai
Re: Chidi Mokeme Also Reacts To MTV Africa's Best Naija Tracks List. by ModusOperandi(f): 4:39am On Oct 05, 2014
I was also surprised when I watched it yesterday, but I think I heard something like "since 2005" so that explains why the likes of Fela didn't make the list.

(1) (Reply)

Check Out Stylish Couple Dr Sid & Wife's Outfit To LFDW Yesterday / Sean Tizzle: Bleaching Or Nah? Spot The ‘difference’ / Annie Idibia Releases Statement Regarding 2face Kissing Baby Mama Pero Adeniyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.