Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,297 members, 7,836,297 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:40 AM

How To Become A Twitter Celebrity In Nigeria - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / How To Become A Twitter Celebrity In Nigeria (1289 Views)

D’banj Gives Lady An Unexpected Job Offer For Opening A Twitter Account / Twitter Babes: Tweet Between Donjazzy And A Twitter User (Hilarious Snapshot) / Jim Iyke Is The Best Dressed Male Celebrity In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Become A Twitter Celebrity In Nigeria by Naijasinglegirl: 9:10pm On Oct 03, 2014
Twitter Nigeria is grouped into 5 major categories listed below;

1. Political Twitter: This group consists of elites. 70% of their own tweets are centralised on politics. The remaining 30% are retweets of political tweets. A lot of them treat their twitter like the morning paper. They sit on their toilet seat and tweet on how Nigeria should be run. They have a hot temper and express it by tweeting in caps lock. They all have one thing in common which is a strong crush on President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan.

Political twitter is not for flippant people. Vacancy is open to obstinate and argumentative persons. If you have intentions of joining, you would have to show some high level of commitment like striving to memorise each and every word spoken on NTA news.

2. TBH Twitter: I wish I knew what the acronym TBH means. All I'm certain of is, TBH is for Nigerians in the diaspora and a couple of users from Lagos Island and Abuja. The binding characteristic of this category is, they rarely follow back.
A tbh member is guilty of at least one of the following
- They are notorious for being online bullies.
- The use of ambiguous words in their tweets probably to intimidate members of LWKMD. Eg My bucal cavity is prickling me 😞.
- Reply of selected mentions and possession of an inner circle.
- Use of intriguing monosyllabic and sometimes meaningless twitter bios e.g brutal, narcissist, sanguine, glutton, Hermes Byzantine, paedophile, homoerectus etc.
-  Some of them posses only inner beauty which happens to be the major reason they use anonymous avatar (I hope I didn't sub myself).
Anonymous avatars includes but are not limited to a blank screen, a twitter egg, video games characters, funny emojis etc
- Use of fierce handles like @IamKane , @TheIgnatius, @KunleRich, @AdaFire @MynameisHilter @KingToke etc.

The first step in porting to TBH is to bring out your inner Judas. You would have to unfollow all your loyal followers that have always been there for you. Here is to hoping you don't unfollow the son/daughter of a native doctor.
Goodluck with that.

3. LWKMD twitter: If you thought those guys you see in motor parks don't own a twitter account, you are wrong.
This category consists of the razz populace of Nigerians. All they do is mess up timelines which happens to be the major reason twitter keeps throwing them in twitjail. They live on RT4RT, wake up in KFB, tweetfeed for breakfast and turn their accounts to questionnaires for dinner. A large fraction of them posses a great sense of humour which makes them great TL rockers. You might recognise them with handles like @olatunji4u2010, @horlaphemiYMCMB,
@fweshdopechickYOLO, @thatshortdudesodope etc.
When someone comes into your mentions with tweets like
" ˚°º≈iº°˚Mbok˚°º≈*º°˚ ˚°º≈º °˚ekpong ˚Mi° ºoh≈-=))"
" I just D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ tweet my mind oº°˚˚˚°ºoh" "Diaris God  oº°˚ ˚°ºo",
"laugh wan kill me die. ... I D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ wait
F̶̲̥̅̊o̶̲̥̅̊я̲̣̣̥ U̶̲̥̅̊ outside twitter Õooº°˚oº°˚º°˚"
Lay your red carpet for a LWKMDite.

4. Twitter Harlots: By their avatar you shall know them. By their tweets you shall know them better. All what users do here is to flood timelines with sexual tweets and twitpics of sex.
Don't get too excited. 10% in this category are made up of girls while the remaining 90% are yahoo boys disguised as girls. Their ultimate mission is to lure naive guys to part with their money or gifts with the promise of fulfilling their sexual desires which of course would never happen. If kisses and hugs emotion icons turn you on, go follow.

5. Company Accounts This is where yours truly @naijasinglegirl prospers without controversy along with accounts like @AirtelNigeria, @trent, @Mypaga, @ShopKonga etc.

Which category do you belong? Which category are you planning on porting to?

http://www.naijasinglegirl.com

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Twitter Celebrity In Nigeria by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 03, 2014
The last one.

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Twitter Celebrity In Nigeria by aniexyz(f): 8:10pm On Oct 11, 2014
not even on Twitter...

so lemme just waka pass!

1 Like

Re: How To Become A Twitter Celebrity In Nigeria by Nmeri17: 10:49pm On Dec 06, 2014
6. the LWKMD wannabe; these ones stay posting dry tweets with a very average dp and hope that one day they'll be starting trends

7. the trend setters; those 200 level unilag boys that make twitter.ng tick. when u go through their favs laughter will throw u into a mini convulsion. They normally have 10000 followers and above

8. the inactive; this set have about 20 tweets in all in a period of a year or more. they tweet bi-annually
Re: How To Become A Twitter Celebrity In Nigeria by hatux: 7:45am On Dec 07, 2014
Online celebrity!? What's that for?

(1) (Reply)

Dr Sid Enrols In New York Film Academy / This Epic Throwback Photo Of Psquare Will Make You Laugh Hard / Check Out This N500k Boyfriend Jeans Rihanna Wore Yesterday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.