Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,497 members, 7,830,502 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:04 AM

RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? (1182 Views)

Pastor Adeboye Dedicates RCCG New Auditorium / Miracles And Signs At The RCCG Camp with video and pictures / 2014 Prophecies By Pastor Adeboye (RCCG) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Titilayodeji13(m): 6:19am On Oct 04, 2014
Is camps a part of Christianity? What the hell is
this ? My buttocks
pains. The Redeemed Christian Church has
brought more harm than good to
the constant or partial users of Lagos Ibadan
expressway and i urge the
government to scrap the 3 day camping.
Sitting for hours in a stuffy
and thick traffic and weighing the disadvantages of
the camp to its
advantages to the larger populace, I discovered the
negative impacts of
the camp far out weighs its profits. A curious mind
would ask, since
they are out to worship, what possible harm could
they cause? My
experiences today, October 3 2014 should satisfy
their curiousity.
The traffic created by Redeemed camp causes
accidents
I saw a dead man as I write in a blue bus, a young
man in the mud, killed
by accident. The man was poorly dressed and
covered with a cloth, it
was obvious that he was in poverty and was
searching for his daily
bread. Most definitely, mad drivers on the rush
either to camp or in
evasion of the tight traffic must have killed him or
how else would a
dead man lay on the road? Does God want his
worship to supersede our
fundamental rights to life he has granted us ?or
movement in search of
food with the legs he has given us? Or man in his
greed would not just
consider. If its God that is all hearing and all-
seeing we seek,
churches on Sundays, fellowships and prayers
during the week should
suffice. If the spirit of God can’t speak to Pastor
G..O to stop the
killings by weighing the disadvantages his
innovation has caused the
federal government should connive with the spirits
to stop the camp.
The Camp poses threat insecurity to both the road
users and the locals
Due
to the density of the road during the camp, there
could be a mesh of
criminals unnoticed amongst the crowd or in the
traffic. I have heard of enough robbery cases on the deadly Lagos Ibadan
expressway which is
most definitely inevitable with the existence of the
camp. In cases of
robbery, the inept Nigerian police that finds it
difficult to arrest a
criminal on open field, how can they control
onslaughts in an
overpopulated area? I must admit as bitter it might
taste, that the
government should do its duty by making security a
priority, thus
banning the camp. Ever heard of an armed robber
in GO’s house? Or road?
Let the holy spirits protect him but not by making
us insecure.
The Camp causes health risks
Following
my observation, the camp causes health risks.
How? the traffic wouldn’t
avail a sick person prompt healthcare . Further the
three days could
overwhelm the hospitals within and beyond the
camp thus creating a
problem. Just imagine an epidemic breaks out or
some wounded person
needs treatment.Would God want us to endanger
our health or that of
another because we want to attend Adeboye’s
camp ? Or Jesus preaches it?
did paul write such in the Bible?.......Redeemed
Camp should be banned by the federal Government or they should relocate.

5 Likes

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Nobody: 6:45am On Oct 04, 2014
Good read. Try to edit and format so it's easier on the eyes. Hope it makes fp.
Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by kevoh(m): 6:50am On Oct 04, 2014
Sadly, the RCCG guys do not think rationally undecided on this camp issue. As usual when it is about religious activities in Nigeria, common sense and logic flies out through the window.

1 Like

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by macklef(m): 8:51am On Oct 04, 2014
embarassed

1 Like

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by PastorKun(m): 10:57am On Oct 04, 2014
@OP
You wan spoil market for Adeboye grin
Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by nora544: 11:02am On Oct 04, 2014
kevoh:
Sadly, the RCCG guys do not think rationally undecided on this camp issue. As usual when it is about religious activities in Nigeria, common sense and logic flies out through the window.

you are so on point, because this campy look for me as if this are a different country in a country.

We see it at the place of TB Joshua.

1 Like

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by WinsomeX: 11:31am On Oct 04, 2014
Even on FB, a lot of people are complaining about the traffic this moment. Somebody said he left his home a little after 6am and at 9am he is yet to cover 30km.

Indeed the govt and the RCCG leadership should look into this incessant traffic hazard. It is bearing no good testimony on the name of Christ.

Imagine, a dead body on the expressway and authorities cannot evacuate it bc they cannot reach it.

Maybe people should just avoid the express entirely on the first weekends of each Monty.

I am a Christian but I see no wisdom in this monthly pilgrimage to the Redeemed Camp every month.

Moderator, please place this on front page; make it nlanders official protest against the RCCG incessant traffic on Lag-Ibadan expressway.

2 Likes

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Macelliot(m): 11:38am On Oct 04, 2014
OP U want to die. When God called smbody to do smthing u want him to undo it. u be God. People die everyday anywhere. If u are jobless pls find smthing to do. Ok.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Macelliot(m): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2014
OP, your frustrations should be directed to your government to repair and expand the road and not towards the innocent pple worshiping their God.
Are they holding ther program on the road? No...
Am not a redeemed member so don't think its a defence for my denomination. And as am writing this I have been in this hold up since 4.am dis morning(abt an hour) stand still, on my way to kwara. So ur pain is not felt by only you. But we won't say because of that, people shouldn't pray to their God in the best way known to them.
All those your analysis of "health risk,accident e.t.c doesn't count. Don't pple die on days when no activity is in redemption camp...or even in political rallies..

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Macelliot(m): 11:39am On Oct 04, 2014
U r asking Jona to Ban the Camp? Jona who is still thinking of hw he will still go to the camp n pray about 2015 election. If Jona hear dz ur request e fit ban u from passing dt Lag/Ibadan Xpress way 4ever. Ur request no go pass this page! No vex
Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Nobody: 2:23pm On Oct 04, 2014
The road isn't good or large enough to accomodate road users. the possible solution is to expand the road because the church isn't on the road either. supposing our roads are in proper shape, do you think you will be experiencing traffic ?
Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by nora544: 3:03pm On Oct 04, 2014
asuustrike1:
The road isn't good or large enough to accomodate road users. the possible solution is to expand the road because the church isn't on the road either. supposing our roads are in proper shape, do you think you will be experiencing traffic ?

What I didnot understand why something like this is in my country the owner of this place has to look that they have the place for all the cars.

Why it must be all on one place why it could not be every week in different states.

what is with modern media didnot know that they can put big TVs that all the followers can see this in their churches.
Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Image123(m): 3:24pm On Oct 04, 2014
Traffic jams were more yesterday due to more people travelling for the holiday that ends on Tuesday. It was on other major roads too.
Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by kokolet007(f): 8:06pm On Oct 04, 2014
I strongly agree wiv the OP,I have once being traped in dat same road due to their monthly programme I spent nearly 5hours frm dre to berger it wasn't funny.
Winner cause such hazardous traffic too in ota but they made effort to make it move! They renovate d roads,pass the traffic even frm a very far distance just to reduce it and thers is only noticeable during their sunday service and shiloh programme!
Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by Gombs(m): 10:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
nora544:

What I didnot understand why something like this is in my country the owner of this place has to look that they have the place for all the cars.

Why it must be all on one place why it could not be every week in different states.

what is with modern media didnot know that they can put big TVs that all the followers can see this in their churches.

grin grin

I'm laughing because I couldn't read what you wrote

1 Like

Re: RCCG CAMP Should Be Banned Or Relocated? by gbaskiboy: 6:05am On Oct 05, 2014
Ketu to Berger when the road is free is just 5 minutes drive and the bus drivers only charge u #50 for transport fare. But on oct 3, transport fare was #300, and I spent SOLID 3 HOURS just get to berger. The same people u found on sunday in church even during d week services they are there and u wonder what are dey looking for? All they are After is PROSPERITY not SALVATION. And the G.O deceives them that their miracles on d way, dis happened YEAR in YEAR out

(1) (Reply)

The Reality Of De Ja Vu?? / 8 Signs You are a Victim of Spiritual Abuse / No Jail For Pastor Who Raped Teenage Boys To Keep Them “sexually Pure”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.