Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,090 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds (2067 Views)

BMW I8 Vs 2015 Corvette Stringray? (IMAGE) / If/when Available As Production Car, Would You Buy Or Ride In An AUTONOMOUS CAR / Your Ideal Car, Favorite Production Car & Car Manufacturer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by auhanson(m): 9:13am On Oct 04, 2014
GM has released its internal testing data for the new 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06. The impressive performance stats put the new supercharged Corvette Z06 in the rarified supercar realm.

When equipped with the new paddle shift eight-speed automatic, the new 650-hp Corvette Z06 with Z07 Performance Package (Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors, Michelin Pilot Sport Cup 2 tires, and full aerodynamic package) hits 60 mph in 2.95 seconds and reaches the quarter-mile in 10.95 seconds, according to GM's tests. The Corvette Z06 with the Z07 pack and standard seven-speed manual transmission reaches 60 mph in 3.2 seconds and finishes the quarter-mile in 11.2 seconds. GM claims the Corvette Z06 has a 127-mph trap speed regardless of transmission.

Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by auhanson(m): 9:14am On Oct 04, 2014
Those acceleration claims put the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 among some impressive vehicles including the latest Porsche 911 Turbo S, Nissan GT-R, and discontinuedMercedes-Benz SLS AMG Black Series. The 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is powered by a supercharged 6.2-liter LT4 V-8 making an SAE-certified 650 hp and 650 lb-ft of torque.
Stopping from 60 mph takes just 99.6 feet with the Brembo carbon ceramic brake rotors. GM claims the Corvette Z06 pulls 1.2 g in lateral acceleration. That stopping distance is the best result of any production car tested by GM, while the lateral acceleration number bests the 1.13 g posted by the best Corvette previously tested. The new Corvette Z06 also beats the previous Corvette ZR1 around the automaker’s 2.9-mile Milford Road Course making it the fastest

Those handling numbers are due in part to the Magnetic Ride Control suspension and the Z07 package’s aggressive aerodynamics package, which gives the new Corvette Z06 the most downforce of any car GM has tested.
“The Corvette has long been known as America’s sports car,” said Mark Reuss, GM executive vice president of Global Product Development, in a release. “With the capability of the new Z06 rivaling the best performance cars in the world, we will also be America’s Supercar.”
With a base price of $78,995 for the coupe and a price of $83,995 for the convertible, the 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 is set to be a bargain-priced supercar. The coupe is scheduled to go on sale in early 2015, while the convertible will arrive in the second quarter.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1401_2015_chevrolet_corvette_z06_first_look/

Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by lezz(m): 11:09pm On Oct 05, 2014
Impressive specs. But i sincerely hope it wont be like the nissan gtr which was all alleleration but no spirit or real speed.
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by auhanson(m): 11:54am On Oct 07, 2014
lezz:
Impressive specs. But i sincerely hope it wont be like the nissan gtr which was all alleleration but no spirit or real speed.

Pls tell me something about the Nissan GTR. Can you throw more light on this?
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by lezz(m): 12:33pm On Oct 07, 2014
auhanson:

Pls tell me something about the Nissan GTR. Can you throw more light on this?
the Nissan GTR is a middle class super car that has great acceleration(could actually embarrass some ferraris on a straight line) but has mediocre performance in cornering and handling. Also engine recovery isnt top notch. Overall top speed isnt yet at the top class. My opinion.
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by auhanson(m): 1:20pm On Oct 07, 2014
lezz:
the Nissan GTR is a middle class super car that has great acceleration(could actually embarrass some ferraris on a straight line) but has mediocre performance in cornering and handling. Also engine recovery isnt top notch. Overall top speed isnt yet at the top class. My opinion.

Ok! i now get you as in not so good in handling and stamina as the then world best production car..Now let see wht the Corvette Z06 has to offer as a product from GM. I have not always been so keen about Nissan product, be it a super car or family sedan, suv's or otherwise. Sometimes wonders happen on wheels from the least expected manufacturers. For instance, you can imagine Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, that heavy box beating the likes of Alfa Romeo 4C, BMW i8, BMW M4, Ford Fiesta ST, Jaguar F-Type R Coupe, Nissan GT-R Nismo, Porsche 911 Turbo S, Subaru STI, and Volkswagen GTI. , ....and making it to no 1 on the list as the world best drivers car. It looks like the Americans are taking over this biz from the Germans.
I should like to open a thread on that pretty soon. So here is it:" https://www.nairaland.com/1937333/best-drivers-car-year#26941243"

1 Like

Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by lezz(m): 2:13pm On Oct 07, 2014
auhanson:

Ok! i now get you as in not so good in handling and stamina as the then world best production car..Now let see wht the Corvette Z06 has to offer as a product from GM. I have not always been so keen about Nissan product, be it a super car or family sedan, suv's or otherwise. Sometimes wonders happen on wheels from the least expected manufacturers. For instance, you can imagine Chevrolet Camaro Z/28, that heavy box beating the likes of Alfa Romeo 4C, BMW i8, BMW M4, Ford Fiesta ST, Jaguar F-Type R Coupe, Nissan GT-R Nismo, Porsche 911 Turbo S, Subaru STI, and Volkswagen GTI. , ....and making it to no 1 on the list as the world best drivers car. It looks like the Americans are taking over this biz from the Germans.
I should like to open a thread on that pretty soon. So watch out
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by icemann(m): 4:17pm On Oct 07, 2014
lezz:

Your are joking right?

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2011-nissan-gt-r-page-4
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0804_2009_nissan_gtr_handling_test/viewall.html

lezz:

What do you mean by engine recovery?
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by yungboss(m): 4:22pm On Oct 07, 2014
icemann:

Your are joking right?

my brother,i'm obviously shocked, too stunned to comment. The gtr that has a g force of 1.2, in comparison to the m5's 0.9.
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by icemann(m): 4:23pm On Oct 07, 2014
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by lezz(m): 9:26pm On Oct 07, 2014
icemann:

Your are joking right?

http://www.caranddriver.com/comparisons/2011-nissan-gt-r-page-4
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/coupes/112_0804_2009_nissan_gtr_handling_test/viewall.html

lol. I wasn't joking o. The Nissan GTR do not have the handling capabilities of its german and italian Rivals. That is a fact. Engine Recovery is a kind of stamina where cars can maintain super top speed for a very long stretch of time. And can switch between low to high speeds and between medium high speed to top speed in quick successions without much variations.
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 08, 2014
I wouldn't call ANY Vette the best production vehicle.
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
lezz:
lol. I wasn't joking o. The Nissan GTR do not have the handling capabilities of its german and italian Rivals. That is a fact. Engine Recovery is a kind of stamina where cars can maintain super top speed for a very long stretch of time. And can switch between low to high speeds and between medium high speed to top speed in quick successions without much variations.

In real life with you driving or on Playstation? Lol
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by lezz(m): 8:37pm On Oct 08, 2014
CityNG:

In real life with you driving or on Playstation? Lol
lol. Where and how can i have that kind opportunity. Na for reviews and games i dey take check dem out o
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by phazotron(m): 11:28pm On Nov 16, 2014
lezz:

you are a bloody ignorant liar! angry
lezz:

you are a bloody ignorant liar!
Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by lezz(m): 6:24am On Nov 17, 2014
phazotron:

you are a bloody ignorant liar! angry

you are a bloody ignorant liar!
could you state your opinion with a clear head not a bleeding heart ? That's why it's a forum, not a relationship/emotional blog for tears and emotions.
Now, pull yourself together and say what your problem is, so we can attend to you.
I had to check twice to confirm you aren't a female before I responded.

2 Likes

Re: World Best Production Car?2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 Hits 60 MPH in 2.95Seconds by Homguy(m): 12:03am On Nov 18, 2014
lezz:
could you state your opinion with a clear head not a bleeding heart ? That's why it's a forum, not a relationship/emotional blog for tears and emotions.
Now, pull yourself together and say what your problem is, so we can attend to you.
I had to check twice to confirm you aren't a female before I responded.
grin grin grin grin

(1) (Reply)

BLOODHOUND SSC Unveiled - The Car Set To Break World Land Speed Record / My 2006 Toyota Corolla Accelerates On It’s Own / What

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.