Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,723 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:57 PM

What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? (2860 Views)

Whose Comment Do You "Like" And "Quote" On Nairaland? / Seun, Please Help See To This "Quote" Issue / THE MEANING OF 10:10 Or 1010 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Oct 04, 2014
Please, Nairalanders, my friend just called me now and was asking me when I converted to Islam? I asked him... Me kwa? God forbid. He now told me of what he saw on my profile and it reads something like an Islamic text. I had to login in immediately, went to my profile and saw what he was talking about! Mr Seun, I need your attention immediately. Am not a muslim and will never be. Though I love my muslim friends, I can never propagate Islam not to talk of having it as a signature on my handle. I am a Christian to the core. I really need that text removed. Attached is a picture of the text am talking about.

1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Ekiseme(m): 2:46pm On Oct 04, 2014
No be small thing undecided
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by buskie13(m): 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2014
Wtf....like seriously they need to attend to u asap...the mods are busy moving other topics to FP...let them look into this
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ekiseme:
No be small thing undecided

Nna mehn.... No see bullshyt oo. Which kain promotion and advert be this one kwanu?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Seun(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
Did you indicate that you are a muslim within the last 24 hours?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Ekiseme(m): 3:05pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:

Nna mehn.... No see bullshyt oo. Which kain promotion and advert be this one kwanu?
odikwa egwu o

This one na by_force grin
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 04, 2014
Ekiseme:
odikwa egwu o

This one na by_force grin

hahahaha....you're funny.
Now lemme run and check my profile #takes off like Usain Bolt
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Vivly(f): 3:11pm On Oct 04, 2014
Na wa o.
Kilode?
Dem wan use Signature differentiate between Christians and Muslims?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 3:13pm On Oct 04, 2014
Seun:
Did you indicate that you are a muslim within the last 24 hours?

I never indicated am a Muslim ooo. But I viewed a Muslim thread on front page today. That should be the thread of "Islam whatsapp group and then Islam newbies on Nairaland".... I wanted to wish them happy holidays and happy Eid. But on second thoughts, I decided against that. I only got notified about this problem by a friend Nairalander.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by chibwike(m): 3:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Lol, na by force to be muslim?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Rapsainot(m): 3:16pm On Oct 04, 2014
*runs to check my profile* sighs!!!! AH , God save you seun.

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by moscobabs(m): 3:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
aye nse eee
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 04, 2014
And again Mr Seun, how right and justified is this move? Wouldnt it create a dichotomy between brothers and sisters on Nairaland and at the extreme, breed animosity? Imagine after viewing a beautiful comment by a Nairalander and I want to follow the person. On opening the persons profile to follow him, I will see "There is no god but God and stuffs like that and Mohammed is blah blah".... If I go ahead and follow that person, that means I share in principle his views and promote his cause because should I share his comments on Nairaland thenceforth, all my followers will also open his profile and see that thing. Again, how will it now look when Christians begin to agitate for their own too? And every Christian on Nairaland would now have their profile read "There is no allah but God and Christ is his Son and saviour of the world"! You see how animosity will come in? Unless we are now proselytizing on this website. In that case, I will shut my account and persuade my friends and business associates to close theirs too. It is this bad.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:
And again Mr Seun, how right and justified is this move? Wouldnt it create a dichotomy between brothers and sisters on Nairaland and at the extreme, breed animosity? Imagine after viewing a beautiful comment by a Nairalander and I want to follow the person. On opening the persons profile to follow him, I will see "There is no god but God and stuffs like that and Mohammed is blah blah".... If I go ahead and follow that person, that means I share in principle his views and promote his cause because should I share his comments on Nairaland thenceforth, all my followers will also open his profile and see that thing. Again, how will it now look when Christians begin to agitate for their own too? And every Christian on Nairaland would now have their profile read "There is no allah but God and Christ is his Son and saviour of the world"! You see how animosity will come in?

guy sharap it's just an error that will be rectified soon

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:
And again Mr Seun, how right and justified is this move? Wouldnt it create a dichotomy between brothers and sisters on Nairaland and at the extreme, breed animosity? Imagine after viewing a beautiful comment by a Nairalander and I want to follow the person. On opening the persons profile to follow him, I will see "There is no god but God and stuffs like that and Mohammed is blah blah".... If I go ahead and follow that person, that means I share in principle his views and promote his cause because should I share his comments on Nairaland thenceforth, all my followers will also open his profile and see that thing. Again, how will it now look when Christians begin to agitate for their own too? And every Christian on Nairaland would now have their profile read "There is no allah but God and Christ is his Son and saviour of the world"! You see how animosity will come in?

Your website and profile pics is exactly what you are describing now. I see no difference and i supposed that didn't stop Muslims from following you. I think just a simple "Religion status" will be ok not this! A "religious status" just like your "Location", You can choose to write whatever you want to write in it and if you don't write anything in it, it shouldn't appear.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Ishilove: 3:34pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:

Odiegwu cheesy cheesy
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by rezzy: 3:36pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yungwizzzy:

guy sharap it's just an error that will be rectified soon

Typical of them
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Rapsainot(m): 3:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:
And again Mr Seun, how right and justified is this move? Wouldnt it create a dichotomy between brothers and sisters on Nairaland and at the extreme, breed animosity? Imagine after viewing a beautiful comment by a Nairalander and I want to follow the person. On opening the persons profile to follow him, I will see "There is no god but God and stuffs like that and Mohammed is blah blah".... If I go ahead and follow that person, that means I share in principle his views and promote his cause because should I share his comments on Nairaland thenceforth, all my followers will also open his profile and see that thing. Again, how will it now look when Christians begin to agitate for their own too? And every Christian on Nairaland would now have their profile read "There is no allah but God and Christ is his Son and saviour of the world"! You see how animosity will come in? Unless we are now proselytizing on this website. In that case, I will shut my account and persuade my friends and business associates to close theirs too. It is this bad.

So?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 3:41pm On Oct 04, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Your website and profile pics is exactly what you are describing now. I see no difference and i supposed that didn't stop Muslims from following you.

Nooo.... That was my objective choice. I put it there by myself and am not forcing anybody to it. I have never been against people standing for what they believe in. But having that text on my profile put there by Nairaland is a subjective choice. Am against that. Mind you, I have lots of muslim and Hausa friends. Scroll through my comments and see if I have discriminated against any religion.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 3:44pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mr Seun, please remove that text for me and then close this thread. I wouldnt want people to come here and start bashing each other coz of religion. Please am begging.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:51pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:

Nooo.... That was my objective choice. I put it there by myself and am not forcing anybody to it. I have never been against people standing for what they believe in. But having that text on my profile put there by Nairaland is a subjective choice. Am against that. Mind you, I have lots of muslim and Hausa friends. Scroll through my comments and see if I have discriminated against any religion.

Yes you are right! We all know that is a mistake and would be rectified soon. Someone also complained of seeing a popup message asking if "You are a Muslim or not". Maybe you mistakenly click yes,That's why seun was once asking if you indicated you are a Muslim. Anyway, The religious stereotyping should be done in a more proper way not by a pop-up message. And it shouldn't be permanent like the one i see in your profile. People can change their beliefs anytime.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Oct 04, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Yes you are right! We all know that is a mistake and would be rectified soon. Someone also complained of seeing a popup message asking if "You are a Muslim or not". Maybe you mistakenly click yes,That's why seun was once asking if you indicated you are a Muslim. Anyway, The religious stereotyping should be done in a more proper way not by a pop-up message. And it shouldn't be permanent like the one i see in your profile. People can change their believe anytime.

Thank you brother for your mature understanding. Unlike one that has already told me "Sharap". By the way, I can become an Agnostic tomorrow. Its a free world and people's views change. Pending when I decide in myself and by myself to become a Muslim, I wouldnt want to be a promoter of one either by mistake or by force.

3 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Vikky014(f): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:
Please, Nairalanders, my friend just called me now and was asking me when I converted to Islam? I asked him... Me kwa? God forbid. He now told me of what he saw on my profile and it reads something like an Islamic text. I had to login in immediately, went to my profile and saw what he was talking about! Mr Seun, I need your attention immediately. Am not a muslim and will never be. Though I love my muslim friends, I can never propagate Islam not to talk of having it as a signature on my handle. I am a Christian to the core. I really need that text removed. Attached is a picture of the text am talking about.
lemme check mine o.dis mohammadians sha.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Seun(m): 6:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
exxell:
I never indicated am a Muslim ooo. But I viewed a Muslim thread on front page today. That should be the thread of "Islam whatsapp group and then Islam newbies on Nairaland".... I wanted to wish them happy holidays and happy Eid. But on second thoughts, I decided against that. I only got notified about this problem by a friend Nairalander.
So you did not click "yes" on a page that asked you whether you believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet?
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Superstar007(m): 6:15pm On Oct 04, 2014
Instead of doing this oga seun, simply create a text field where people can input their religious views and it would be displayed on their profile like the personal text. Facebook has it too.

Another thing is link on quoted posts, most people will click on the link thinking it will direct them to the profile of the individual. I think that should be displayed towards the end of the quoted post. And it should be implemented in such a way that if a post is too long it should have a "continue reading" link or something of that nature.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 6:22pm On Oct 04, 2014
Rapsainot:
*runs to check my profile* sighs!!!! AH , God save you seun.
hahahahahaha, you sure no be deh that pinsure?
well, @op. I wanted to do the same but i was asked if i was a muslim. Maybe you licked the "yes" key of the agreement and they baptized you with immediate effect.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 04, 2014
Seun:

So you did not click "yes" on a page that asked you whether you believe that there is no god/God but Allah and Muhammad is his prophet?

Honestly, that was the second thought I had and I didnt comment again. I was typing from my Iphone's opera and it can get a little tricky. I told you before that I wanted to wish them happy Eid and decided against that right? But when I initially clicked reply, a pop up came up but I did not know that there will be "implications". I honestly thought that because of the way people usually diss Islam (am not one of those who do that), they made a new rule and people will just say yes to that "pop up" and then post their comments. I thought its just a normal "reminder" to people just as one can see in every thread where there are different rules written in red. So after clicking on the pop up which I didnt take into much consideration, something struck me within and I decided not to comment on that thread again. But what I dont understand is that text coming to stay on my profile. Please, I want it removed. I acknowledge my mistake. But its an honest one. I don't see or know you as a proselyte. I have always known you for your neutral and objective views. I wouldnt want our friendship soured. You know you are my friend right? Coz av always stood up for this site even in stormy weathers.

2 Likes

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 04, 2014
Oh.... Mr Seun thank you. Am grateful. I was even beginning to think that there was a draconian laws in place right now on Nairaland. Honestly, I fell sick and had to leave work because of that stuff oo. I felt like I denied my master and that am a new Peter grin grin grin. But on a more serious note just answer me this question please. Does it mean I have to agree on that thing again before I comment on any Islam related thread? Please tell me on time. So that I will avoid any Mohammed/Islam/Moslem related thread on front page and wherever nowadays. Is that a new rule? I believe am speaking for other Nairalanders who are not Moslems.

Wow.... This happens to be my millenium comment on Nairaland. Thats actually cool. Does that mean I am a comment freak? grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by joywendy(f): 7:33pm On Oct 04, 2014
Yes, mr seun
Same thing here. Using a touch phone and it click it by mistake. pls let it be verifield. Sent mails to the mods and mails to the supermods nothing done. Pls let it be verifield. Thanks.

Seun seun seun
mukina2 mukina2 mukina2
maclatunji maclatunji maclatunji

please help me and remove it oh. Sent an email but no response and i decided to break the protocol and mention you people.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Isiterere(m): 12:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
I belief the caveat was rightly put and no compulsion in it.

It's a laudable stuff from seun
ALL IZZ WELL
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by joywendy(f): 12:20am On Oct 06, 2014
exxell:

Honestly, that was the second thought I had and I didnt comment again. I was typing from my Iphone's opera and it can get a little tricky. I told you before that I wanted to wish them happy Eid and decided against that right? But when I initially clicked reply, a pop up came up but I did not know that there will be "implications". I honestly thought that because of the way people usually diss Islam (am not one of those who do that), they made a new rule and people will just say yes to that "pop up" and then post their comments. I thought its just a normal "reminder" to people just as one can see in every thread where there are different rules written in red. So after clicking on the pop up which I didnt take into much consideration, something struck me within and I decided not to comment on that thread again. But what I dont understand is that text coming to stay on my profile. Please, I want it removed. I acknowledge my mistake. But its an honest one. I don't see or know you as a proselyte. I have always known you for your neutral and objective views. I wouldnt want our friendship soured. You know you are my friend right? Coz av always stood up for this site even in stormy weathers.

Please help me tell him oh almost the same thing happened here.Using a touch phone has well. Have been calling and mentioning his name and the mods to no avail. Pls help me beg.
This is one of the reasons I don't comment on religion section. If you are a christian prob,muslim problem,atheist problem,pagan problem etc I don't like to be identifield and labelled as any of the above. Seriously I go around trying to mind my business really if I had known I would have just kept my hands to myself when clicking the thread. It was a silly mistake on my part. But I'm sorry. I guess I would just send a personal msg than trying to comment.
Seun please just have mercy.
Re: What Is The Meaning Of This Quote On My Profile? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 06, 2014
I swear, nairaland na one chance, one small mistake and your life turns upside down.
To comot sef na problem.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Top 10 Deadliest Insects In The World ( Pictures) / aloib: New Member. About Me! / Mouse Attacks Snake To Save Friend (pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.