Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,223 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:11 AM

Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs (2609 Views)

Importing A Dog From South Africa Or The UK / The Argument For Eating Dog By John D. Sutter , CNN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by davidugotex(m): 6:18pm On Oct 04, 2014
London's Metropolitan Police have arrested a Nigerian man from Cross Rivers State for killing and eating his domestic dogs in line with a popular Efik custom that treats them as delicacies. In Cross Rivers State, dog meat is a very popular local dish known as 404 and Efiks regular kills dogs for their meat as they would say goats, chickens or cows. In the UK, however, killing dogs is illegal and is considered cruelty and a breach of the Animal Welfare Act 2006.
Earlier this week, the Nigerian man who is a PhD student and said to hail from Calabar, was arrested by Metropolitan police officers in his apartment, after his neighbours called them after seeing him beating a dog. Upon arrival, the police searched his apartment and found that he had frozen dog parts in his freezer. He was subsequently arrested and will be charged to court for animal cruelty, fighting with a dog, intentionally allowing a dog to suffer and mutilating an animal. If found guilty, the man could get a two year prison sentence.

Source: http://brainxpansion..com/2014/10/calabar-man-arrested-in-uk-for-eating.html

Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 7:10pm On Oct 04, 2014
grin grin grin
Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by swaystunna(m): 8:58pm On Oct 04, 2014
Mboo 404 don put dis guy for trouble oo tongue

2 Likes

Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 04, 2014
lols ....
Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by chucky234(m): 10:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
God catch am

1 Like

Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 21, 2014
I'm sure they will all have frozen chicken in their freezers... undecided. And arresting someone else for having frozen 404 in his freezer. #heightofhypocricy angry

1 Like

Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by MARKone(m): 8:16am On Oct 22, 2014
grin grin

Dem dey tell am to vomit am, Abi no be d guy dey for the picture
Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 9:26am On Oct 28, 2014
Am sooooooo happy to see and read this
2yrs is too small for such cruelty

May that guy suffer big time in prison
Idiot!
Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 2:16pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sagamite:

What cruelty?

For eating his dog?

For brutally killing and eating his dog : one
And for doing it knowing fully well he's in a civilised country (no offence) : two
And for being wicked enough to do that to a helpless creature:finally
Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by kilokeys(m): 2:42pm On Oct 29, 2014
if he killed a chicken,, would it have been a crime?
an animal is an animal
and both are domesticated
why cant man's best friend be his best food?

just open minded sha..

ill never kill a dog, or a bird
but might not resist eating the latter in a bowl of peppersoup

1 Like

Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 2:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sagamite:

Are you against the eating and saying he should be jailed for eating a dog?

It is uncivilised to eat a dog?

Yes it is to me cry
Its not fair on man's best friend angry
Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sagamite:

So he should be jailed because of your emotional imbalances that objects to him eating meat? grin grin grin

He has to be jailed because you object to the meat he eats?
undecided why are u on my case sagamite

Yes becos of my emotions for the dog and my mind is allowed to be expressed! angry

Free moi biko! lipsrsealed
Re: Calabar Man Arrested In The UK For Eating His Dogs by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 29, 2014
Sagamite:

I am on your case because you do not respect other people's human rights. angry

And you apparently have no appreciation for the taste of good meat. grin

Ah! shocked lipsrsealed
U break my heart cry

(1) (Reply)

My Black Boerboel / I Was Bitten By A Lhasa Apso By Mistake. Help! / The Saint Benard's Family

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.