Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,163 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:13 AM

Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. - Properties (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. (58735 Views)

Cost Of Borehole In Different Areas / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Okota, Lagos / Cost Of Borehole Drilling In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by okitejoseph: 3:02pm On May 21, 2016
Water Testing and treatment should be one of the first things any government should do before pushing out these water to the people, water means life...... http://www.prestnaija.com/water-test-test-carried-laboratory/
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Qualer: 12:00pm On May 22, 2016
Ibinwanne:
olivewellnigeria@yahoo.com. 08099405096.

Would like to know the average cost of borehole with water treatment, thanks
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by pacino26(m): 1:13pm On May 22, 2016
Atb good to see you're moving things up. Noticed you received some comments on costing. My advise in that aspect is you build a spreadsheet from geophysical, drilling, sample testing, depths in relation to submersible pump rating, well casing and ultimately treatment plant. Bulk of your customers are in Lagos so this will give them a glance at the cost implication with a miscellaneous column tied to project specifics.

Get it done and place it at the beginning of the thread.

Once again as a TS upright man smooth trip in your buska towards greatness.

Atb
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:12pm On May 25, 2016
Qualer:

Would like to know the average cost of borehole with water treatment, thanks
Give me the location of the proposed project. That will help me in determining few things so as to come up with a competitive price. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:23pm On May 25, 2016
manmidtexy:

Thanks for this useful post. Will gie you a call when ready soon.... How much will it cost in Iwo road area of Ibadan ?
First, a geophysical survey for a suitable ground water will have to carried out to determine the depth and otherwise of the fresh water aquifer, before actually discussing the project cost. Thanking you in anticipation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:37pm On May 25, 2016
Well development.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Qualer: 1:41am On May 26, 2016
Ibinwanne:
Give me the location of the proposed project. That will help me in determining few things so as to come up with a competitive price. Thanks a lot.

sparklight estate (after berger)
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 2:17pm On May 26, 2016
Qualer:

sparklight estate (after berger)
Thanks for getting back to me. The price range is a little above #100,000. Let's discuss it fully when you're ready because of the challenge of exchange rate and few other factors that may effect the project cost. More over, I will need to go to the site to inspect few things when the time comes. Thanks a million.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:12pm On May 26, 2016
Borehole project at Forthright estate, behind Punch newspaper, Ibafo. Lagos-Ibadan expressway.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by kopell: 3:14am On May 28, 2016
can you check your email pls.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Rexology: 4:27pm On May 28, 2016
Ibinwanne:
My name is uche oliver, I am a geologist. I work for OLIVE WELL NIGERIA LIMITED, the company is involved in borehole drilling, water treatment, geo-physical survey, soil test analysis, water reticulation, installation of over-head tanks, project management, environmental impact assessment, project quality auditing, etc.You can contact me through the following numbers 08036745944, 08099405096, 08084019485 or e-mail:olivewellnigeria@yahoo.com, bb-pin:7f7a69d7. Let me start with borehole drilling. In carrying out borehole drilling projects, there are certain tricks being played by quacks in other to cheat clients out of their money and the essence of this is for you to avoid such tricks. Before I go on, I advice every prospective client to entrust a geologist with his borehole project. The quacks will always tell you such things like, oga water dey very far from here, we need to drill up to 120 fts before we can get good water. The truth is that they are being economical with the facts and at the same time ready to compromise project materials quality, it is important for the client to be aware that we have different borehole types, depending on your water need and affordability. We have scientific modeled shallow borehole, direct shallow borehole and industrial(deepwell) borehole. Each one of these borehole types is designed to serve a particular purpose different from the other. In carrying out a drilling project, whether in the basement complex or sedimentary terrain, certain factors like underground water contaminants, depth of the fresh water aquifer, productivity of the well, septic contamination, mineralogical composition of the project site, salinity, etc, should be taken into consideration. At this point, a geo-physical survey is highly recommended. Geo-physical survey is a scientific method of acquiring geological and hydro-geological features of the earth through some standard recommendations and adopted applications. The acquisition of geomorphorlogical and hydrological data helps both the client and the geologist to make a better judgement.
SCIENTIFIC MODELED SHALLOW BOREHOLE: This borehole type is specifically designed for challenging environments like lekki, ajah, apapa, victoria island, ikoyi, satellite town, sangotedo, lagos island, etc. It is scientifically modeled taking into consideration the challenges of underground water contamination in such areas, it is saline free, odour free, bacteria free, particles free. It is efficiently productive, antiseptic assured, neater, safer, sustainability assured and extensively durable. It is basically designed for private or domestic use.
Weldone! Uche, please I would want to know how much it will cost me to drill 90m borehole as recommended by a Surveyor.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:44pm On May 28, 2016
Rexology:

Weldone! Uche, please I would want to know how much it will cost me to drill 90m borehole as recommended by a Surveyor.
Give me the project location, equally let me know if you're providing any material at all. I will equally want to know if the geophysical survey was carried out by a Geophysicist. Finally, find out if there is any possibility of settling some local people or task force before one can commence borehole drilling. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Rexology: 12:34am On May 29, 2016
Ibinwanne:
Give me the project location, equally let me know if you're providing any material at all. I will equally want to know if the geophysical survey was carried out by a Geophysicist. Finally, find out if there is any possibility of settling some local people or task force before one can commence borehole drilling. Thanks a lot.
The project location is Makurdi Benue State.
I will not provide any material.
Yes the geophysical survey was done by a Geophysicist.
There is nobody or group to settle before commencement.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by kopell: 12:47am On May 29, 2016
Ibinwanne:
are you serious about this settlement with borehole again! For God-sake, how do we get to this level of impunity that results in lawlessness in every aspect of our life?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by butterflex: 1:13am On May 29, 2016
Please kindly advice the likely cost of fitting a water treatment tank.

Regards
Goodness
goodness.obayangbon@outlook.com
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:01am On Jun 01, 2016
butterflex:
Please kindly advice the likely cost of fitting a water treatment tank.

Regards
Goodness
goodness.obayangbon@outlook.com
Thanks a lot for your interest in our organization, we sincerely appreciate it. Kindly give me the location of the project site. Help me to test the raw water in your mouth to find out if it has any saline content. Equally know that the complete package comes with two tanks of which the seize is determined by the capacity of the house. Regards.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:05am On Jun 01, 2016
kopell:
are you serious about this settlement with borehole again! For God-sake, how do we get to this level of impunity that results in lawlessness in every aspect of our life?
My brother, sometimes they beat up my workers mercilessly, confiscate our equipment and even materials. Is really very unfortunate.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:12am On Jun 01, 2016
Rexology:

The project location is Makurdi Benue State.
I will not provide any material.
Yes the geophysical survey was done by a Geophysicist.
There is nobody or group to settle before commencement.
Thanks a lot. Kindly send me a text message, e-mail or call me so that we can discuss it. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 9:54am On Jun 21, 2016
Completed water treatment plant with UV. Light, beside sunrise flour mill, along Enugu-Abakaliki Expressway, opposite Capital oil depot, Emene, Enugu state.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:36pm On Jun 25, 2016
Completed borehole project at Nitel junior staff quarters, satellite town, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 1:51pm On Jul 13, 2016
Completed borehole project at Chevron Drive, By Chevron Bus-Stop, Lekki, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:43am On Jul 16, 2016
Completed borehole project at Akinola Street, Ikosi-Ketu, Lagos.

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by FastShipping: 3:37pm On Jul 16, 2016
What is your take about sinking a borehole in Abeokuta where there is large rock deposit? In this particular neighborhood, they hardly get to water even at 290-300 feet. In the neighborhood where they got water at over 300 feet, the boreholes are getting dry and pumping machines are getting burnt all the time. Of recent, a borehole that was dug in March just got condemned. Just for immediate use, I was able to get three well dug at my site and the water is good but I still want borehole. I have engaged three different geophysicist. One got water at three different locations but said the water not enough even at over 300 feet. The second one advised that we should not dig borehole. The third one said he got two water points in which one of the two point had more than enough water at 314 feet.

This makes me ask: what are the problems associated with boreholes in Abeokuta? Can one guarantee that there won't be problem sinking a borehole in an area where other boreholes have been abandoned for lack of water even at 300+ feet?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2016
FastShipping:
What is your take about sinking a borehole in Abeokuta where there is large rock deposit? In this particular neighborhood, they hardly get to water even at 290-300 feet. In the neighborhood where they got water at over 300 feet, the boreholes are getting dry and pumping machines are getting burnt all the time. Of recent, a borehole that was dug in March just got condemned. Just for immediate use, I was able to get three well dug at my site and the water is good but I still want borehole. I have engaged three different geophysicist. One got water at three different locations but said the water not enough even at over 300 feet. The second one advised that we should not dig borehole. The third one said he got two water points in which one of the two point had more than enough water at 314 feet.

This makes me ask: what are the problems associated with boreholes in Abeokuta? Can one guarantee that there won't be problem sinking a borehole in an area where other boreholes have been abandoned for lack of water even at 300+ feet?
Thanks a lot for your questions, it is very much possible to get water in Abeokuta and its environs, the rock formations does not mean there is no water in the ground,it simply means you may need to do more to get to the productive fresh water aquifer, as a matter of fact there are functional boreholes in Abeokuta. Why I am really worried now is that according to you, about Three sets of Geophysicists have carried out geophysical survey in that location and each came up with a different report. Well, I don't really know the methods they used or the type of equipment they used, but one thing that is common in this field is people deceiving clients by giving them an already made report, I will advice you to go through those reports one after the other especially the last page which should have recommendations and advice, try and find out if they indicated anything like low yield there. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by danowena: 12:18pm On Jul 19, 2016
Ibinwanne:
Automatic water treatment plant fully designed and installed by Olive Well Nigeria Limited at Realty estate, Addo road, Ajah, Lagos.

Dear Ibi,

I have a few questions.

1. Please what is that white container used for. Is dat what makes it automatic?

2. What differentiates the automatic plant from the normal plant?

3. Why are there three surface pumps? Was a submersible pump used in this treatment plant?

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 4:23am On Jul 22, 2016
danowena:

Dear Ibi,

I have a few questions.

1. Please what is that white container used for. Is dat what makes it automatic?

2. What differentiates the automatic plant from the normal plant?

3. Why are there three surface pumps? Was a submersible pump used in this treatment plant?

Thanks a lot, the white container there is a chemical tank, although that one is a small one, we have much bigger ones for bigger treatment plants, the chemical tank contains some of the chemicals used in the water treatment. The major difference between the automatic and manual is that the automatic water treatment plant mixes the chemicals and injects it into the raw water tank without any help from anyone, whereas the manual type requires you to be adding the chemicals yourself into the raw water tank. A submersible pump has nothing to do with the treatment plant, the only job it does is to pump borehole water into the sedimentation tank, the three surface pumps there pumps water from the treated water tank to the different distribution tanks in the building. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by ice4u999(m): 5:10am On Jul 22, 2016
Ibinwanne:
Thanks a lot, the white container there is a chemical tank, although that one is a small one, we have much bigger ones for bigger treatment plants, the chemical tank contains some of the chemicals used in the water treatment. The major difference between the automatic and manual is that the automatic water treatment plant mixes the chemicals and injects it into the raw water tank without any help from anyone, whereas the manual type requires you to be adding the chemicals yourself into the raw water tank. A submersible pump has nothing to do with the treatment plant, the only job it does is to pump borehole water into the sedimentation tank, the three surface pumps there pumps water from the treated water tank to the different distribution tanks in the building. Thanks a lot.

If don't mine telling, what is the name of the chemical used in this water treatment process?
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by danowena: 12:26pm On Jul 22, 2016
Ibinwanne:

Makes sense now. We learn new things with time. Why does one of the pump have a red container on top and the other two do not?

So please tell me, what is the difference in cost between the manual and automatic treatment plant (estimated for an area like ajah).
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 2:59pm On Jul 22, 2016
danowena:

Makes sense now. We learn new things with time. Why does one of the pump have a red container on top and the other two do not?

So please tell me, what is the difference in cost between the manual and automatic treatment plant (estimated for an area like ajah).
The red thing you referred to helps the pump to boast its pressure when it is pumping, it generally helps to regulate the water pressure, we used it on that particular pump because of the distance between the treated water tank and the distribution tank and again because of the fact that it is a hotel, they really require water there. As per the price, we can always discuss that on phone or by e-mail. Thanking in anticipation.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 3:06pm On Jul 22, 2016
ice4u999:

If don't mine telling, what is the name of the chemical used in this water treatment process?
There are so many chemicals used in water treatment, but in terms of the ones in the chemical tank, it depends on the laboratory analysis report of the borehole water, but despite the report, chlorine is one of the chemicals expected to be in that tank. Thanks a lot.
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by danowena: 9:38pm On Jul 23, 2016
Ibinwanne:
The red thing you referred to helps the pump to boast its pressure when it is pumping, it generally helps to regulate the water pressure, we used it on that particular pump because of the distance between the treated water tank and the distribution tank and again because of the fact that it is a hotel, they really require water there. As per the price, we can always discuss that on phone or by e-mail. Thanking in anticipation.
Thanks..
Re: Hidden Secrets Of Borehole Drilling, Geo-physical Survey, Water Treatment Etc. by Ibinwanne(m): 3:06am On Aug 24, 2016
Geophysical survey for suitable underground water at boys hostel, Federal Government College, Independence Layout, Enugu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Meet Said Jammal, The Owner Of The Aeroplane House In Abuja / Funny Picture: House With Over 15 Satellite Dishes / Marlians Not Allowed In My House, Landlord Issues Warning To Tenants - More

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.