Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,429 members, 7,954,681 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:04 AM

Alias X : Fugitive (a Blackwatch Story) - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Alias X : Fugitive (a Blackwatch Story) (567 Views)

Author Of The Fugitive Offender: The Story Of A Political Prisoner Has Passed On (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Alias X : Fugitive (a Blackwatch Story) by Nobody: 12:21am On Oct 05, 2014
SPOILER ALLERT - I'm back on nairaland to write a story and its a Spy thriller one.,i hope everybody enjoys it. Don't forget to drop comments. They are food to a writer.

QUICK DISCLAIMER - None of the events of the story have real basis as this is a work of fiction.

COPYRIGHT- @2014. This story must not be published in another way except with permission.

Chapter 1

A Suprising Birthday party

The party is in full swing and the decorations border
on the tacky side this Christmas.

Tunde usually had an uptight schedule but today a co-worker of his - Dominic was having s birthday bash here at the Vic and it had fun written over it.

"...why don't we wager on who is going to win the premier league, i've been having some pretty bad luck and things i don't want to happen do happen" said Chief Bumi, his golden chain dazzled on his neck beneath his well groomed gray beard as he spoke along his friends who were very important people.

"The Blues are so good this season, i could stake a dozen million on them" replied one of his friends who wore an ijebu cap.

"That's what i'm saying, i support the blues too but i have bad luck and the opposite always happens to me, so this year's for the gunners" said Chief bumi.

"Hah, if the gunners win the league then i bet i could grow something in the desert" said the man with the cap before taking it off, revealing a head totally devoid of hair. Everyone laughed even chief bumi couldn't resist.

Tunde gulped down his sixth glass of the vodka before placing it on a tray carried by a waiter who was passing. The waiter instantly generated an irritated expression on his face as his load was slightly increased. Brahimo left a clique of ladies wearing gowns and joined him as he learned against one of the pillars in the gallery.

"Ah...Tunde, so nice to see you this year."

"Yes well usually I would be gone or just not
here...you always find some fun in these occasions, Brahimo?"

"Well, you wouldn't want to miss Dominic's party for anything, eh?".

The Disc jockey played some music for a few minutes as the celebrant climbed the platform and almost everybody sang the happy birthday song to tune with the music being played.

Dominic is about 5 foot 10 with silver hair and a
muscular frame. He has a bit of a thickness in the
middle enjoyment of good
meals. The man has an easy smile that lends to his
harmless and dashing appearance. He fidgeted on the bow-tie of his designers tuxedo before speaking in front of the five storied cake with a knife and a flare sticked in.

"At this junction, i would like to invite someone special, Miss Kim Heller is welcome to join me".

Brahimo was telling him a few things but now his voice drops off as he stares across the room.
Tunde follows his eyes as he takes in a vision of an inamorata in a
deep red evening gown.

"Age touches that woman lightly, eh Tunde?"

Tunde soaks in the contrast of pale ivory skin and
deep red velvet gown that dusts the floor and clings
to her body. The v-neck plunges to the centre of her
chest and down her back showing far more skin than
her normal professional suits.

Kim presented her forehand to Dominic who kisses it in a gentlemanly manner before sliding a ring into one of her elegant fingers. Some people clapped, they were engaged. Tunde's heart skipped a beat, a lot had changed during the time he was away. They brought their hands and pulled it on the cake evoking a louder round of applause.

"Make a wish, Dominic!" said Brahimo loudly. Maybe it was pride and egotism. Dominic chosed to break protocol and say it out loudly.

"I wish for a successful and happy future married life". He then blew the flare he had lit out, everybody cheered except for Tunde who was momentarily dazed. He caught a glimpse of Kim's charming face shying away from the eyes of the crowd.

She used to be his aficionada before he had left for the staff training in the United states and China for not more than eight months. He had changed phone lines and couldn't make much contact with her except a streak of letters that stopped coming.

"Don't take it hard on yourself, man" said Brahimo noticing the look and giving him a pat on the back.

"Looks like Dominic beat you to the jackpot this time".

He remembered their romantic escapades and had pulled all the tricks in the bag to impress her. Kim was a nigerian citizen by birth, her mother was a national who married a foreigner. She had smooth and fair half-caste skin that a lot of other women would kill for. Her brown hair stretched over her shoulders touching her back. She was in her early thirties like Tunde and younger than Dominic.

Tunde didn't get it, why did she chose Dominic and not even Brahimo. Dominic was actually more classy and wealthy but Tunde had a bad past with him.

Tunde couldn't forget those days back at Lumen Christi secondary school in the boarding house. They were young then and Dominic was his senior, seniors were never kind to juniors. He remebered how Dominic and his gang rid him of his provisions, left funny faces on his books, made him open a door drawn on the board as punishment. Some years later they now worked at the same organisation with Dominic still his senior.

Tunde's stomach rumbled, he felt like throwing up. His drinking was out to haunt him.

"Tunde are you feeling alright?" asked Brahimo.

"Not sure...I am going to step outside for a bit."
Tunde walks purposely across the middle of the dance
floor with his eyes on Kim until he passes her and walks
out on to the balcony. There is a couple braving the
cold December temperatures to have a smoke but they
hurry in when they look at the intense look on Tunde
features.

Tunde puts his hands on the cold stone railing as he
looks out over Lagos. He breathes in deep the cold
air as he feels the sting in his lungs and the cooling
of the sweat on his brow and neck.

Tunde hears the door open behind him but he stares
out into the crisp night sky rather that acknowledge
the intruder.

"You might catch cold if you stay out here for too long".
Tunde closes his eyes and swallows when he hears her
voice. He turns his head to look at her as she moves
to his right side.

"I saw you charge out here...you did not look well. We
have not had a while to talk"
Kim is staring at him but he can see she is getting cold.
Instinctively he removes his suit jacket and places it
on her bare shoulders, his hands lingering there not
moving for a moment as the familiar green and red
above the exit catches his eye.

"No...and you should not be out here in the cold
dressed like that. I hear congratulations are in
order...did your man see you disappear to chase me
down out here?"

"No...he needed to make a call and visit the gents and
what's wrong with my dress?"

"Nothing other than there is too little of it?"
Kim frowns looking confused. "Out with it Tunde...What's
wrong and since when do you care what I wear?"
"I have always cared Kim".

"About what I wear?"
Kim looks up at him confused and Tunde wipes a hand
over his face in exasperation.
"About everything to do with you."

Tunde grasps her arm and moves them to the entrance
way more to escape the wind than to maneuver them
under the big christmas tree but they are there.
"Are you feeling unwell because of drink?"

"Mayb...Six is not that much, it has to be something else."
"Still the same you"

Kim's hand rests on his forehead as she would do for a
child with a fever. Tunde has always seemed more like
a friend to her than a lover even though he would think otherwise...he has a blasted skill at
worming his way into her good graces.

"I was too hot in there...I needed the air. Why are you
out here?"

"I saw you tear out here and the song ended so I
came to check to see if you were alright."
Tunde sees her begin to shiver and he places his
hands on her shoulders rubbing them up and down to
warm her.
"Thought you didn't care no more"

Tunde is staring down at her crooked smile, so small
and cute in his much too large jacket. She looks up at
him just about to make a snide remark he's sure and
he leans down and kisses her on the lips.
It's not just a peck...its a real kiss. Kim instinctively
tries to pull away but Tunde has a grip on her
shoulders. She's shocked even more so when he
attempts to seek entrance to her mouth with his
tongue.

Kim rings her hand up to his chest and pushes him
away looking flustered and a little angry for his
presumption.
Tunde smirks down at her and points up at the
Christmas tree "Merry Christmas K

Tundeguides her inside and she hands him back his
dark blue jacket. He puts it on and grasps her small
hand in his and takes her out to the dance floor.
"Would you share at least one last dance, i wouldn't need any more story from you."

"I'm engaged now and you kissed me and now you want a dance"
"I hope your sons and daughters look more like you" said Tunde sarcastically before batting an eyelid at Dominic who was still on the phone.
"Could you possibly be more full of yourself?"
"No...but I could be anything you want me to be
tonight Kim. I have never seen a more attractive woman
in my life."
"I don't know what you saw in the US that makes you tick"
"Nothing...in fact i had so many sweet dreams about you"
"Tunde...cut the act."

"I couldn't take my eyes off me and you know it's true
because you saw me watching you from across the
dance floor and noticed when I took to the balcony."
"So why glare at me all night...there are a lot of
attractive singleā€¦"
"Kim..none hold a candle to you tonight. It is as if I am
truly seeing you for the first time."

The music of Davido's Gobe blared out in full force. Kim and Dominic showed off their moves. Other couples took to the floor joining them.

"Want to dance with me?" asked Brahimo mimicking Kim's voice, Tunde simply laughed.

(1) (Reply)

A Secret I'll Never Tell / Love In A Portrait / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.