Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,654 members, 7,809,479 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:17 AM

Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! (7907 Views)

Developing Desktop Application Using Actionscript / Where Are The Actionscript Gurus In The House / Looking For Help With Actionscript In Flash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2008
i like to just disregard the timeline and code it all  - motion and interaction. outcomes more like natural,  watcha think
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by A40(m): 3:03am On Nov 09, 2008
I have tried Actionscript coding its pretty difficult especially when you don't get the response you want
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 1:46pm On Nov 09, 2008
x
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by A40(m): 4:42pm On Nov 09, 2008
No i have taken a break from it school wahala and all and besides that i am also doing more of Database Administration and i wouldn't want to combine too many things at once i wouldn't mind going back later though
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 12:15am On Nov 10, 2008
aiight man, so who out theres into AS3- , drop a line - need help wif ur codes?, beginner? interm'diate? pro?
feel free
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by quadrillio(m): 4:05pm On Nov 14, 2008
I need the code to close my flash app.

thanks in advance
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2008
hi quadrillio,

to close the app, assuming a button has to be clicked to do that:

close_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, closeApp);

function closeApp(event:MouseEvent)
{
fscommand("quit"wink;
}

hope it helps, its really easy
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by quadrillio(m): 10:00am On Nov 17, 2008
I know it's easy, but its always better to start like that.

the next is a music player for a group of people,

depending on who you select it will play its favourite music?

I really need this

thank once again
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 17, 2008
aiight quadrillio, glad that was easy,

i've done something similar , worked prefectly well

u didnt post details of the music player and how far u've gone wif flashCS3 - As3

so i'll be assuming a lot of things - including - u have made the music player working already - but need to add a library users can choose and play songs from -

all u need is an xml file, a folder containing the songs, a datagrid component in addition to what u have
basically it works like this -

u create an xml file that describes the songs titles, artist info and url or direction to folder they are contained in.
add a datagrid with a dataprovider that points to and draws from the xml file.
afterwhich u add a ListEvent that triggers playing a song when any cell containing respective song info on the datagrid is clicked

its all summary, hope it helps
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by efeboy(m): 9:13pm On Nov 17, 2008
micha3l, it seems you are a saviour.

man, i a beginner. However my desire for flash is a burning one. My desire for actionscript is even worse. I beginning to love actionscript that I am thinking I might forget other programming languages for it.

I have been making research on the internet extensively. Right now as I am posting this reply, I am researching about actionscript on www.flashkit.com.

what I really need is guide. I would appreciate it greatly if you guide me through. If i learn that thing called actionscript, I would speak it, sleep it, drink it, eat it, write about it but i would not worship it.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by efeboy(m): 9:24pm On Nov 17, 2008
micha3l,

I want to create a button that will call a movieclip from the library and let the movieclip play at a specified area in the stage.

please, how do i go about that?
---------------------------------------------------------------

this is another different code i used for a movieclip to play another movieclip

invis1_mc.onRollOver = function()

{

home_mc.gotoAndPlay("3"wink

}

is the code wrong
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2008
hi efeboy, glad to have u here - im not a savior o, i just feel AS is a powerful tool - makes things move n i luv d@

to ur question - code u have there is probably for older versions of actionscript - things really changed with Actionscript3, syntaxes and all.
ok so if i want to do d@:

i'll create the button onstage - draw a box - press f8 - type the name u want, say show_btn - click on the button option - click on export for actionscript then ok ok yes ok ok. Then instance name - showBtn at the properties section of the screen - look 4 d@

so u have ur button on stage - assuming the name of the movie in the library is er myBox. note: the clip doesnt need to be onstage - just the library
the script goes like this:

import flash.events.MouseEvent

var box:myBox = new myBox();

box.x = 200; //any position
box.y = 200;
addChild(box);
box.visible = false;

showBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, showNow);

function showNow(event:MouseEvent)
{
box.visible = true;
box.x = 400; really desired position
box.y = 300;
}

thats it, njoi
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by efeboy(m): 1:24am On Nov 21, 2008
thanks micha3l,

I am sorry, I should have informed you that I am presently learning with flash 8.

However, will that actionscript 3 code work with flash 8 or is it for only the higher version of flash software ?

I would try to upgraded myself to actionscript 3, but i thought starting from actionscript 2 would help me. What do you

think?

Please don't be annoyed if i chip in 'actionsript 2 posts' inside this thread. I am only a beginner and a learner.

I would appreciate it greatly, if you help me with AS 2 code problems.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 11:05am On Nov 21, 2008
@ efeboy,

pity learning as2 isnt a prerequiste for as3 at all - and flashCS4 is in stores already - which makes flash8 2versions behind -

glad they stuck to AS3 though.

@visitors

w'sup yall, lets spice up the floor
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by efeboy(m): 10:54pm On Nov 22, 2008
@micha3l

i would like to know what you have done with actionscript 3 so far?

You seem so confident about it. Do you mean if you have a large project you would leave the timeline completely?

many other people are keeping silent about it. It seems many in Naija have not fully absorbed it. What do you say?

I seriously wish i was already into AS 3.0.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 24, 2008
@ efeboy

thanks for keeping the room alive,
well really it depends on what project ur working at -
and how best to achieve results putting file size, user interaction , user experience etc into consideration.
The more complex it gets - the more the need for the scripts - especially when audio, external data etc come in
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 12:46pm On Nov 24, 2008
so yes, its is very possible to ignore the timeline completely
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by KalEl1: 6:53am On Nov 25, 2008
so yes, its is very possible to ignore the timeline completely

this is only possible when u use movie clips. and even then, each movie clip has its own timeline.
well i guess when u say "the timeline" ur referring to the main timeline. if not, ITS NOT POSSIBLE TO IGNORE THE TIMELINE COMPLETELY!
unless there are no animated objects in ur project.
but wait a sec. . even if there are no animated objects, its still impossible to "ignore the timeline COMPLETELY".
unless ur content with putting a bunch of stuff on the same stage of the same frame of the same layer! shocked cheesy or u just want to draw a vector and export it. grin
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 25, 2008
@ Kal El

thanks for joining , its gud 2 have u here,

there are ways to animate, u can use the time lines, and then u can use the scripts,
if u use the scripts and then OOP (object oriented programming) with inheritance,
my friend - u just put the final class name as document class and publish the swf file ,

rlly there are no impossibilities, u can create a bird and make it fly - with the scripts - u can 'cos i have
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 11:57am On Nov 25, 2008
so yes, u can choose to ingore the timeline completely
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 12:09pm On Nov 25, 2008
threads growing hot and interesting people, thanks, lets burn it more cheesy
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by KalEl1: 8:12am On Nov 26, 2008
you dont get it do you?
whether you are animating or not, "ignoring the timeline COMPLETELY" means, like i said before, putting a bunch of stuff on the same stage of the same frame of the same layer!

unless you are designing an IV for a primary school student, then that doesn't cut it!
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 26, 2008
@ Kal El

nobody's talking bout primary school IVs here,
u think its impossible,  i know it is possible - i don't even need to put anything on stage at all - thats why i was talking bout the 'document class'  - which is a tip i hope u deserve

we don't even begin to talk about impossiblities at this stage,  u need to know how powerful Flash AS3 is

lol, i rlly hope this ends this, we r supposed to be njoin this
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Elgaxton(m): 3:56pm On Nov 27, 2008
Hi all, You need a good actionscript book to do ur actionscript, dowload with the link below,

I wish you all the best, Actionscript rocks

http://ebook.icefile.org/index.php?page=main&id=422ff2230&name=0764577689.rar
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by ScanLess: 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2008
ur ebook link aint working
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 5:11pm On Nov 28, 2008
@ Elgaxton @ Scanless

thanks for joining the thread , 4 sure AS rocks, cant wait to read more from yall
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 11:48pm On Nov 28, 2008
YES, it is possible to ignore AS3 timeline!

Don't believe me! Then check out existing NO TIMELINE/non Flash IDE/No Design View panel alternative Flash AS3 editor software at below link:

http://www.flashdevelop.org/

What is flashdevelop software? It is Free downloaded software replacing COSTLY Flash CS3.

FlashDevelop is a .NET open source script editor designed mostly for Actionscript 2/3 development. FlashDevelop can be used as an external editor for the Flash IDE or as a complete open source development environment.

• AS3 Project management with seamless and optimized Flex SDK integration
• AS2 Project management with seamless SWFMILL and MTASC integration (using a portable standalone command line tool)
• Advanced Actionscript completion & exploration with automatic classpath detection (even without project)
• MTASC code checking with clickable error results
• Integrated SWF player and socket logger

Other Features

• Types Explorer
• Automatically cleans ASO files of modified AS2 classes
• Files explorer (can create Flash 8 Trust Files for you)
• Automatic JavaDoc creation from methods
• Smart Actionscript help websearch on F1
• Jump to class/member declaration on F4
• Test movie in Flash IDE
• XML, HTML/PHP, JS, CSS code highlighting,
• Multibyte character encoding
• Program menu customization with XML files
• as2api GUI for documentation generation
• Snippets
• Lines bookmarks
• Code folding
• Zoom

This software is GREAT for FLASH DEVELOPERS who HATE TIMELINE!

Flashdevelop tutorial:

www.bit-101.com/blog/?p=849
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 11:53pm On Nov 28, 2008
Here is Adobe Developer Connection - Flash Developer Center where you can learn to get started with Flash CS3/CS4 including many samples files to learn new AS3 coding/development at below link:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/

More wonderful Flash CS3 video tutorials links for you to learn at below link:

http://www.video-animation.com/flashcs3_001.shtml
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 12:04am On Nov 29, 2008
I use Flash CS3 built-in slideshow to build a Flash slideshow banner AD for my client's forum site dynamically. It loads external files with preloader: FLV, mp3, and pictures displaying on Flash slideshow banner AD.(39 files running with play-pause button inside .swf file)

Then it converted from .swf to .mpeg for youtube video per client request. It works! My client is happy. My client does not want this Flash slideshow banner Ad link displaying on NL fashion section as i respected my client's wish.

I will add another my hosting subdomain (demo.mydomain.com) to display demo Flash Slideshow banner AD i created separately from my client's existing site coming soon.
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by Nobody: 8:45am On Dec 01, 2008
@ uspry1

u know when u look at the business side of Design and Development, u want to just take the easy way out and buy the already made solutions, saves time - u dont get the sleepless nights coding - and the client pays anywaz, lol

but then u give the away custom look u would have created making it ,

wha do u think?

Thanks for the links, supacool
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 11:52am On Dec 01, 2008
@michal3l

I don't buy commercial Flash components as well as commercial pre-made Flash files that are created by someone else (Flash developers to sell) for me to create dynamic flash sites. Why should i wasted obtaining my Visual Communications bachelor degree I learned lot about Flash actionscripting, other web programmings including graphic design, color theory, design principles, etc for?

I rather use free pre-made/giveway raw Flash files from my registered membership of Flash-kit.com, actionscripts.org, flzone.com, and many other flash actionscript sites based on the advanced/professional Flash application developments books/e-books/online subscriptions I bought during schooling time in order to obtain my bachelor degree for US job requirements.

Do you know that your Flash CS3 has several built-in pre-made templates that is ready to use? Like AS3 slideshow template i used for my client when i cannot afford to buy PowerPoint-FLV converter or vice versa in order to upload their website or youtube video.

Go Google.com finding that there are so many free Flash actionscripting tutorials and giveaways that allow you to modify at your own for FREE from those Flash developers gave away useless Flash files.

Also clients who hired me for actionscripting/modification job that they already bought pre-made Flash files such as Flash-XML MP3 player, Flash-XML video player, Flash-XML banner rotator, Flash-XML image slideshow/gallery, etc. where they do not know nothing about how to populate XML, or/and PHP-MySQL code to be modified or added loading images, audio, video files to the pre-made Flash files. Even they did not know about the requirement of use Flash CS3 for modification. That's where I come in.

Also clients do not have Video-FLV converter or encoder software in order to import them to those pre-made Flash-XML video player.

Finally, you are very funny that i get the sleepless nights doing coding! Don't forget that i have 8 years web development experience know how to employ actions/behaviors resulting in Flash actionscript, PHP, XML, and MySQL using my FAVORITE FLASH COMPONENTS to populate external files, no problem. It takes 1-2 days depend on how many images/video/music files client send me via email file attachment or zipped or CD/DVD disc.

I always REUSED those customized Flash files i create for clients all the time. (resize, font/color/layout modification based on what client want---not me).
Re: Are You Into Flash Actionscript 3? Lets Have Serious Fun Here! by uspry1(f): 11:56am On Dec 01, 2008
@michal3l

I also am member of Adobe Exchange obtaining free/commercial Flash/Dreamweaver/Photoshop/Firework components to be add-on to my CS3 suite since 2000.

Remember Adobe took over formerly Macromedia at that time, my membership was not affected during their merge transition phrase. I was there seeing everything changed dramatically.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Some Amazing Apps In The MTN Nextapp Store / Who Is A Programmer / I Don't Need Math

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.