Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,687 members, 7,816,797 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Is It Possible To 'forgive And Forget' As A Christian? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Possible To 'forgive And Forget' As A Christian? (463 Views)

Pope Francis To Allow Priests To Forgive Women Who Had Abortions / Things That A Christian Shouldn't Buy Or Sell / Pope Francis To Forgive Twitter Followers' Sins Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Is It Possible To 'forgive And Forget' As A Christian? by Zakkyoz: 6:21am On Oct 05, 2014
Offense has become an integral part of human life. It's either you offend somebody or somebody offends you. So, it cuts across all categories of people in the society. The question however is, can we truly forgive and forget?
All these thoughts were 'ruminating' in my brain when I reminisced on my interactions with people in the past few years. As a jobless graduate then, I borrowed a friend 3k to be paid at a specific time. This guy did not only refused to refund the money as agreed but he threatened to deal with me if I ever disturb him. The money was too little and did not worth making trouble about, so I let go. I have forgiven but the circumstance with which he did it could not allow me to forget.
This and many more(the story of how my fiancee was snatched by an intimate friend) other instances keep disturbing because I felt being cheated.
How can I forgive and forget these to avoid being a stumbling block to my heavenly race?
Re: Is It Possible To 'forgive And Forget' As A Christian? by emmyskies(m): 11:19am On Oct 05, 2014
I do. It won't be easy at first but once you have the mind of Christ, He will make it easy, I mean, very easy. When offence happens, don't look at the person that offended you, rather, look up to GOD and tell GOD to forgive the person, that the person know not what he is doing, because if he/she does, he won't offend you. Take you mind away from the offence and let the love of christ consume you to love the person. Not for your sake, not to your glory, but for the sake of Christ, forgive the person no matter the weight of the offence, to the glory of JESUS, forgive and forget. Remove it from your mind. See the person as a brethren and neighbour. For the kingdom of GOD, and for the Holy commandment, you should forgive so GOD will in turn forgive your sins. Meditate on the word GOD, e.g the parable of the king and his servants Matthew 18:23 etc

In summary, just dwell on the word of GOD, it is life. Dwell on it, meditate on it, do it, focus on GOD and His righteousness, then forgiveness will be part of you as ye becometh saint

(1) (Reply)

Still I Fall On My Knees. / Confession By Miniskirt / Barack Obama, Vatican Issue Ecumenical Statements Wishing Hindus A Happy Diwali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.