Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:29 PM

Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint (1304 Views)

For all NairaLanders: The Extremist Muslim And The True, Practising Muslim / Is It Right For Christians To Eat Sallah Meat? / Can Christians Eat Sallah Meat? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 05, 2014
There are debate on the at round-tables and question being asked at christian fellowships on the permissibly of Christians eating Muslim sallah meat. If it is okay for Christian to eat ileya meat.
To the extent that the sensibilities of the Muslim is being offended by some extremist christians calling it food offered to idols. "Idols"? Talk about intolerance.

The solution to this question is simple as ABC.
Whenever you are celebrating sallah, invite friends, neighbors etc. to your house for the feast; or at least let them know it is okay to visit. That way, those no problem with sallah/ ileya meat will visit your home to partake in the celebration; while others will keep away. In other word, don't offer meat, offer just invitations / open doors.

Hence, nobody is offended (both the "giver" and the "givee" ) and at the same time, no meat is wasted. QED!
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by Liveair: 11:12am On Oct 05, 2014
Op, I like this post. Religion always smirks of Hypocritical Intolerance yet they all preach tolerance and love.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by TheSonOfMark(m): 11:17am On Oct 05, 2014
You call christians who refuse to partake in your religious feasts "EXTREMISTS", right? Tell me: would you guys partake in CHRISTIAN FEASTS?

It's common knowledge that muslims ABHOR and call non-muslims "INFIDELS". Now tell me: who should be tagged as "EXTREMISTS"? Yes, you guessed right- you guys!
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by Nobody: 11:58am On Oct 05, 2014
TheSonOfMark:
You call christians who refuse to partake on your religious feasts "EXTREMISTS", right? Tell would you guys partake in CHRISTIAN FEASTS?
It's common knowledge that muslims ABHOR and call non-muslims "INFIDELS". Now tell me: who should be tagged as "EXTREMISTS"? Yes, you guessed right- you guys!

Sorry to disappoint you dude - There's no "you guys". As I don't subscribe to your gods. It's bigotry like this that makes me swore off religion
Just saying it like it is.

BTW, This equally applies to Christmas chicken and the extremist Muslims.
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by Ymodulus: 12:02pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hmmmm. I will be back. Let me go eat something
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by derrick333(m): 12:06pm On Oct 05, 2014
TheSonOfMark:
You call christians who refuse to partake on your religious feasts "EXTREMISTS", right? Tell would you guys partake in CHRISTIAN FEASTS?

B4 u argue endeavor2chk d meanin of extremist,I v a christain nabour lik dat in my foma compound,she will receive d meat n leta tro it away ,I wonda y she acepted d meat @1st
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by onetrack(m): 12:29pm On Oct 05, 2014
I am an atheist, headed to a friend's house to eat Sallah meat. Nothing prevents me from doing so, and I plan to enjoy it. (though my "Muslim" friend is actually a closet atheist)....
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by TheSonOfMark(m): 12:38pm On Oct 05, 2014
derrick333:

B4 u argue endeavor2chk d meanin of extremist,I v a christain nabour lik dat in my foma compound,she will receive d meat n leta tro it away ,I wonda y she acepted d meat @1st

'Cause she knows hurting your sensitivities by rejecting your meat would put her in your black book...and we both know how some members of your religious affiliations react to that.

And, by the way, trust me, you don't want to go down that lane of extremists arguments. We all know those who've guilty of that in the last few decades.
I have had a number of Muslim friendly acquaintances- the liberal ones.
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by derrick333(m): 1:22pm On Oct 05, 2014
TheSonOfMark:

'Cause she knows hurting your sensitivities by rejecting your meat would put her in your black book...and we both know how some members of your religious affiliations react to that.

And, by the way, trust me, you don't want to go down that lane of extremists arguments. We all know those who've guilty of that in the last few decades.
I have had a number of Muslim friendly acquaintances- the liberal ones.
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by egopersonified(f): 3:50pm On Oct 05, 2014
My new neighbours are muslims and they didnt even bother to give me sallah meat*sobs*, probably because of others that might have thrown them away. Anyway, I decided to leave the house today in search of meat outside, I must chop free food by fire by force.#determined.

1 Like

Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by derrick333(m): 7:13pm On Oct 05, 2014
egopersonified:
My new neighbours are muslims and they didnt even bother to give me sallah meat*sobs*, probably because of others that might have thrown them away. Anyway, I decided to leave the house today in search of meat outside, I must chop free food by fire by force.#determined.
free minded ,lik ur style joor
Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 06, 2014
egopersonified:
My new neighbours are Muslims and they didn't even bother to give me sallah meat*sobs*, probably because of others that might have thrown them away. Anyway, I decided to leave the house today in search of meat outside, I must chop free food by fire by force.#determined.

My Muslim neighbours don't share food and meat but they keep an open door (they are always elated to have me, just like I always enjoys the premium barbecue that sallah rams offers) and I also visit my Muslim friends on sallah to celebrate with them and chop better ileya ram (probably, because I don't have a "sky daddy" that will torment me for having a human experience).

Like you alluded, some people had nasty Sallah/ Christmas food experience; so as a fellow free minded folks, visit that neighbour/ family/ friend today and offer some holiday cheers.

2 Likes

Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by derrick333(m): 9:28am On Oct 06, 2014
boys 4my area don de wait4me b4i com4rm idi sef,don drink high d ram sef witness redwine b4d slaughtering

Re: Sallah Meat: Solution To The Extremist Christians Viewpoint by Nobody: 9:59am On Oct 12, 2014
JonBee1:

My Muslim neighbours don't share food and meat but they keep an open door (they are always elated to have me, just like I always enjoys the premium barbecue that sallah rams offers) and I also visit my Muslim friends on sallah to celebrate with them and chop better ileya ram (probably, because I don't have a "sky daddy" that will torment me for having a human experience).

Like you alluded, some people had nasty Sallah/ Christmas food experience; so as a fellow free minded folks, visit that neighbour/ family/ friend today and offer some holiday cheers.

Excellent

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

War In Heaven: Armageddon And The Murder Of Planet Mars. / The Analogy Of Nebuchanezzar And Negro Devolution / 30 Awe Inspiring Nuggets You Don't Wanna Miss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.