Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,511 members, 7,819,844 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? (1674 Views)

John Ogu Proposed To Adaolisa On The Pitch (Photos) / John Ogu Proposes To Girlfriend On The Pitch (Photos) / David Oniya Collapses On The Pitch And Dies In Malaysia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by EzeWills(m): 2:26pm On Oct 05, 2014
Watching the english premier league games this afternoon, I noticed something that is like a norm. before a player enters the pitch, he ll touch the ground, hit his hands on his chest and throws his hands in the air. Though its nt all the player bt most of them do that. it got me thinking, why do they always do that, does it bring luck to them? Will it make their team to win or ll it make the player to score goals? Or is part of the game rules? Please soccer fans, I need ya suggestions
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by joedejana(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
Story for the gods

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
dunno too
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by 24in7: 3:04pm On Oct 05, 2014
A myths, bt sme players stil bliv it wrk 4them (2shine in d game nd luck 4their team 2wiN)

1 Like

Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by Caracta(f): 4:44pm On Oct 05, 2014
The god of soccer lives under the pitch so they had to hit his head to seek for his attention and blessings.

Source: Me

3 Likes

Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Oct 05, 2014
Caracta:
The god of soccer lives under the pitch so they had to hit his head to seek for his attention and blessings.

smiley
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by EzeWills(m): 6:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
Caracta:

Lol funny u
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by Caracta(f): 7:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by tecnopath: 10:39pm On Jan 14, 2015
Caracta:

kiss cheesy

[color=#000099][/color]

grin
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by tuffgongjo(m): 8:18am On Jan 15, 2015
They all have their pre match$entrance "rituals" sturridge for example always enter the field with his back,Adebayo most time with a leg up.
So it is a personal thing.
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by khattab02: 12:15pm On Jan 15, 2015
Lol...

Jazz!
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by mcfynest(m): 7:49pm On Jun 07, 2015
EzeWills:
Watching the english premier league games this afternoon, I noticed something that is like a norm. before a player enters the pitch, he ll touch the ground, hit his hands on his chest and throws his hands in the air. Though its nt all the player bt most of them do that. it got me thinking, why do they always do that, does it bring luck to them? Will it make their team to win or ll it make the player to score goals? Or is part of the game rules? Please soccer fans, I need ya suggestions

Hey bro...you sent me a mail
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by EzeWills(m): 12:25am On Jun 09, 2015
mcfynest:

Hey bro...you sent me a mail
yes I did, I need those bangles d metal ones
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by mcfynest(m): 8:01am On Jun 09, 2015
EzeWills:

yes I did, I need those bangles d metal ones

which
Re: Why Does A Player Hit His Hands On The Ground Before Entering The Pitch? by StealthyMe(m): 8:58am On Jun 09, 2015
The same reason Sturridge used to come in with his back undecided
They believe its some sort of goodluck charm wink

(1) (Reply)

Benzema: It's A Pleasure To Hear Praise From Ronaldo / Npfl:enyimba Vs Kano Pillars (2pm)| Rivers United VS 3sc(4pm) / Premier League Monthly Awards. Place Your Votes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.