Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,500 members, 7,836,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:53 PM

Difference Between A LEARNED And An EDUCATED Person. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Difference Between A LEARNED And An EDUCATED Person. (5432 Views)

Are You Truly An Educated Person? / The Ten Most Educated Countries In The World. / Who Is An Educated Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Difference Between A LEARNED And An EDUCATED Person. by ddooskie(m): 9:08pm On Oct 05, 2014
I just had a discussion with a friend(a Lawyer) and it was based on the argument: Why do lawyers(even baby lawyers) call themselves LEARNED and call other degree holders the EDUCATED fellows?

Flash back to my alma mater, Law students, refer to themselves as LEARNED COLLEAGUES which now stirred my curiosity to look up the meanings of both words in the dictionary.

LEARNED: Having much learning, knowledgeable, erudite.
EDUCATED: Having attained a level of higher education such as a college/University degree.

To me, both words are synonymous but Lawyers and Law students wont just agree.
No beefs though but if Lawyers are learned, how do we refer to Engineers; The taught? or Fine Artists; The talented? Or Doctors
Re: Difference Between A LEARNED And An EDUCATED Person. by Jinyjagz(m): 9:12pm On Oct 05, 2014
sure

(1) (Reply)

Bayelsa Teachers Issue 21-day Ultimatum To State Govt. / Hnd/advance Diploma. / If You Put Anambra State University In Your Utme.lets Start Talking,i Am Also Looking To Chat With L

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.