Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,377 members, 7,815,800 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:36 PM

Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience (3395 Views)

HELP! A Cotton Bud Got Stocked In My Ear While I Was Cleaning My Ear. / Which Of These Have You Used To Clean Your Ear? / PLEASE HELP. I Have Cotton Wool From Ear Bud Stuck In Ear (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by opyzy(m): 11:55pm On Oct 05, 2014
here is mine

so that day I just felt tickling my ear so i took a cotton bud and after some secs of tickling I removed it, I noticed the wool at the tip had reduced little did I know that some had got stuck in my ear....eventually I landed at the ENT clinic and had the wool removed.The doctor used something like blunt scissors to remove it.

I bought my own blunt scissors just in case... well I had another cotton bud got stuck in my ear again but this time I grabbed my own blunt scissors and had the damned cotton bud removed (Na god say make I no burst my eardrum sef but I be expert now Lol) its very risky though.

don't just view without commenting o God is watching u o
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by Mskrisx(f): 11:57pm On Oct 05, 2014
Never!
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by Nobody: 11:59pm On Oct 05, 2014
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by Emmyk(m): 12:21am On Oct 06, 2014
I had water stuck in mine for like 3weeks. It was hell then!!!
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by opyzy(m): 12:36am On Oct 06, 2014
Emmyk:
I had water stick in mine for like 3weeks. It was hell this!!!
. Lol. ur ear ear dey sound like bass grin

1 Like

Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by Nobody: 12:42am On Oct 06, 2014
It cost me 8K;

After I cleaned my ear with regular cotton I noticed something dangling inside my ear when I tried to use the same tip to flush it the cotton got stucked in there. I tried everything I could to remove it but couldn't..my wife tried her best too, but no one could reach it without causing me pain..so I abandoned any kind of self medications and gave my doctor a call, he directed me to his clinic.
He was not around the but left instruction with the nurses to take care of me..behold all the nurse took turn to try their knowledge on me to no avail....until they informed my doctor to come over and take a personal look on d situation...when he tried all he could without result, by then in my heart I was losing hope n blaming myself for playing with one of the most harmless objects in the world with impunity.
And the fear of losing an ear set in.
After he called someone and explained my case he immediately grabbed on tool which looked like devils tootpick n dip it inside my ear and wollaaaa......the cotton appear.
The nurses quickly press calculator n gave me 8K as bill..i paid with joy and appreciation to everyone, I even thanked the clinic cleaners and security.

2 Likes

Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by madmadu(m): 12:47am On Oct 06, 2014
wen it happens, i remove it manually, wit 2 sticks if matches....
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by Aidy97(f): 6:49am On Oct 06, 2014
Mine wasn't a cotton wool..twas a blocked ear due to cold..pheeew! Twas so frustrating, imagine hearing with only one ear
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by Gboliwe: 8:02am On Oct 06, 2014
opyzy:
here is mine

so that day I just felt tickling my ear so i took a cotton bud and after some secs of tickling I removed it, I noticed the wool at the tip had reduced little did I know that some had got stuck in my ear....eventually I landed at the ENT clinic and had the wool removed.The doctor used something like blunt scissors to remove it.

I bought my own blunt scissors just in case... well I had another cotton bud got stuck in my ear again but this time I grabbed my own blunt scissors and had the damned cotton bud removed (Na god say make I no burst my eardrum sef but I be expert now Lol) its very risky though.

don't just view without commenting o God is watching u o

shocked shocked shocked that is risky! I am sure I will never try that!
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by opyzy(m): 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2014
Gboliwe:

shocked shocked shocked that is risky! I am sure I will never try that!
. Lol I had to do it, didn't know how am gonna face my old man again
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by tubolancer(m): 4:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
I can put in my ear several times and remove it. Nothing serious.m
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by jotey(m): 8:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Zinicc:
It cost me 8K;

After I cleaned my ear with regular cotton I noticed something dangling inside my ear when I tried to use the same tip to flush it the cotton got stucked in there. I tried everything I could to remove it but couldn't..my wife tried her best too, but no one could reach it without causing me pain..so I abandoned any kind of self medications and gave my doctor a call, he directed me to his clinic.
He was not around the but left instruction with the nurses to take care of me..behold all the nurse took turn to try their knowledge on me to no avail....until they informed my doctor to come over and take a personal look on d situation...when he tried all he could without result, by then in my heart I was losing hope n blaming myself for playing with one of the most harmless objects in the world with impunity.
And the fear of losing an ear set in.
After he called someone and explained my case he immediately grabbed on tool which looked like devils tootpick n dip it inside my ear and wollaaaa......the cotton appear.
The nurses quickly press calculator n gave me 8K as bill..i paid with joy and appreciation to everyone, I even thanked the clinic cleaners and security.
lmaooooo I dae wonder aw ur face go be wen e enta ur ear grin
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 06, 2014
.. When I was In JSS 1, I tried something really silly....

...One fateful evening, I was reading at home using my pencil to jot....I started having this kind of itchy feeling in my ears....I couldnt stand up to take match stick or cotton bud....I decided to use my pencil....

...Funniest part, I used the other end with eraser on it.....I started sctatching and scratching this thing....e dey sweet me....I scratch so tey the eraser break inside my ear....

...I tried removing it severally, bent my head sideways hoping it'll fall off.....hit my head with my hand hoping it'll shake it off....to no avail....

I had to tell my Dad and mum....COme and see wahala....Come and see the look of panic in my Dad's eyes....My mum nah Sojawoman, she fit still beat you with the eraser in your ear gansef.....

...I started thinking.....**hey!!, Grace you ll now be deaf, they ll operate your ear to get it out....etc....

....Luckily, a neighbour helped me to remove it a neddle....From then en, I started using feather or matchstick etc.....lol...
Re: Ever Had A Cotton Bud Stuck In Your Ear? :share Your Experience by stanway(m): 4:09pm On Aug 03, 2017
using a matchstick could be dangerous frm removing wax frm your ears trust me on viz one

(1) (Reply)

Loose That Weight Fast...iaso TEA. / 5 Reasons Why You Should Never Try Anal Sex / Are You Looking For A Lasting Solution For Erectile Dysfunction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.