Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,747 members, 7,824,152 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? (10249 Views)

40 Easter Bible Verses And Resurrection Quotes / Toni Payne Blasts Chris Okotie For Saying "All Catholics Will Go To Hell" / List Of People I Saw Going to Hell: Footballers & Fans, Musicians, Non-Tithers.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by mbaemeka(m): 2:15pm On Nov 26, 2014
Galatians 2:20 KJV

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Pauk said the life I live IN THE FLESH. Which means the I lives in the flesh and the I is not the flesh. What is it the I? James 2:26 answers it.

Man is a spirit. He has a soul but he lives in a body.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 5:34pm On Nov 26, 2014
mbaemeka:

I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Pauk said the life I live IN THE FLESH. Which means the I lives in the flesh and the I is not the flesh. What is it the I? James 2:26 answers it.

Thank you jare
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:27am On Dec 10, 2014
Gombs:

i am not a deity,but yes,i am not ordinary the moment i got born again.

man is a spirit,he has a soul and lives in a body.. .not man is divided into 3 parts,spirit,soul and body.

God is a Spirit. For you to claim to be God you have to be uncreated. Are you uncreated?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:50am On Dec 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

That is a WOF heretical teaching. Paul also says that we should walk in the Spirit and we will not fulfil the lust of the flesh (Gal.5:16). The fact that we walk in the Spirit does not mean we are spirits. Man is a tripartite being. He is spirit, soul and body. He is created in the image of the triune God. The suggested link below does more justice to this subject.

https://bible.org/seriespage/man-trinity-spirit-soul-body
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:51am On Dec 10, 2014
Gombs:

Thank you jare

Birds of the same feather.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Nobody: 9:40am On Dec 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

[KJV] Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

[KJV] Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

My dear "in the flesh" does not mean inside the flesh, just like "in the spirit" does not mean inside the spirit.

The portion you quoted is saying that the life he lives as a human, he lives for Christ, to do his will. compare 2cor. 5:15

While the one I quoted is talking about walking with a view to the flesh. That one that walks under the detates of the imperfect flesh cant please God. compare Gal 5:16-18
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by mbaemeka(m): 12:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

"I" keep under MY BODY. Who is the I that is keeping the body under?

JMAN05:

[KJV] Romans 8:8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.

[KJV] Romans 8:9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

My dear "in the flesh" does not mean inside the flesh, just like "in the spirit" does not mean inside the spirit.

The portion you quoted is saying that the life he lives as a human, he lives for Christ, to do his will. compare 2cor. 5:15

While the one I quoted is talking about walking with a view to the flesh. That one that walks under the detates of the imperfect flesh cant please God. compare Gal 5:16-18

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by mbaemeka(m): 12:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

That is a WOF heretical teaching. Paul also says that we should walk in the Spirit and we will not fulfil the lust of the flesh (Gal.5:16). The fact that we walk in the Spirit does not mean we are spirits. Man is a tripartite being. He is spirit, soul and body. He is created in the image of the triune God. The suggested link below does more justice to this subject.

https://bible.org/seriespage/man-trinity-spirit-soul-body

Trash. When Jesus said the rich man was taken to Hell and Lazarus was taken to Abraham's bosom was it the spirit, soul and body that was taken there?

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

Trash. When Jesus said the rich man was taken to Hell and Lazarus was taken to Abraham's bosom was it the spirit, soul and body that was taken there?

You should know by now that it was his spirit and soul that was taken there. His body which returned to the grave is to be resurrected and transformed at the sound of the trump.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by mbaemeka(m): 12:49pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

You should know by now that it was his spirit and soul that was taken there. His body which returned to the grave is to be resurrected and transformed at the sound of the trump.

You have answered your own question. If the body was part of him, he should have gone there with it but he didn't. Which means the body is ONLY an abode that the spirit lives in.

2 Likes

Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:08pm On Dec 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

You have answered your own question. If the body was part of him, he should have gone there with it but he didn't. Which means the body is ONLY an abode that the spirit lives in.

Separation from the body is called death and God did not intend for us to die originally. The moment you die you are no longer complete. You can no longer live on planet earth. Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rosed bodily in His glorious body, which shows that we who believe in Him will purify ourselves and will be like Him united with our glorious bodies.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by mbaemeka(m): 2:12pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Separation from the body is called death and God did not intend for us to die originally. The moment you die you are no longer complete. You can no longer live on planet earth. Jesus died for our sins, was buried and rosed bodily in His glorious body, which shows that we who believe in Him will purify ourselves and will be like Him united with our glorious bodies.

The body is an abode for the spirit. If the body was part of the man then it should go with him wherever he goes. If the spirit leaves the body yet still exists somewhere else with features that other spirits can recognise then it is clear that the body is NOT the man. For example, you live in a house but you are NOT your house. So if you leave your house, your house remains where it is but you are somewhere else.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Nobody: 2:25pm On Dec 10, 2014
mbaemeka:
1 Corinthians 9:27 KJV

But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway.

"I" keep under MY BODY. Who is the I that is keeping the body under?

[ESV] 1 Corinthians 0:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified.

You ve not shown what you understood from what I said previously. what does it mean to be in the spirit? was he inside a spirit?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:14pm On Dec 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

The body is an abode for the spirit. If the body was part of the man then it should go with him wherever he goes. If the spirit leaves the body yet still exists somewhere else with features that other spirits can recognise then it is clear that the body is NOT the man. For example, you live in a house but you are NOT your house. So if you leave your house, your house remains where it is but you are somewhere else.

If Adam had not sinned would his body have remained with him for all eternity? When he disobeyed God his spirit also got severed from the Spirit of God. The belief that we are spirit beings are doctrines of devils taught by Gnostics.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Weah96: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

LOL, what about those who are born with congenital defects? I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't want to be resurrected and transformed into some random person. Are you thinking this through all the way?

Do we get to select our own custom avatars?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 7:51pm On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

LOL, what about those who are born with congenital defects? I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't want to be resurrected and transformed into some random person. Are you thinking this through all the way?

Do we get to select our own custom avatars?

Our glorious bodies are perfected. All those defects were as a result of the original sin that we've all inherited.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Weah96: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Our glorious bodies are perfected. All those defects were as a result of the original sin that we've all inherited.

Chai! So what will be the new purpose of our p)enises in these new glorious bodies?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:05pm On Dec 10, 2014
Weah96:

Chai! So what will be the new purpose of our p)enises in these new glorious bodies?

John, who saw Jesus in His glory, has assured believers in Christ that "when He shall appear, we shall be like Him; for we shall see Him as He is" (1 John 3:2). Our present vile bodies shall be transformed "like unto His glorious body" (Philippians 3:21).
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 8:35pm On Dec 10, 2014
mbaemeka:

hmmm...good question cheesy
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by mbaemeka(m): 11:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

If Adam had not sinned would his body have remained with him for all eternity? When he disobeyed God his spirit also got severed from the Spirit of God. The belief that we are spirit beings are doctrines of devils taught by Gnostics.

You can call anything a doctrine of devils as long as you don't understand it or t doesn't line up with what you believe. Even your questions defeat you. Did God not make a body for Adam with clay and then breathe into him? Does it not prove that what was put into him is different from what it was put into?

Job 32:8 says it clear. It is left for anyone to call that book devilish.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by RikoduoSennin(m): 5:29pm On Dec 11, 2014
[b] Ecclesiastes 3: 18- 21 " I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them THAT THEY ARE BUT BEASTS. For the FATE of the sons of men and the FATE of the beasts IS THE SAME; AS ONE DIES, SO DOES THE OTHER. 'THEY HAVE THE SAME BREATH/SPIRIT' and man has 'NO ADVANTAGE OVER THE BEASTS' for all is vanity. 'ALL' GO TO 'ONE PLACE' , all are from the dust and all turn to dust again. Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth ? "

Ecclesiastes 9:10 " Whatever your hands find to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in sheol to which YOU ARE GOING"

Would Jesus have cried if Lazarus is friend was chilling in a glorious place? John 11:33, 35

Those that will rise on the last day will they have another spirit implanted into their old decay bodies ? Or will their old spirit be given a new body ? Have can the later be termed "Rise again" , What really will be risen during Ressurection. -John 6:40, John 11:24
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:10pm On Dec 13, 2014
mbaemeka:

You can call anything a doctrine of devils as long as you don't understand it or t doesn't line up with what you believe. Even your questions defeat you. Did God not make a body for Adam with clay and then breathe into him? Does it not prove that what was put into him is different from what it was put into?

Job 32:8 says it clear. It is left for anyone to call that book devilish.

Would you be held accountable for the sins you committed in the body since you are only a spirit being?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:13pm On Dec 13, 2014
RikoduoSennin:

[b] Ecclesiastes 3: 18- 21 " I said in my heart with regard to the sons of men that God is testing them to show them THAT THEY ARE BUT BEASTS. For the FATE of the sons of men and the FATE of the beasts IS THE SAME; AS ONE DIES, SO DOES THE OTHER. 'THEY HAVE THE SAME BREATH/SPIRIT' and man has 'NO ADVANTAGE OVER THE BEASTS' for all is vanity. 'ALL' GO TO 'ONE PLACE' , all are from the dust and all turn to dust again. Who knows whether the spirit of man goes upward and the spirit of the beast goes down to the earth ? "

Ecclesiastes 9:10 " Whatever your hands find to do, do it with your might; for there is no work or thought or knowledge or wisdom in sheol to which YOU ARE GOING"

Would Jesus have cried if Lazarus is friend was chilling in a glorious place? John 11:33, 35

Those that will rise on the last day will they have another spirit implanted into their old decay bodies ? Or will their old spirit be given a new body ? Have can the later be termed "Rise again" , What really will be risen during Ressurection. -John 6:40, John 11:24

Your spirit man must first of all be revived before you can understand the spiritual connection with the Spirit of God.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by RikoduoSennin(m): 5:22pm On Dec 14, 2014
OLAADEGBU:

Your spirit man must first of all be revived before you can understand the spiritual connection with the Spirit of God.

It is clear from the scriptures: Man and beast/animals have the same spirits. If man's spirit escapes death so too does that of animals.

During the creation of Man when did God put the spirit?

In Ezekiel's, dry bone shall rise again....where and when was the spirit placed on the dry bones?

During ressurection, will spirits who are in heaven, hades, sheol or hell re-enter their bones again?

1 Like

Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:18pm On Apr 29, 2016
RikoduoSennin:

It is clear from the scriptures: Man and beast/animals have the same spirits. If man's spirit escapes death so too does that of animals.

Human's spirits are immortal after death animals ceases to exist.

RikoduoSennin:

During the creation of Man when did God put the spirit?

In Ezekiel's, dry bone shall rise again....where and when was the spirit placed on the dry bones?

Did you read in the Bible where God breathed into Adam and Adam became a living soul?

RikoduoSennin:

During ressurection, will spirits who are in heaven, hades, sheol or hell re-enter their bones again?

At the rapture the living saints' body will be transformed into a glorious body while the dead in Christ will be raised incorruptible. This is the point where their spirits will 're-enter their bones again' as you put it.
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Benprak(m): 6:04pm On Apr 29, 2016
Jesus went to hell bcox Bible says He tasted death for us I.e spiritual death which is only possible in hell
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by promise101: 7:01pm On Apr 29, 2016
OLAADEGBU:

God is a Spirit. For you to claim to be God you have to be uncreated. Are you uncreated?
You wouldn't have asked that!

That was raw faith working!
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by Gombs(m): 10:12am On Apr 30, 2016
Benprak:
Jesus went to hell bcox Bible says He tasted death for us I.e spiritual death which is only possible in hell

Sir, Jesus NEVER died a spiritual death.

Thanks
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by promise101: 11:30am On Apr 30, 2016
Gombs:

Thanks
The spiritual death, he was talking about means death in hell, that is, Jesus going to hell.

The consequences of our sins is not physical death, it is eternal death in hell(spiritual).

And if you say that Jesus never went to hell, putting aside the fact that the bible proves that he really went to hell, then it means that Jesus NEVER paid for the sins of mankind.

There has to be a legal justice on the punishment of the we, sinners. And for that to take place he has to do it on behalf of EVERY MAN.

The eternal sins of a world without end was laid upon him, proven guilty, and judged to be condemned to death. The judgement of sin is eternal death in hell.

Though, the death lasted for 3days, but the effect of his death, was ETERNITY COMPRESSED IN TIME(3 days)

"Eternity TIME PAST, eternity before him; ALL COMPRESSED IN TIME(3days)."
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:59pm On Apr 30, 2016
Gombs:

Thanks

Agreed. But did Jesus suffer in hellfire? undecided
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:00pm On Apr 30, 2016
Benprak:

Are you saying that Jesus suffered hellfire for us?
Re: Did Jesus Go To Hell Between His Death And Resurrection? by OLAADEGBU(m): 4:01pm On Apr 30, 2016
promise101:

You wouldn't have asked that!

That was raw faith working!

Do you have that kind of faith?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before,immediately Or After Faith? Wen Do U Receive The Gift Of The Holy Spirit? / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! / Would You Quit Your Job, If It Affects Church?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.