Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:34 AM

4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) (4188 Views)

Answering Any 7 Of These Means Your IQ Is Really High. / Test Your IQ: Solve This Question In 10 Seconds / Brain Teasers Required To Increase Your IQ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by oluwadanie1(m): 7:27am On Oct 06, 2014
SOURCE: http://acadablog.com/4-sure-ways-to-improve-your-iq/

Your IQ, which stands for Intelligence Quotient, is a scientific assessment of your intelligence derived from standardized tests that measure problem solving abilities, spatial imagery, memory, general knowledge, and other factors. While there are limits based on native intelligence levels, recent studies have shown that it’s possible to increase your intelligence. We’ll show you some ways to make this happen.

1)Take risks with your brain.
Have you become a Scrabble master, able toss out 40-point words even when your rack looks like EEIOAUC? Fine, congratulations. Now go become a Sudoku master. When you reach that goal, move on. Become a Go master, or chess expert.

Once you become good at a particular skill, your brain stops working as hard. It doesn’t expend the resources, or trigger that dopamine rush that helps make you smarter. Feel free to continue to wallop the competition in Scrabble, but keep finding new “brain games” to explore.

2)Play logic/strategy games.
In 2008, scientists Susanne Jaeggi and Martin Buschkuehl devised a method that would increase “fluid intelligence”—the ability to draw connections between things, solve problems, and adapt to new situations. By having test subjects pay attention to two different streams of information, they found they exhibited a significant gain in reasoning abilities.

3)Play video games.
Games can be a great way to stimulate the brain. Try to play a game that is out of your usual range of choices. It will help you think differently. Especially look for games that provide you with problems to solve or force you to think quickly.

Scientific studies have shown that playing the popular game Tetris leads to more efficient brain activity; as players become more proficient at the game, their brains show a reduced consumption of glucose (the body’s main fuel).[2] The conclusions of this study point out that glucose consumption is reduced when learning has taken place. This would be expected as when a person becomes more proficient in any activity, the effort required decreases.

When playing first person shooter games, try to get into the atmosphere, look at details, think every move as if it were real. This way you don’t mindlessly finish the game, and you stimulate the brain to think more than just using reflexive actions.

4)Work on challenging your brain in new ways.
Try cryptology, for example. This is when a message is written in codes and you try to figure it out. It’s challenging for some, but after a while may even become enjoyable. All logic puzzles are great.

Do logic and lateral thinking puzzles. These help you explore new areas, and solve problems in different ways.

Practice crosswords and sudoku. These activities stimulate your mind and thought processes. People may not normally consider word searches t even know thought-provoking, but if practiced in addition to other mind games, they could prove to be easy and stimulating.

Btw do you know you even know your IQ? If yes, then tell us.

Lovely articles: http://acadablog.com/category/articles/

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by romzyxy(m): 8:03am On Oct 06, 2014
try ANALGRAM. It is a word arrangement game. It helps in boosting my Intelligent qoutient. Mine is 85%

2 Likes

Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by DikSin(m): 8:34am On Oct 06, 2014
Also try making out with a damsel when she's asleep... Good for two grin
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by oluwaiffymi(f): 8:40am On Oct 06, 2014
romzyxy:
try ANALGRAM. It is a word arrangement game. It helps in boosting my Intelligent qoutient. Mine is 85%

Never heard of that game, how is it played?
Btw, is there any site that enables one to know his/her IQ? And how did you know yours?
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Geenet: 9:20am On Oct 06, 2014
Nice post... Thanks to the op

Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by destino24(m): 9:42am On Oct 06, 2014
romzyxy:

it's ANAGRAM
your IQ is 85%

4 Likes

Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by jejemanito: 9:44am On Oct 06, 2014
romzyxy:
Where can I download
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Waspy(m): 10:03am On Oct 06, 2014
Try deep thinking. Old philosophers had better I.Qs not only because they played chess or Scrabble but because they were deep thinkers. In fact deep thinking is the reason we have such things like Chess, Scrabble, Puzzles and Anagrams.

1 Like

Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Nobody: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2014
In summary>>> Play games to increase your IQ undecided

1 Like

Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Vstuffs(m): 11:04am On Oct 06, 2014
I will try to do my best...only my achievement will determine my IQ
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by iamrealdeji(m): 11:16am On Oct 06, 2014
romzyxy:
Have you tried ambigram? Its way complex than anything,i do it often and make lots of words and names out of it
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by romzyxy(m): 11:33am On Oct 06, 2014
destino24:

it's ANAGRAM
your IQ is 85%

10ks. it was early in d morning and i was very weary. 4give my sleepy eyes
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by oluwadanie1(m): 12:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
iamrealdeji:

Have you tried ambigram? Its way complex than anything,i do it often and make lots of words and names out of it

Hey, Do you play it online?
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by iamrealdeji(m): 12:44pm On Oct 06, 2014
oluwadanie1:

Hey, Do you play it online?
Nope,its an arrangement of words in such a way thatif you turn it upside down,you'd see the same word
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by oluwadanie1(m): 12:58pm On Oct 06, 2014
Geenet:
Nice post... Thanks to the op

U're welcome
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by tuns2s: 1:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
I must confess SUDOKU is very tasking...
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Yello1(m): 1:35pm On Oct 06, 2014
okay,guys let's go play game drop dis books jor.
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by daxon001(m): 1:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
DikSin:
Also try making out with a damsel when she's asleep... Good for two grin
Wen will u make senseundecided
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by DikSin(m): 1:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
daxon001:

Wen will u make senseundecided

Anyday I Bleep your cousins: esp. the Orobo kiss
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by daxon001(m): 1:56pm On Oct 06, 2014
DikSin:

Anyday I Bleep your cousins: esp. the Orobo kiss
Pls alert d doctor cos ur brain will soon start 2 shrink!
0robo ko,Oboro niundecided
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by DikSin(m): 2:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
daxon001:

Pls alert d doctor cos ur brain will soon start 2 shrink!
0robo ko,Oboro niundecided
Ask urself: "am I making sense"
Oloshi tongue
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
Yello1:
okay,guys let's go play game drop dis books jor.

`Yes, bro - we're tired of books!!!
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by SpaceGoat: 3:22pm On Oct 06, 2014
oluwaiffymi:

Never heard of that game, how is it played?
Btw, is there any site that enables one to know his/her IQ? And how did you know yours?
wow book worm !! i like book worm ladies its so hard to find this days kiss
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by oluwaiffymi(f): 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2014
SpaceGoat:
wow book worm !! i like book worm ladies its so hard to find this days kiss

Am nt a bookworm.
I jst wnt to knw the level of my IQ...
*Dats all*
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by SpaceGoat: 3:38pm On Oct 06, 2014
oluwaiffymi:

Am nt a bookworm.
I jst wnt to knw the level of my IQ...
*Dats all*
kiss come lemme count it for you you have 1 million iQ grin
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by akposking(m): 5:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
Over masturbation has made me have brain fog. Op are u sure if i apply these strategy my iq would be poppin to normal.
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by amichaelz101(m): 6:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nice.. How bou play pes 2014?
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by jasper83: 6:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Nice post
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by oluwadanie1(m): 6:17pm On Oct 06, 2014
jasper83:
Nice post

Tanks man
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by nwaobitex: 6:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
IQ
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Jj222(f): 9:49pm On Oct 06, 2014
Ok i kno d best way just meet anybody ask d person what d problem is just think n solve d pro or better still go to boko boys kno what there prob is then u tink very fast n solve it. B4 then ur brain wil b 100%.
Re: 4 Sure Ways To Improve Your IQ (MUST READ) by Nobody: 10:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am here.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Jigawa Govt Releases N127m For Scholarship. / 2015/2016 Jamb Cbt Utme Chemistry Exam Expo Runs Runz Questions/answers 2015/201 / Would Governor Amosun Truly Punish The Teacher And Examiners Who Set This Exam?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.