Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,973 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:35 PM

And Co (tradition Or Show OFF) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / And Co (tradition Or Show OFF) (555 Views)

Photo: Would You Allow Culture And Tradition Give Your Child Tribal Mark ? / Meet The Woman Whose 15 Children Were Fed To Hungry Crocodiles Over Tradition / Yoruba Tradition Is Killing My Love (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

And Co (tradition Or Show OFF) by jaydee87(m): 8:47am On Oct 06, 2014
Good day NLanders,
hope this meet you well I really want to get something right about 'and co' is it tradition or show off
I really want to know cos I Dont seem to understand why we all have go wear a particular type of dress to occasion. to make the matter funny our ladies seem to love it more cos they prefer wearing the same attire to church and outing. pls I need historians in the house to educate me more on the advantages of 'And Co' cos I Dont see any..
Re: And Co (tradition Or Show OFF) by SAMBARRY: 8:58am On Oct 06, 2014
Aso ebi means family attire.it was originally meant for only the families of the celebrant and the celebrant himself or herself to wear same uniform so that they will be easily identifiable when in parties that was the yoruba culture then

but along the line people started modifying the culture to include friends and family of the celebrant. That's why in weddings today you see both family and friends of the celebrant wear the same outfit just to show that they are not party crashers (mogbo moya) they were actually invited

They also want to show off their fashionable personality and to buy the attire from the celebrant so that when they are doing their own celebration others to will do the same

aso ebi is also a passport to collect souvenirs or food at weddings or events

it's also to show you went there . That's where the OWANMBE word originated from.as in you were present.

.In all sha its a yoruba cultural thing
Re: And Co (tradition Or Show OFF) by jaydee87(m): 2:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
tanks, but we can do without it right.
need to hear from other tribes to see if its a Nigerian tin...
Re: And Co (tradition Or Show OFF) by KanwuliaJara: 3:15pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hmmmmm
Re: And Co (tradition Or Show OFF) by KanwuliaJara: 3:20pm On Oct 06, 2014
Unbelievable!
3 IDs spam-botted in one thread?

Ha!

Anyhoooooo

OP! Chelsea Clinton don born tey-tey o!
No need drinking ALOMO for her pregnancy.
She nor get morning-sickness again o!

Se o gbo? cheesy

(1) (Reply)

Some Of The Best Tips On Building A Great Relationship With Your In-laws / Trend For Parents With Kids Only / How My Husband Defiled Our 9 Yr Old Daughter And Impregnated Another

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.