Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,510 members, 7,954,933 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:47 PM

8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) (33739 Views)

Wizkid Gets Honoured At Cyprus International University (photos) / Meet The 8 Successful Nigerians Who Didn’t Go To A University / Nigerian Celebrities Who Died Between 2011 And 2013 (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by blackprowler: 11:54pm On Dec 18, 2014
SaiBuharii:
Country of #160,000,000 people. You can only mention 8 people that didn't go to school and made it. What happened to the remaining #159,999,992? Any student that has sense and sees this will marry his book. It's high time we face reality. In the country we live in, pple without Education lack opportunities. Even in politics that there is free money, the thread is changing...at least from the west. The governor of Lagos is a SAN, incoming is a chartered accountant, ogun state gov is a chartered accountant, Osun is an Engineer, oyo same, Ekiti - former - PhD holder, incoming vp professor etc. Don't be deceived o. If u are hoping in football/entertainment...that side is saturated.Take a time out and go to a talent hunt, you will think it's prayer crusade. But education gives you hope, even if u no gey beta job...it activates your brain for possible usage.

#GMB2015

This is the safe, standard, mainstream view; but it is a wrong view. This is why Nigeria is in a mess. Going to a school to whatever extent is only supposed to equip you to meet challenges. If someone who didn't go beats you in a fair contest, that should be a double shame to you. But what happens in Nigeria? They don't allow those who didn't get a certificate or the other to compete. This is why people are only after the paper and good grades by any means. They know that with it, their abilities on the job will hardly be scrutinized. I can assure you that one of the reasons we have Jonathan in our hands today is because of his PhD. The man cannot even read a speech better than a secondary school child. Of all our leaders, maybe he can only compete with Sani Abacha. Yet he got a PhD and, from his village all the way to the presidency, Nigerians cleared the way for him. I really do think it is time we ended our mumurity in this country. Educational standards and certifications are a farcical parody in Nigeria. Look out for people's abilities rather than where they went and your country will suddenly change for the better

1 Like

Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by omogesola: 11:55pm On Dec 18, 2014
True talk. IT ACTIVATES YOUR BRAIN FOR POSSIBLE USAGE. True talk!!!

quotequote author=SaiBuharii post=29001639]Country of #160,000,000 people. You can only mention 8 people that didn't go to school and made it. What happened to the remaining #159,999,992? Any student that has sense and sees this will marry his book. It's high time we face reality. In the country we live in, pple without Education lack opportunities. Even in politics that there is free money, the thread is changing...at least from the west. The governor of Lagos is a SAN, incoming is a chartered accountant, ogun state gov is a chartered accountant, Osun is an Engineer, oyo same, Ekiti - former - PhD holder, incoming vp professor etc. Don't be deceived o. If u are hoping in football/entertainment...that side is saturated.Take a time out and go to a talent hunt, you will think it's prayer crusade. But education gives you hope, even if u no gey beta job...it activates your brain for possible usage.

#GMB2015[/quote]
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by omogesola: 11:57pm On Dec 18, 2014
True talk. IT ACTIVATES YOUR BRAIN FOR POSSIBLE USAGE. True talk
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by blackprowler: 12:15am On Dec 19, 2014
Ucheosefoh:
their are millions who are successful without university education go to Onitsha, Aba, Lagos and other commercial cities you will meet them the op is not trying to discourage anybody from attending university education if they can but not everybody can afford university education and not everybody have the brain to attend one instead of losing hope of making it in life they should draw inspiration from people that the op mention if this people can make it without university education they can make it too

Pls let me use your post to make one further point. The vast overwhelming majority of Nigerians at university have no interest in intellectualism and are not university material. They're there because they want a good life and have been mandated by society to go there in order to have that good life. This is why they have dragged down the ideals for which universities were set up. A university is supposed to be the place where the best minds meet to further develop their talents and show the rest of society the way, by creating new knowledge and new innovations. As you can see, the only things that come out of our universities are lecturers' strikes for more salaries(since their work isn't productive), cultism(which true intellectual will be into cultism?), prostitution on a grand scale and countless other vices. Instead of the university influencing society for the better, the society(with its backwardness) has invaded the university in Nigeria!
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by blackprowler: 12:20am On Dec 19, 2014
vanndubi:

He also graduated from ABSU - 2003 but somehow somehow, the school senate withdrew his BSc certificate.

I think I'm quite sure the person OP meant is called ONWUKA Kalu, not Orji Uzor. Orji I think, even attended Harvard at a later date. Onwuka was a millionaire at 19 they say. He reigned in Nigeria in the '80s and early '90s when I think most nairalanders were too young or not even born. Sani Abacha destroyed him
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by Nobody: 12:40am On Dec 19, 2014
allow me to steal from the public treasury and i would be "successful" too.
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by showafrica(m): 5:23am On Dec 19, 2014
Mercy J used what she got
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by 100Cents: 6:18am On Dec 19, 2014
O boy, iwe nah ewe mu.
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by millionboi(m): 6:31am On Dec 19, 2014
vanndubi:

He also graduated from ABSU - 2003 but somehow somehow, the school senate withdrew his BSc certificate.
hahahaha,could it be dat d Gods is nt on his side on dat
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by StevinMorgan(m): 6:33am On Dec 19, 2014
Nelrulez:
what's he saying? Mr Best nairalander.

nelrulez or whatever you call yourself is it not ok that i have noticed your presence? Just leave me alone.
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by vanndubi: 6:41am On Dec 19, 2014
millionboi:
hahahaha,could it be dat d Gods is nt on his side on dat

Maybe
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by Nobody: 7:51am On Dec 19, 2014
blackprowler:

This is the safe, standard, mainstream view; but it is a wrong view. This is why Nigeria is in a mess. Going to a school to whatever extent is only supposed to equip you to meet challenges. If someone who didn't go beats you in a fair contest, that should be a double shame to you. But what happens in Nigeria? They don't allow those who didn't get a certificate or the other to compete. This is why people are only after the paper and good grades by any means. They know that with it, their abilities on the job will hardly be scrutinized. I can assure you that one of the reasons we have Jonathan in our hands today is because of his PhD. The man cannot even read a speech better than a secondary school child. Of all our leaders, maybe he can only compete with Sani Abacha. Yet he got a PhD and, from his village all the way to the presidency, Nigerians cleared the way for him. I really do think it is time we ended our mumurity in this country. Educational standards and certifications are a farcical parody in Nigeria. Look out for people's abilities rather than where they went and your country will suddenly change for the better

mumu,wot has GEJ's PhD to do with dis post? any way he graduated well and was retained as a lecturer.Haters can hit their head on d rock of Gibraltar.
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by kunleajao(m): 7:57am On Dec 19, 2014
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm, it is well
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by LEvuls(m): 9:30pm On Dec 19, 2014
CzarRex:
na u teach am d pol.science
Was in school then, any other problem
Re: 8 Successful Nigerians CELEBRITIES Who Never Went To A University. (photos) by Nelrulez(m): 5:27pm On Feb 15, 2015
StevinMorgan:

nelrulez or whatever you call yourself is it not ok that i have noticed your presence? Just leave me alone.
you need a brain check.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Five Star CEO E-money Waaring Skirt (photos) / Nigerian Contortionist Shocks Peter Okoye Fans As He Joins #onemorenightchalleng / Niyi Johnson Wears Make-Up Like A Woman (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.