Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,756 members, 7,809,904 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:56 PM

If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, (1058 Views)

What Is The Most Embarrassing Thing You've Caught Someone Else Doing? / This Is What Someone Begging For Money In The Church Through Whatsapp got (pix) / What Is The Hardest Question You've Ever Been Asked? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by andysnoopy(m): 12:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
If you have ever been in a situation like this, I need your advice. I joined a church in my Uni days 3 years ago. I was in my Finals then and this girl i dated used going to her church as a condition for us to date so it was an easy decision because prior to that I wasn't even attending church services. The church is one of those Big Nigerian Churches in Ghana and Nigerians or young Ghanaian attend the church. My first time there was cool and i decided to make it my church and been a member ever since.

This issue now is that i've gone on to have affairs with different girls at one time or the other and it's really coming back to bite me in the ass. I'm more matured and responsible now and i don't even keep GFs at church any longer but the thing is my Past sins are a real dent on my image in the church.

Among the girls, I'm just there for sex and nothing else but it's not like that anymore.. even new members are getting to know that i had affairs in the church and sometimes i think the guys there also help in spreading the news. These days i just stay the church service and leave immediately afterwards.. People don't even accept a free ride from me to drop them off or something... Well mostly the girls.. My Pastor even send me texts on how to deal with women issues and it's crazy because they are using my younger days to judge me now.

If you were in my shoes or have been in my shoes.. What's your advice??
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by fairheven: 1:01pm On Oct 06, 2014
Change your church naa,it seem yours sin don too much,before they will form "a committee of friends of jilted ones" against u cool
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by andysnoopy(m): 1:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
I really like this church but if it happens i have to leave it, then it will be going to church in my house and being my own pastor...
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by docjuli(m): 1:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Two things

1. Look for another Church or
2. Remain there and don't look back; move on with your life.

Let me share this with you from Don Schwager

Don't miss the good path God has set for you - it will lead to joy and freedom

What does the story of a plowman have to do with the journey? A plowman who looked back while plowing his field caused the line or furrow he cut into the soil to become crooked. One crooked line easily leads to another until the whole field is a mess. The plowman had to look straight ahead in order to keep the plow from going off course. Likewise, if we look back on what we have freely left behind to follow the Lord - whether that be some distraction, attachment, or sinful habit which leads us away from doing God's will - our path will likely diverge and we'll miss what God has for us.
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by thegoodone2(m): 1:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
confess ur sin, if u go another church ur sin will follow u
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by andysnoopy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 06, 2014
Is hard moving on without looking bad in a place where everyone is looking back. I planned seeing my Pastor on Wednesday and discuss it with him. It will be an awkward discussion though but i have to do it because of the text he sent me,.
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by docjuli(m): 1:16pm On Oct 06, 2014
This is the complete sermon

Scripture: Luke 9:57-62

57 As they were going along the road, a man said to him, "I will follow you wherever you go." 58 And Jesus said to him, "Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man has nowhere to lay his head." 59 To another he said, "Follow me." But he said, "Lord, let me first go and bury my father." 60 But he said to him, "Leave the dead to bury their own dead; but as for you, go and proclaim the kingdom of God." 61 Another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but let me first say farewell to those at my home." 62 Jesus said to him, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God."

Meditation: Are you ready to follow the Lord Jesus wherever he may lead you? With the call the Lord gives the grace to respond and the strength to follow all the way to the end. Why does Jesus issue a challenge with the call? Jesus was utterly honest in telling people what it would cost to follow him. When a would-be disciple approached Jesus and said he was ready to follow, Jesus told him it would require sacrifice - the sacrifice of certain creaturely comforts. Jesus appealed to this man's heart and told him to detach himself from whatever might hold him back. Spiritual detachment is a necessary step for following the Lord. It frees us to give ourselves without reserve to the Lord and his service. While many of us may not need to give up the comfort of our own home and bed to follow Jesus, we, nonetheless, must be willing to part with anything that might stand in the way of doing God's will.

Don't let anything hold you back from following the Lord Jesus

Another would-be disciple said he would follow as soon as he had buried his father. What he meant by this expression was that he felt the need to return to his home to take care of his father through old age until he died. The third had no obligation to return home, but simply wanted to go back and say good-bye. Jesus surprised these would-be disciples with the stark truth that nothing should hinder us from following the Lord. Was Jesus being harsh and rude to his would-be followers? Not really. We are free to decide whether we will take the path which Jesus offers. But if we choose to go, then the Lord wants us to count the cost and choose for it freely.

Don't miss the good path God has set for you - it will lead to joy and freedom
What does the story of a plowman have to do with the journey? A plowman who looked back while plowing his field caused the line or furrow he cut into the soil to become crooked. One crooked line easily leads to another until the whole field is a mess. The plowman had to look straight ahead in order to keep the plow from going off course. Likewise, if we look back on what we have freely left behind to follow the Lord - whether that be some distraction, attachment, or sinful habit which leads us away from doing God's will - our path will likely diverge and we'll miss what God has for us.

Will you say "yes" to the Lord's call for your life?
The Gospel does not record the response from these three would-be disciples. We are only left with the question which Jesus intends for us as well. Are you ready to take the path which the Lord Jesus offers? His grace is sufficient and his love is strong. There is nothing greater we can do with our lives than to place them at the service of the Lord and Master of the universe. We cannot outmatch God in his generosity. Jesus promises that those who are willing to part with what is most dear to them for his sake "will receive a hundred times as much and will inherit eternal life" (Matthew 19:29). The Lord Jesus offers us a kingdom of lasting peace, unending joy, surpassing love, enduring friendship, and abundant life.

Question

Is there anything holding you back from pursuing the Lord and his will for you life?

Prayer
"Take, O Lord, and receive my entire liberty, my memory, my understanding, and my whole will. All that I am and all that I possess you have given me. I surrender it all to you to be disposed of according to your will. Give me only your love and your grace - with these I will be rich enough and will desire nothing more." (Prayer of Ignatius Loyola, 1491-1556)
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by docjuli(m): 1:28pm On Oct 06, 2014
So, if you are truly repentant, don't look back.

`
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by ebolablast: 1:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by GANDALF1(m): 1:54pm On Oct 06, 2014
Andyblaze united
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by olayincar(m): 2:07pm On Oct 06, 2014
andysnoopy:
I really like this church but if it happens i have to leave it, then it will be going to church in my house and being my own pastor...

Why would u leave the church...
Thank God you have accept you have Sin.. Go and confess it

Ma brother, no-one can stand if we are to judge by ( Galatian 5 vs 19-21)
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by obi4eze(m): 6:21pm On Nov 11, 2014
Andyblaze the liar! I read this story somewhere.
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by Andyblaze: 6:25pm On Nov 11, 2014
obi4eze:
Andyblaze the liar! I read this story somewhere.

click on my profile...check my personal text..copy n paste it on ur browser..what u see will answer all yur questions
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by obi4eze(m): 6:28pm On Nov 11, 2014
Andyblaze:

click on my profile...check my personal text..copy n paste it on ur browser..what u
see will answer all yur questions
I have no question about you. I know who you are.... THE CHIEF OF TROLLS
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by Andyblaze: 6:31pm On Nov 11, 2014
obi4eze:

I have no question about you. I know who you are.... THE CHIEF OF TROLLS

just check it and download it bro....grin its a new one
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
LOL. People are taking Andy serious. Quoting all these scriptures grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: If You've Ever Shat In The Church, How Did You Clean It Up!! Advice Abeg, by Opeedo(m): 9:29pm On Nov 11, 2014
You got me rolling on the floor

(1) (Reply)

Breaking News: Mob Burnt Lecturer To Death For Killing Five Pupils. Picture / Dangote Becomes 23rd Richest Man In The World; 1st Black Man To Reach Top 25 / My Review Of The New 100N Centenary Note +hd Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.