Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,605 members, 7,816,504 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:12 PM

Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? (3284 Views)

Mr Aye Dee, The Guy Who Took Down Linda Ikeji Blog Prays For Her / Aftermath Of ' Google Shut Down Linda Ikeji's Blog' See Rational Opinions / Google Removes Linda Ikeji's Blog (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by civac(m): 6:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 06, 2014
I hope they go easy on her, plagiarism is a big crime
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by jaymdee(m): 7:05pm On Oct 06, 2014
I think she never had the best business advice. All she needed was to make her internet business more professional by getting her own website. Also , building a team would have worked well with her.

1 Like

Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Youngsage: 7:08pm On Oct 06, 2014
Alright!

That's none of my business, actually
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by civac(m): 7:12pm On Oct 06, 2014
Still from above source;

Linda Ikeji is said to generate an income from her blog of about $900,000 (N140m) annually. These monies are from advertisements and sponsored posts.

LINDA IKEJI’S mistake?

1. Not incorporating as a business to shield her from personal liability. If she is sued now, her cars, houses, and other personal assets will be hit. Incorporating your business protects your personal assetstisements and sponsored posts.

2. Not having her own self hosted platform. If her violations are where Google believes there is no redemption, since it is claimed there are several authors with infringing works on her platform , then her blog could be deleted by Google, just like that.
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Nobody: 7:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
I was Here.
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Nobody: 8:11pm On Oct 06, 2014
This girl should watch her back. I'm sure many haters and envious people are eager to bring her down by any means. Hope she is taking strong precautionary measures to protect herself and her hard-earned livelihood.

By the way, if she actually earns up to N140 million per annum (roughly N11.6m a month), that means she is richer than MOST of the showbiz celebrities in Nigeria!. The envy and resentment will increase rapidly now that the news is out.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by MisterLongman(m): 8:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
pro01:
This girl should watch her back. I'm sure many haters and envious people are eager to bring her down by any means. Hope she is taking strong precautionary measures to protect herself and her hard-earned livelihood.

By the way, if she actually earns up to N140 million per annum (roughly N11.6m a month), that means she is richer than MOST of the showbiz celebrities in Nigeria!. The envy and resentment will increase rapidly now that the news is out.
So haterz are responsible for the copyright infingements undecided

2 Likes

Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by iheanyi40(m): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
She won't go down na, she's a lady she knows wah to do undecided
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by darlingnuel(m): 8:39pm On Oct 06, 2014
A few days ago, someone was ranting on Twitter how Linda has been lifting his publications without permission. I was kinda surprised... I mean... I wasn't expecting her to 'still' indulge in such, considering the level she's attained in blogging. She ought to be the one others copy from. However, I do not know how true these claims are...
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Nobody: 9:09pm On Oct 06, 2014
MisterLongman:
So haterz are responsible for the copyright infingements undecided

Haters will always manufacture reasons to bring you down. . . . I don't see too much merit in the so-called copyright infringement claim.
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
The two people who made complaints to Google(The host of LIB) to shut down her blog have since deactivated their Twitter accounts, The same accounts they used in spilling out rage.....Why? It keeps showing me "This page doesn't exist".

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAyeDee

https://mobile.twitter.com/elnathan

Modified: I just registered another Twitter account and i can see it clearly now. Thanks to the poster below.
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 06, 2014
Idrismusty97:
The two people who made complaints to Google(The host of LIB) to shut down her blog have since deactivated their Twitter accounts, The same accounts they used in spilling out rage.....Why?

https://mobile.twitter.com/MrAyeDee

https://mobile.twitter.com/elnathan

the accounts are still active why falsive comments? Abi what's your plan??
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Idrismusty97(m): 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
NOBLEDANDY:

the accounts are still active why falsive comments? Abi what's your plan??
It keeps showing me some error "That page doesn't exist blahblah". Now i can see it after re-registering, I wonder why i can see that of @elrufai and not this tho.
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by alentyno: 9:46pm On Oct 06, 2014
One chance
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by nicechic(f): 10:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
Eerhhya....no wonder i'v not been to access her blog sinccceee.

Chai...sorry Lindi baby

I pray dey fix wateva is d problem soon

1 Like

Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by ibizgirl(f): 10:40pm On Oct 06, 2014
I feel bad for her. Don't think a lot of celebrity/news bloggers have original content. But she's been accused of copying vebatim from a lot of sites and even including the same pictures. This is where she may have some problems, not modification of the posts wahtsoever. Copy right infringement is serious ish.
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Umarbaseet(m): 12:44am On Oct 07, 2014
May she overcome her problems and trials nd also learn from them. All is well...
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Isodice: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2014
pro01:

Haters will always manufacture reasons to bring you down. . . . I don't see too much merit in the so-called copyright infringement claim.
nothing lyk haters bro...erase this haters mentality of urs or is it because we 're Africans?
Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by Missmossy(f): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
Eeyah...despite all i feel for her.

2 Likes

Re: Google To Shut Down Linda Ikeji’s Blog? by itstpia1: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Ybnl Ceo Olamide Unveiled His New Signed Soldiers / Photo: Late Ojukwu With Two Of His Children While In Exile / (FUNNY PIC) When You Boasted To Your Hommies That You Are Lodging In Eko Hote

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.