Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,825 members, 7,810,169 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:25 PM

My Back Wheel Dragging Instead Of Rolling - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / My Back Wheel Dragging Instead Of Rolling (1695 Views)

Motorized Three-Wheel Tricycle Spotted In Onitsha (Photos) / Front Wheel And Rear/back Wheel Drive Cars...pros And Cons / My Steering Wheel Vibrates At High Speed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Back Wheel Dragging Instead Of Rolling by nurey(m): 8:23pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hello gurus of nairaland, my toyota sienna passenger side back wheel isn't rolling instead, it is dragging after removing the hand break, I noticed a kind of weight on the back and when I accelerate, the tire drags and my car slowly responds to acceleration.

The mecho I called just removed the tire, hammered the disk off it and scraped the brakes and told me it is because of water, please can gurus in the house shed more light on this and how to avoid its reoccurence.
Re: My Back Wheel Dragging Instead Of Rolling by Ploy(m): 8:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
It's mud, probably dried one on the brake pad or handbrake problem.
Re: My Back Wheel Dragging Instead Of Rolling by ZIMDRILL(m): 9:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
nurey:
Hello gurus of nairaland, my toyota sienna passenger side back wheel isn't rolling instead, it is dragging after removing the hand break, I noticed a kind of weight on the back and when I accelerate, the tire drags and my car slowly responds to acceleration.

The mecho I called just removed the tire, hammered the disk off it and scraped the brakes and told me it is because of water, please can gurus in the house shed more light on this and how to avoid its reoccurence.

thats a simple issue

it depends with type of mechanism you have for the hand brake, brake shoes or it works with caliper

the shoes or caliper is not releasing, as for shoes they just need ajusting i.e make it loose a bit more, if it is the caliper, you need penetrating fluid to make it loose, if it doesnt it means it has ceased and needs changing

(1) (Reply)

The N60m 2018 Lexus LC – The Sporty Lexus You’ve Been Waiting For (photos) / A Complete Cover You Can Count On. / Toyota Map On Sd Card

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.