Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,605 members, 7,809,216 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 AM

Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? (5540 Views)

Names Of Noise Makers: Do You Remember This??? (pix) / Written Your Utme Already Pls Share Your Idea On The Literature Books / Throwback: Do You Remember This?! (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 06, 2014
Throwback: Can you Remember the Literature Books you Read?
Can you remember the literature books you read while in primary and secondary school? If you can, even if its just one, share it with us and if more than one, tell us your favourite. You don't need to add the name of the author of the book.
Name the ones you can remember from primary school, junior secondary school and senior secondary sch (if you were an art student).
I would go first:
Primary School
1. Horned Animals Only and Other Stories
2. The Big Bully and Other Stories
3. Akin Goes to School
4. Chike and the River
5. Tales From School
6. Ade our Naughty Little Brother
7. The Magic Pot and Other Stories
Favourites: Number 1 (especially the story-The Pole that came to Life), 3 and 5 (especially, The Revenge)
Junior Secondary School
1. Tunde on the Run
2. Eegun Alare (Yoruba text)
3. Ijapa Tiroko (Yoruba Text)
4. Apoti Alakara (Yoruba text)
5. Peace by Pieces
6. The judgement
7. Second Chance
Favourites: Number 3 and 7
Senior Secondary School
1. The Blinkards
2. The Tempest
3. Purple Hibiscus (It was recommended but I never read it. I promised myself that I wouldn't long before I knew it was part of the textbooks we would read. But I kept my promise to myself.)
4. Women of Owu
5. The Importance of being Earnest
6. A Woman in her Prime
7. Arms of and the Man
8. Lord of the Flies ( I never finished this book. Its just so boring. In fact, I read some other novel and the main character in that novel was reading 'Lord of the Flies' but she couldn't finish reading it too. She said it was boring. Its that bad.)
9. The Old Man and the Sea (I never read this too. I can't remember exactly why but I guess its because there wasn't enough time for it.)
Favourites: 1 (very funny book, mostly because of the grammatical blunders by the characters) and 7 (lovely romance)

I still have some of these books (see the pictures below) smiley
Now, your turn...
http://schoolsmartnerd..com/2014/10/throwback-can-you-remember-literature.html?m=1

Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by datguru: 9:04pm On Oct 06, 2014
My list too much ooo
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2014
datguru:
My list too much ooo
still list some
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Oct 06, 2014
To Sir with Love by E.R Braithwaite.

Made into a film in 1967 starring Sidney Poitier.

Here is E.R Braithwaite commenting on the book in 2013.

More about the[url= http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/To_Sir,_With_Love_%28novel%29] book here[/url]
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by LOC1(m): 9:26pm On Oct 06, 2014
grin @OP Check out my list
In primary school I enjoyed reading books from the lantern series. 1. Journey to the City
2. The wicked King
3. Welcome Father Christmas
4. Too hot too handle
5. Oliver Twist
6. Tales from Shakespare.
7. One Day and a Night
Then in secondary school:
1. Trial of Jimmy Johnson
2. The Precious child
3. The Incorruptible Judge
4. Like Father Like Son
5. No Pain No Gain
6. Brume The Captain
7. The Unknown Tomorrow
8. Akuko Gagara
9. Olorunsogo
10. Apoti Alakara grin

I became a science student in senior secondary school and that was when my story book reading expenditure ended undecided
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 06, 2014
LOC1:
grin @OP Check out my list
i dont see a list..... oh.... now i get you

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Sheikwonder(m): 8:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Was a science student and therefore read little literature.However my all time favorite has to be George Orwell's 1984,I read it over and over again.
I wish there could be a modern movie remake of the book...
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Kowor(f): 9:39pm On Oct 07, 2014
Akin goes to sch
Eze goes to sch
Sugar girl
Sweet mother
Without a silver spoon
Abo and the crocodile
Oliver twist
Trial of jimmy Johnson
Ekanem and the edikaikong soup(i hope i got d spellings right)
The wicked step mother
The wicked king
The honest servant
Still borne.
A woman in her prime
Women of owu
Ige adubi
The gods are not to blame
Akpoti alakara
Eze goes to college
#abeg hand dey pain me, i don try#
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
Kowor:
Akin goes to sch
Eze goes to sch
Sugar girl
Sweet mother
Without a silver spoon
Abo and the crocodile
Oliver twist
Trial of jimmy Johnson
Ekanem and the edikaikong soup(i hope i got d spellings right)
The wicked step mother
The wicked king
The honest servant
Still borne.
A woman in her prime
Women of owu
Ige adubi
The gods are not to blame
Akpoti alakara
Eze goes to college
#abeg hand dey pain me, i don try#
lol yh.. you don try small

1 Like

Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by fanficgirl(f): 1:31am On Oct 08, 2014
Elementary school
Dog at the Door
Annie of Green Gables
A long slave book can't remember
The adventures of Huckleberry Finn
The Berenstein Bears
Dr. Seus
Parts of HAMLET
The magic school bus series

Middle School
Twelfth Night
Midsummer Night Dream
Animal Farm
Another book that talked about racism
Flowers for Algernon
The Wednesday Wars
The Little Prince
THe GIver
Forged by Fire
Some communist book
Some more I can't remember and don't have

Highschool
All Quiet on the western front
Othello
Romeo and Julliet
The crucible
Lord of the Flies which was horrible
Frankenstein the original one by Mary Shelly
Actual Odyssey. .
Of mice and men
To kill a Mockingbird
The scarlet letter
A tale of two cities
Olvid
The night circus
Twisted
Olvid

Can't remember the rest but I have kept all these books tho
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Treyknowles(m): 2:55am On Oct 08, 2014
1. Akin goes to school 2.Bola beg for food 3.The day kunle work up late 4.Ngozi goes to market(can't remember d title) 5. Apoti alakara 6. Olorun sogo 7.abike oniparaga 8. Pas a Pas 9.A woman in her prime 10.the old man and the sea.the list goes on and on
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Donfamous(m): 6:06am On Oct 08, 2014
tunde on d run,
Ijapa ati yannibo
Oliver twist
A woman in her prime,
Re: Throwback: Can You Remember The Literature Books You Read? by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
Donfamous:
tunde on d run,
Ijapa ati yannibo
Oliver twist
A woman in her prime,
oliver twist?? loved that book!!

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Kano Uni Of Science And Technology SUG President With Many Bodyguards / I Need To Share This.. Today Might Be My Last / ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.