Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,098 members, 7,821,796 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:34 PM

ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government (5544 Views)

Update On ASUU Meeting With Federal Government (pics) / ASUU: See Outcome Of Todays ASUU Meeting With Federal Government / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by craix(m): 4:48pm On Apr 22, 2017
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has expressed hope that the Federal Government would be be committed to implementing decisions of a new negotiation team on the 2009 agreements.

President of ASUU, Prof. Biodun Ogunyemi, Believes there are signs of hope from FG About 2009 agreement. The Union President who was recently interview with the New Agency of Nigeria (NAN) on yesterday in Lagos.

According to NAN, it recalls that union on November, 2016 went on one week warning strike over the non-implementation of agreement it entered into with the government in 2009.

ASUU was protesting about the reduction of budgetary allocation to the education sector, from 11 per cent in 2015, to eight per cent in 2016.

The Union were unhappy with the poor welfare of its union members and other demands.

Ogunyemi said the National Executive Committee of the union on March 6, met with the negotiating team set up by the Federal Government, to look into the issues.

“We submitted a document to the Dr Wale Babalakin-led negotiating team and we are told to give them some time to study it and get back to us.

“We hope to reconvene very soon and I think what has slowed down the process is the just concluded rehabilitation of the Abuja airport.

“It is however expected that the negotiating team will extract our mandate from the Federal Government at the end of the whole thing.

“The negotiating team should ensure that all agreements reached are implemented for the benefit of both parties, otherwise these new round of negotiation will not make any meaning,’’ Ogunyemi said.

According to the ASUU President, it is only when this is achieved that the union will get convinced that there is progress.

He appealed to all members of the union nationwide, to ensure they kept abreast with developments as they unfolded.

“I want to assure our members that their interest will always be fully protected,’’ he said.

SOURCE:http://www.thenaijaface.com/2017/04/ASUU-calls-implementation-of-2009.html

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Nobody: 8:16pm On Apr 22, 2017
Their body don dey itch them to go on strike.. We know its been long.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by crackerspub: 7:05am On Apr 23, 2017
The Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) has expressed hope that the Federal Government would be be committed to implementing decisions of a new negotiation team on the 2009 agreements.

Bubu get ear problem he can't hear you guys
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by rozayx5(m): 7:05am On Apr 23, 2017
MhizTenderly:
Their body don dey itch them to go on strike..
We know its been long.

they just carry all these mega recovered loots

carry settle that agreement undecided
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by zicjoe(m): 7:06am On Apr 23, 2017
All I see is a looming strike

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by zicjoe(m): 7:08am On Apr 23, 2017
rozayx5:

they just carry all these mega recovered loots

carry settle that agreement undecided
Make sense
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by chiedu7: 7:09am On Apr 23, 2017
make una no kill me with laff.

Una get president wey no go school, why you think say ein go wan listen to una shocked
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by iamtardey: 7:12am On Apr 23, 2017
it has always been about this 2009 shi.... ASUU be like... make dem use that ikoyi money setu us nah.
to strike don dey do dem... e don tey sha
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by serverconnect(m): 7:15am On Apr 23, 2017
This 2009 agreement with ASUU had been long, please FG, do the needful to avert strike from ASUU.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by chinawapz(m): 7:19am On Apr 23, 2017
Nawa oo....FG and ASUU part II
For your web designing and web development. Check my signature
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Nobody: 7:22am On Apr 23, 2017
FG should do money rituals for ASUU , make we rest

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Brugo(m): 7:22am On Apr 23, 2017
These lecturers have come again with their wahala. Agreement since 2009! Come on!

They should be talking about new agreements with the new government.

Troublemakers
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by TGM2015: 7:24am On Apr 23, 2017
That agreement itself is outdated, they should renew it before calling for implementation.
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by 1Rebel: 7:32am On Apr 23, 2017
Another lengthy strike looming grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by tyup(m): 7:40am On Apr 23, 2017
make them go on strike sef make person rest from all this 7am-6pm stressful classes undecided

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Nobody: 7:52am On Apr 23, 2017
Nawa oo
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by divinelove(m): 7:57am On Apr 23, 2017
cool lecturers are highly under paid ASUU shld move for salary increment without further delays.

A fresh PhD holder earns arnd 140k monthly in federal uni n dts too low they should be getting at least 350k monthly tongue tongue tongue

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by sakalisis(m): 7:59am On Apr 23, 2017
Ok
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by AntiWailer: 8:00am On Apr 23, 2017
They should go and sit down first.

A country that is just recovering from recession should not be bothered by a useless agreement

Why didn't they force Jonathan to implement it when thre was Oil Price boom and he was busy looting it.
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by jayriginal: 8:18am On Apr 23, 2017
The agreement covers a wide spectrum of issues, not just money as some here would like to think.

That said, money is important for motivation. You get what you pay for.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by ehissi(m): 8:34am On Apr 23, 2017
AntiWailer:

A country that is just recovering from recession should not be bothered by a useless agreement

Why didn't they force Jonathan to implement it when thre was Oil Price boom and he was busy looting it.

My friend go and read your book........ angry

Didnt you see where they said that in 2016 FG reneged on some of the point agreed upon in the 2009 agreement e.g reducing the budgetary allocation coming to Education sector.

The Buhari Administration reneged on some of the points agreed upon and that was one of the things that prompted the warning strike of November 2016....... angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by KingRexUb(m): 10:01am On Apr 23, 2017
I smell STRIKE

Assu na thunder way day strike every year
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Yormit442: 11:28am On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:
cool lecturers are highly under paid ASUU shld move for salary increment without further delays.

A fresh PhD holder earns arnd 140k monthly in federal uni n dts too low they should be getting at least 350k monthly tongue tongue tongue
bro how true is your statement?
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by divinelove(m): 11:33am On Apr 23, 2017
Yormit442:

bro how true is your statement?

Dts true it's d corrupt practices in the system they exploit to survive otherwise d salary no reach entry level pay for some graduate jobs

1 Like

Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by R3m0t3C0ntr01(m): 12:30pm On Apr 23, 2017
grin I don't know if it is only me o...
But I always enjoy and support all these ASUU strikes when I was in UNIBEN. Lol!
At the end of the day, I still used exactly 4 years and 3 days.
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Nobody: 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
Brugo:
These lecturers have come again with their wahala. Agreement since 2009! Come on!

They should be talking about new agreements with the new government.

Troublemakers
The government should implement that one first
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Nobody: 5:24pm On Apr 23, 2017
divinelove:

Of what use is salary increase when inflation will set in
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Nobody: 5:25pm On Apr 23, 2017
AntiWailer:

They did but Jonathan was deaf to them, hope PMB wouldn't
Re: ASUU Calls Implementation Of 2009 Agreements With Federal Government by Nobody: 5:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
R3m0t3C0ntr01:

grin I don't know if it is only me o...
But I always enjoy and support all these ASUU strikes when I was in UNIBEN. Lol!
At the end of the day, I still used exactly 4 years and 3 days.
Uniben be chairman for strike Mata.if dem non join, ASUU strike neva start

(1) (Reply)

Video Of Kano Uni Of Science And Technology SUG President With Many Bodyguards / Uk Universities Review(for Masters Degree) / Federal Polytechnic Nekede Owerri Putme Cut Off Mark

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.