Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,742 members, 7,824,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? (1140 Views)

Did Anyone Ascend Into Heaven Before Jesus Or Not? / Non-muslims Only: Jesus Or Mohammed / Jesus Or Mohammed: A Brief Look At 25 Differences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by SisterMe(f): 11:43pm On Oct 06, 2014
I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King. -Isaiah 43:15. ; Jehovah here says He is the King of the Jews

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. -Isaiah 44:6. Again here Jehovah calls Himself the King of Israel (the Jews)

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. -Matthew 2:2. Here, Jesus is referred to as the one born King of the Jews.

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. -Zechariah 9:9
All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, -Matthew 21:4
Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an "a s s", and a colt the foal of an "a s s". -Matthew 21:5
And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, -Matthew 21:6
And brought the a s s, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. -Matthew 21:7

So here Jesus fulfilled the Zechariah prophecy, riding into Jerusalem on an a s s as the King of the Jews.

So who then is the real King of the Jews, if Jesus is not Jehovah in human flesh?
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by Nobody: 11:45pm On Oct 06, 2014
Stupidest Thread Ever.

1 Like

Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by braine(m): 1:24am On Oct 07, 2014
TrollMan:
Stupidest Thread Ever.
I tell you. Christians tho.
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by SisterMe(f): 7:17am On Oct 07, 2014
TrollMan:
Stupidest Thread Ever.

Why is it stupid? Its a simple question. If you have an opinion, say it. if you don't , would ' nt it be wiser for you to just pass by quietly? What if it is inspired by God.. You would have blasphemed..
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by SisterMe(f): 7:21am On Oct 07, 2014
The scripture clearly identified Jehovah and Jesus as the King of the Jews, but many say they are two different people. In which case they should have been referred to as Kings of the Jews.

someone is going to say soon, " its a mystery that you cant understand" . I dont see what I cant understand here.
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by ice234: 8:55am On Oct 07, 2014
This question should exist in the first place.

Jesus said "I and my father are one" meaning such as the glory of the father is such as the glory of the son and of the Holy spirit. They are co-equal in Majesty, power, glory etc.
Therefore be it the father, or the son or the holy spirit. All are king of the Jews, cause they all rule of the jews. They here is showing three personality but in actual sense there is only one personality (the Blessed and Holy Trinity)
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by SisterMe(f): 11:41am On Oct 07, 2014
ice234:
This question should exist in the first place.

Jesus said "I and my father are one" meaning such as the glory of the father is such as the glory of the son and of the Holy spirit. They are co-equal in Majesty, power, glory etc.
Therefore be it the father, or the son or the holy spirit. All are king of the Jews, cause they all rule of the jews. They here is showing three personality but in actual sense there is only one personality (the Blessed and Holy Trinity)

My dear, what you are saying is contrary to the Jews cardinal commandment "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: -Deuteronomy 6:4". There is no room for trinity in the Old Testament Law to the Jews. Did their God decieve them or did He lie to them? If not, there must still only be one Lord in the same context in which the Jews have always known their God- as one Person, not three. And if that be the case, then it can only mean, for Jesus to be truly who He said He was, that He was Jehovah in human flesh.
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by ice234: 1:42pm On Oct 07, 2014
We are saying same thing from different angle.
Half a dozen and six is one and same thing right?

The Lord our God is ONE (Trinity is ONE). Three personality yet still one.
You are still serving one God, but we are saying that there is God the father, the son and the Holy spirit. Yet it is still one God.
So you see we are saying same thing from different angle.
SisterMe:

My dear, what you are saying is contrary to the Jews cardinal commandment "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD: -Deuteronomy 6:4". There is no room for trinity in the Old Testament Law to the Jews. Did their God decieve them or did He lie to them? If not, there must still only be one Lord in the same context in which the Jews have always known their God- as one Person, not three. And if that be the case, then it can only mean, for Jesus to be truly who He said He was, that He was Jehovah in human flesh.
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by ice234: 1:50pm On Oct 07, 2014
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Essence of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Essence of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood by God. One altogether; not by confusion of Essence; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of the God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by SisterMe(f): 8:55pm On Oct 07, 2014
ice234:
Whosoever will be saved, before all things it is necessary that he hold the catholic faith. Which faith except every one do keep whole and undefiled; without doubt he shall perish everlastingly. And the catholic faith is this: That we worship one God in Trinity, and Trinity in Unity; Neither confounding the Persons; nor dividing the Essence. For there is one Person of the Father; another of the Son; and another of the Holy Ghost. But the Godhead of the Father, of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost, is all one; the Glory equal, the Majesty coeternal. Such as the Father is; such is the Son; and such is the Holy Ghost. The Father uncreated; the Son uncreated; and the Holy Ghost uncreated. The Father unlimited; the Son unlimited; and the Holy Ghost unlimited. The Father eternal; the Son eternal; and the Holy Ghost eternal. And yet they are not three eternals; but one eternal. As also there are not three uncreated; nor three infinites, but one uncreated; and one infinite. So likewise the Father is Almighty; the Son Almighty; and the Holy Ghost Almighty. And yet they are not three Almighties; but one Almighty. So the Father is God; the Son is God; and the Holy Ghost is God. And yet they are not three Gods; but one God. So likewise the Father is Lord; the Son Lord; and the Holy Ghost Lord. And yet not three Lords; but one Lord. For like as we are compelled by the Christian verity; to acknowledge every Person by himself to be God and Lord; So are we forbidden by the catholic religion; to say, There are three Gods, or three Lords. The Father is made of none; neither created, nor begotten. The Son is of the Father alone; not made, nor created; but begotten. The Holy Ghost is of the Father and of the Son; neither made, nor created, nor begotten; but proceeding. So there is one Father, not three Fathers; one Son, not three Sons; one Holy Ghost, not three Holy Ghosts. And in this Trinity none is before, or after another; none is greater, or less than another. But the whole three Persons are coeternal, and coequal. So that in all things, as aforesaid; the Unity in Trinity, and the Trinity in Unity, is to be worshipped. He therefore that will be saved, let him thus think of the Trinity.

Furthermore it is necessary to everlasting salvation; that he also believe faithfully the Incarnation of our Lord Jesus Christ. For the right Faith is, that we believe and confess; that our Lord Jesus Christ, the Son of God, is God and Man; God, of the Essence of the Father; begotten before the worlds; and Man, of the Essence of his Mother, born in the world. Perfect God; and perfect Man, of a reasonable soul and human flesh subsisting. Equal to the Father, as touching his Godhead; and inferior to the Father as touching his Manhood. Who although he is God and Man; yet he is not two, but one Christ. One; not by conversion of the Godhead into flesh; but by assumption of the Manhood by God. One altogether; not by confusion of Essence; but by unity of Person. For as the reasonable soul and flesh is one man; so God and Man is one Christ; Who suffered for our salvation; descended into hell; rose again the third day from the dead. He ascended into heaven, he sitteth on the right hand of the God the Father Almighty, from whence he will come to judge the living and the dead. At whose coming all men will rise again with their bodies; And shall give account for their own works. And they that have done good shall go into life everlasting; and they that have done evil, into everlasting fire. This is the catholic faith; which except a man believe truly and firmly, he cannot be saved.

In answer, i quote this from the internet
The Trinity doctrine is the sharp edge of Satan’s sword to destroy and divide.

It is just like the Word of God who is sharper than a two edged sword which divides error from the truth (Hebr.4:12).
So does Satan’s deception the Trinity divides and separates the Father from the person of the Lord Jesus Christ, contrary to the words of the Lord Himself (John 10:30) “The Father and I are ONE”. Consequently the Father and Jesus are NOT---TWO.

(John14:9) Jesus said, “He who has seen ME has seen the FATHER”, or in plain words ‘You are looking at the Father’.
Within the Trinity lies the most powerful deception to strike at the heart or the core of all Christian doctrine (teaching). It divides the Lord our God Jesus Christ into TWO or three identities or persons and demands from you to worship them.

If your physical heart is divided, then you are physically dead.
If your spiritual heart is divided, then you are spiritually dead and you desperately need to be born again just like Jesus said in (John 3-3) regardless whether you think of yourself a Christian or not.
If Christ is divided from the Father, then God would be dead and could not give you a new birth and I would be a false preacher preaching a false Gospel.

Do not be deceived or deceive yourself to believe such a lie as the Trinity, for the Lord will punish all who hold, preach and teach the master deception of Satan ‘the TRINITY’.
The Lord makes no distinction between Christian, Pastor, CEO or Clergies of any kind.
Therefore make your calling and election sure (2 Peter 1:10) and see whether you are in the faith or not.
The Lord forgives all our sins and transgressions and shows love and kindness to a thousand generations to ALL of those who love Him and are called according to His purpose.
The doctrine of God is clear and simple;
There is ONE person in ONE God, Jesus Christ the Lord.
Beside Him there is NO OTHER GOD, person, identity or spirit who is also God.
Jesus alone is the eternal God (Spirit) clothed in flesh and dwelled among us.

And we who are in Christ testify to His majesty dominion and power, and whoever believes in Him shall be saved and those who do not believe already stand condemned because they would not believe in the only one whom God has sent.
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by Image123(m): 9:41pm On Oct 07, 2014
Jesus is God, simple. Trinity
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by BabaGnoni: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2014
SisterMe:

In answer, i quote this from the internet

I hope you remember you had an ostrich syndrome, when I hinted you a few months back on a separate thread that 1 John 5:7 was doctored
(i.e. this obviously done by KJV translators and other "Trinity" proponents).

You succumbed to an ostrich-like behavior, preferred to ignore the info and replied back, saying that, well you aren't aware of any additions to the bible and/or don't know anything about additions etcetera

The "in heaven: the Father, the Word and the Holy Spirit, and these three are one" in 1 John 5:7 is a latter addition
(i.e. it is not found in any Greek manuscript before the fourteenth century)

1 John 5:7 originally was simply "For there are three that testify:"
and
1 John 5:8: followed as "the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement."

PS: Wow, OP and roteyy viewing this at the same time, and I actually thought until now that roteyy and OP were the same person.
Sorry. Not anymore smiley
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by SisterMe(f): 1:06am On Oct 18, 2016
This is still a valid question..even after two years..my goodness God is awesome..okay has anyone seen the light from the scriptures I posted here?
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by SisterMe(f): 10:06am On Oct 18, 2016
Anyone?! embarassed embarassed
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by DoctorAlien(m): 11:21am On Oct 18, 2016
SisterMe:
Anyone?! embarassed embarassed
Are you trying to ascertain the validity of the doctrine of Trinity?
Re: Who Is The King Of The Jews: Jesus Or Jehovah? by dolphinheart(m): 6:27pm On Oct 18, 2016
SisterMe:
I am the LORD, your Holy One, the creator of Israel, your King. -Isaiah 43:15. ; Jehovah here says He is the King of the Jews

Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; and beside me there is no God. -Isaiah 44:6. Again here Jehovah calls Himself the King of Israel (the Jews)

Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him. -Matthew 2:2. Here, Jesus is referred to as the one born King of the Jews.

Rejoice greatly, O daughter of Zion; shout, O daughter of Jerusalem: behold, thy King cometh unto thee: he is just, and having salvation; lowly, and riding upon an ass, and upon a colt the foal of an ass. -Zechariah 9:9
All this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet, saying, -Matthew 21:4
Tell ye the daughter of Sion, Behold, thy King cometh unto thee, meek, and sitting upon an "a s s", and a colt the foal of an "a s s". -Matthew 21:5
And the disciples went, and did as Jesus commanded them, -Matthew 21:6
And brought the a s s, and the colt, and put on them their clothes, and they set him thereon. -Matthew 21:7

So here Jesus fulfilled the Zechariah prophecy, riding into Jerusalem on an a s s as the King of the Jews.

So who then is the real King of the Jews, if Jesus is not Jehovah in human flesh?

when one studies the scriptures, it will be easy to understand some issues that seem confusing .
The scripture has shown that jesus and jehovah are not same person or same entity, this we can discern when we look at the prophecies Jehovah made about jesus and how jesus fulfilled them.

The issue of " king of isreal is easy to understand, look at the following scriptures:

[b]1Sa 8:7and Jehovah said to Samuel: “Listen to everything the people say to you; for it is not you whom they have rejected, but it is I whom they have rejected as their king.

2Sa 5:12And David knew that Jehovah had firmly established him as king over Israel and had exalted his kingdom for the sake of His people Israel.

Ps 47:2For Jehovah the Most High is awe-inspiring; He is the great King over all the earth.

Ps 2:6Saying: “I myself have installed my king On Zion, my holy mountain.”

Lu 1:32, 33 This one will be great and will be called Son of the Most High, and Jehovah God will give him the throne of David his father
,33and he will rule as King over the house of Jacob forever, and there will be no end to his Kingdom.”

Joh 1:49Na·thanʹa·el responded: “Rabbi, you are the Son of God, you are King of Israel.”

Jer 23:5“Look! The days are coming,” declares Jehovah, “when I will raise up to David a righteous sprout. And a king will reign and show insight and uphold justice and righteousness in the land.

Mt 1:1The book of the history of Jesus Christ, son of David, son of Abraham:[/b]

so do not be deceived by trinitarians, that jesus is king does not mean that jesus is jehovah. jesus is God's son, Jesus is not the God he is the son of.
study the prophecies, study it's fulfilment!, jesus is not the most high, he sits at the right hand of the most high

(1) (Reply)

The Key To Understanding The Spiritual Realms Of Authority / lucifer Rising ;2015 Hell Fire Crusade. / Pakistani Christian Boy Dies After Being Set On Fire By Young Muslim Extremists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.