Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,727 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:05 PM

The Spiritual Battle Against The Behemoth Of Islam - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Spiritual Battle Against The Behemoth Of Islam (763 Views)

Spiritual Battle Between Pastor & Herbalist In Ghana - PICS / Chris Okotie: 'Buhari’s Battle Against Grex Venalium' / Pastor In A Live Spiritual Battle With Juju Priest (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Spiritual Battle Against The Behemoth Of Islam by bestads(m): 6:34am On Oct 07, 2014
http://www.charismanews.com/opinion/watchman-on-the-wall/45632-the-spiritual-battle-against-the-behemoth-of-islam?utm_medium=MostPopularArticles_UnderArticle

An ancient behemoth has mounted an antichrist campaign to eradicate the gospel from the Earth. The behemoth of Islam is unleashing religious terror unlike anything our generation has witnessed—and steadily advancing in the nations.

John Eckhardt, overseer of Crusaders Ministries in Chicago, explains that behemoths are spiritual strongholds that must be broken in order to see millions of people released from darkness and come into the glorious light of the knowledge of Jesus Christ.

You can find a scriptural reference in Job 40:15: "Look now at the behemoth, which I made along with you; he eats grass like an ox." Merriam-Webster actually defines behemoth as "a mighty animal described in Job 40:15-24 as an example of the power of God" and "something of monstrous size, power or appearance."

"A behemoth is any system large enough in size or power to oppress multitudes of people," Eckhardt explains. "It can be a religious, political, cultural or economic system—and even a blend of those, as in the case with communism. Behemoths are erected by the enemy to keep the gospel out and multitudes of people in darkness."

It's abundantly clear that the behemoth of Islam is rising.

Iraqi Christians are facing extinction as leaders of this demonic movement gain momentum in a holy war that aims to establish a caliphate (an Islamic-ruled state) led by a religious and political leader (caliph) who is a successor to the Islamic prophet Muhammad. Whether you call it ISIS, ISIL or the Islamic State, the behemoth of Islam and its radical jihadist adherents are releasing heart-gripping fear through propaganda and beheadings of men, women and children in a quest to dominate the nations of the Earth.

Political and prophetic voices alike are warning the Islamic State will wreak natural havoc on Western soil if we don't rise up against it. Rick Joyner, founder of Morningstar Ministries, issued a warning after receiving a disturbing prophetic dream about ISIS's intent in America.

"I have done in-depth studies of the cruelty in the Middle Ages, but this was a whole new level of demonic cruelty. It wasn't just about killing people," Joyner said. "It was about bringing as much absolute pain, terror and everything else you can before death."

Considering the gruesome images circulating in Islamic media that show jihadists herding Christians like cattle to mass executions and Muslim extremists sawing off people's heads with small knives, Joyner's prophetic experience is not far-fetched. In response to the violence, America has launched airstrikes that have merely inflamed this behemoth's hatred and spawned more terrifying threats against the nation.

Former U.K. Prime Minister Tony Blair believes we need boots on the ground to defeat ISIS, but the truth is we need knees on the floor. In other words, we need to engage in effective, fervent spiritual warfare prayer against this behemoth spirit. This ancient stronghold is not easily broken—but it must bow to the Name of Jesus.

Cindy Jacobs, co-founder of Generals International, bore witness to Joyner's dream but offered hope and prophetic insight as to how to respond in an age where the reality of Luke 21:26—men's hearts failing them for fear—seems to be upon us.

"It's important not to get into fear. Fear and faith don't mix," Jacobs said, noting that she prays Psalm 91 for protection every day. "We need to pray for the president. We need to pray for the Pentagon. We need to pray for the Congress. We need to cry out for wisdom. Regardless of different partisan beliefs, we are commanded to pray for them. We must pray for them. Our future depends on our prayers ... and trust God that if we pray He will protect us. This is His Word, and these are His promises. God warns to protect."

Amen. I don't have all the answers about judgment and revival and retribution and awakening. Dutch Sheets has a prophetic revelation about our nation's first flag—long before the stars and stripes—which declares an "Appeal to Heaven" and depicts an evergreen tree signaling our covenant with our Everlasting God. Sheets is bringing hope to hundreds of thousands with his message even while Joyner and others are having dreams and visions of terror in our land.

Again, I don't have all the answers, but like David Ravenhill, the son of the late revivalist Leonard Ravenhill, I believe both prophetic perspectives are right. And I believe Jacobs' interpretation and application serve both sides of the prophetic coin: We need to pray, groan, travail and otherwise enter into Spirit-led intercession for this nation as we never have before to abate the enemy's plans.

There's no denying that the spirit of behemoth—this behemoth of Islam that's spawning radical extremism that is threatening our borders—must bow to the Name of Jesus. It's going to take more than binding the devil, though. It's going to take living and breathing a Scripture we're all especially familiar with right now:

"If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land" (2 Chron. 7:14).

Yes, we need to pray—but we need to do more than pray. We need to get busy being the church, labor to bring in the harvest, and reject any compromise of God's Word in our lives. Please hear me. Wake up. It's worse than you can see with your natural eyes. The time is short. Amen.

(1) (Reply)

Who Wrote The Bible And Quran ? / Cafeteria Christianity: Why Do You Cherrypick The Bible? / Truth About Giving.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.