Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch (892 Views)

Pastor Anita Oyakhilome Debuts New Look (Photo) / Christ Embassy New Twist: Pastor Chris Removed As Trustee Of Church’s U.k Branch / 10 Terrible Scandals Of Pastor Oyakhilome, As Wife Claims Adultery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch by smada13(m): 6:42am On Oct 07, 2014
The squabble between the founder of Believers
Love World (aka Christ Embassy) Pastor Chris
Oyakhilome, and his wife, Anita, has further
worsened with Mr Oyakhilome now removed as a
trustee of a United Kingdom’s branch of the
church.
According to Premium Times, with Mr.
Oyakhilome’s removal, his wife, Anita, now
presides over a seven-man Board of Trustees
(BoT) of the N8.2 billion rich branch.
The six other members of the board are Obi
Chiemeka, Ifeoma Onubogu, Nkem Odiakah,
Raymond Okocha, Tony Obi and Uche Onubogu, all
pastors believed to be loyal to Mrs. Oyakhilome.
Mrs. Oyakhilome has for long headed the U.K
branch of the church, when the going was good
between her and her husband. Until what appears
his sudden removal, he had since inception
presided over the BoT of the charity.
The new development suggests that in addition to
the matrimonial squabble the couple is having, an
intense power struggle and battle for the soul of
the U.K. branch of the church might be going on
between the estranged lovers and partners as well.
In fact, Mr. Oyakhilome had dropped the first hint
that there might be a hierarchical row in the church
when he reportedly accused his wife of acting like
an equal and wanting to overpower the authorities
of the elders she met in the church.
A review of documents filed by the church’s UK
branch to the Charity Commission of England and
Wales, now show that Mr. Oyakhilome is no
longer a registered trustee of a branch of his
church with total asset worth over N8.2 billion (£31
million).
Until his recent but abrupt removal, Mr.
Oyakhilome was consistently listed as a prominent
trustee, since 1996, when the branch was
established.
Contrary to the church’s practice of stating
reasons for the removal of trustees in the past, no
reason has been given for the removal of Pastor
Oyakhilome.
It is unclear whether the explanation for the action
would be given in the church’s annual report for
2013 which is yet to be made public by the charity
commission.
According to the church’s financial statement, in
2009, five pastors were removed from the
church’s BoT after they resigned from their
positions. That same year, two others were
appointed.
A Charity Commission spokesperson, Sarah
Hitchings, explained that it was not the concern of
the commission to know why charities remove or
replace their trustees.
The international office of Christ Embassy refused
to respond to questions sent through email neither
did the international audit and accounting firm,
Mazars, appointed by the Charity Commission to
run the affairs of the church after it opened
statutory inquiry into the finances of the church
following suspicious payment it made to connected
parties worth N941 million between 2008 and 2012.
However, church insiders claim the removal of the
pastor was a plot by his wife to take total control of
the affairs of the branch even as her relationship
with her husband of two decades deteriorates.
With his ouster, those who should know said Mr.
Oyakhilome has lost the locus to interfere in the
affairs of that branch of the church.
“He has been effectively sidelined,” a church
insider said. “The law in the U.K. does not
recognise him as an interested party in that branch
of the church anymore.”

source: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/pastor-oyakhilome-removed-as-trustee-of-church-s-uk-branch/190650/
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch by wesley80(m): 6:49am On Oct 07, 2014
I'm not trying to hold brief for anyone as I'll be the first to concede that's there's a whole lot going on that I'm not aware of. That said, It's been known within church circles that Pastor Chris removed himself from membership of the UK board much earlier this year and appointed two senior Pastors in the Ministry to take his place. Painting his absence from the UK board as a sign of further escalation of the riff with his wife or as a power - grab attempt by Reverend Anita is totally irresponsible.
For those that'll have their mouths and fingers running ahead of their brains because a desperate journalist just declared "open season", please do well to read Isaiah 41 : 10 - 13 and understand what you're up against. #nuffsaid
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch by RoyalRoy(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2014
wesley80:
I'm not trying to hold brief for anyone as I'll be the first to concede that's there's a whole lot going on that I'm not aware. That said, It's been known within church circles that Pastor Chris removed himself from membership of the UK board much earlier this year and appointed two senior Pastors in the Ministry to take his place. Painting his absence from the UK board as a sign of further escalation of the riff with his wife or as a power - grab attempt by Reverend Anita is totally irresponsible.
For those that'll have their mouths and fingers running ahead of their brains because a desperate journalist just declared "open season", please do well to read Isaiah 41 : 10 - 13 and understand what you're up against. #nuffsaid

Hmmm
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch by smada13(m): 10:47am On Oct 07, 2014
wesley80:
I'm not trying to hold brief for anyone as I'll be the first to concede that's there's a whole lot going on that I'm not aware of. That said, It's been known within church circles that Pastor Chris removed himself from membership of the UK board much earlier this year and appointed two senior Pastors in the Ministry to take his place. Painting his absence from the UK board as a sign of further escalation of the riff with his wife or as a power - grab attempt by Reverend Anita is totally irresponsible.

give us a link showing where that was done or announced.....this won't be out had that been done earlier... as for the Isaiah stuff if Jesus can be criticised and talked about, who is oyakhilome..... a false preacher for that matter

his end is near
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch by wesley80(m): 10:51am On Oct 07, 2014
smada13:

give us a link showing where that was done or announced.....this won't be out had that been done earlier... as for the Isaiah stuff if Jesus can be criticised and talked about, who is oyakhilome..... a false preacher for that matter

his end is near

Come and wiretap my ass and you'll have your link straight from source.
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch by smada13(m): 10:57am On Oct 07, 2014
wesley80:

Come and wiretap my ass and you'll have your link straight from source.

we know people like u
Re: Pastor Oyakhilome Removed As Trustee Ofchurch’s UK Branch by Nobody: 12:01pm On Oct 07, 2014
Antelopes and turkeys.

(1) (Reply)

Stop The Bokos / Pastor Tunde Bakare Visited Ota Shrine / Question For Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.