Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:06 AM

Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? (1627 Views)

What Is The Coolest Course You Can Study At A Nigerian University?(see Responses / Best Course You Did In School / Worst Course You Took In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2014
If you don't, WHY?

We will like to know, we can help offer you some valuable insights to managing your situation.

Share your experiences via commenting below. Thank you.

Re: Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by PAO429: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2014
I am studying geology...is a very good course but is not my thing at all ...m not enjoying it I only discovered in my second year and now m graduating nxt month...it all started when my first grades was bad I tried 2 make it good and along the line found out that m d lazy type wen it comes 2 study and the way lecturers in d department is annoying..beging of semester de won't come 2 class until a month 2 exam..de don't follow time table..anyways I don't wanna blame anyone for my failure ... I guess i will be having extension but I belive God 4 miracle
Re: Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by Nobody: 7:47am On Oct 07, 2014
Same here,am studying building engineering technology,while i applied for civil engineering....its a nice course though but enjoyNOPE
Re: Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by eleojo23: 7:49am On Oct 07, 2014
Brb
Re: Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by Nobody: 3:32am On Oct 08, 2014
@PAO429: Firstly I want to assure that you have not failed, and I mean it. Secondly, congratulations on graduating next month.
Every experience in life is a guide to knowing our true self. I know you don't enjoy geology, but at least you now know what you don't like :-) From now till when you graduate, I will advice you take time to discover within yourself what you really enjoy doing; that is if you don't know already. If you do know what you enjoy, I will recommend you start taking short courses online or in person classes depending on your financial situation in the area of what you do enjoy. If you are financially capable I will also suggest you get your Masters degree in something you enjoy. If what you enjoy involves learning a skill, take the necessary steps to get you trained.
You might not have enjoyed the Geology course but you learned responsibility (I don't wanna blame anyone for my failure) and perseverance (now am graduating next month). Remember there are no failures only experiences... Keep me updated about your progress :-)
Thank you for reading our post.
Re: Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by Nobody: 3:53am On Oct 08, 2014
@samflexx: Thank you for taking time out to read our post. Your situation is similar to PAO429, however I believe that what you are studying now (Building Engineering Technology) can be highly beneficial to you and it is in the same family of what you would rather be studying (Civil Engineering). How far gone are you in the Building Engineering Technology program? If you are a first year student, maybe you can change your course to Civil Engineering. Alternatively you can opt to take additional classes in Civil Engineering to fulfill your love for the course. I don't believe that any learning experience is useless and in your situation I think you will find the Building Engineering Technology program useful in the future. Also if you are financially capable you can get a Masters in Civil Engineering. Hang in there if you can't switch your course at this stage and always remember that technology is the way of the future, it will be a great asset for you to have. :-)

1 Like

Re: Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by Nobody: 5:08am On Oct 08, 2014
DreamNavigators:
@samflexx: Thank you for taking time out to read our post. Your situation is similar to PAO429, however I believe that what you are studying now (Building Engineering Technology) can be highly beneficial to you and it is in the same family of what you would rather be studying (Civil Engineering). How far gone are you in the Building Engineering Technology program? If you are a first year student, maybe you can change your course to Civil Engineering. Alternatively you can opt to take additional classes in Civil Engineering to fulfill your love for the course. I don't believe that any learning experience is useless and in your situation I think you will find the Building Engineering Technology program useful in the future. Also if you are financially capable you can get a Masters in Civil Engineering. Hang in there if you can't switch your course at this stage and always remember that technology is the way of the future, it will be a great asset for you to have. :-)
Thanks so much,Jah bless.

1 Like

Re: Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? by africandictator(m): 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
history and strategic studies. i am a fresher

(1) (Reply)

Please Is It Possible To Buy Two Post Utme Forms?, / We are winning / All You Need To Know About Unilag Foundation/diploma Programme

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.