Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,911 members, 7,956,422 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 11:40 AM

An Exhausted Spouse Has Little To Give! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / An Exhausted Spouse Has Little To Give! (524 Views)

My Wife Has Little Or No Urge For Intimacy. Possible Causes & Solutions. / What If You Find Out That Your Spouse Has Children Outside Your Marriage But ... / What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

An Exhausted Spouse Has Little To Give! by victorr4uu(m): 7:58am On Oct 07, 2014
Deliberately issuing a dud cheque is often considered a fraudulent act, and treated as a criminal offence in a lot of countries. May I point out that aside minor issues such as irregular signatures, stale-dated cheques, and the like, insufficient funds is the main reason why many cheques bounce.

EMOTIONAL BURNOUT
The situation described above is similar to burning out emotionally. It is a situation in which a spouse experiences chronic stress, usually as a result of constantly trying to meet demands which require far more than the resources at his or her disposal.

REALITY CHECK
Have you driven yourself too hard, running in different directions, trying to achieve your targets, such that you have little energy ('bouncing cheques') left for your marriage? If left unchecked, this can ruin your health, happiness, and relationships.

The last thing a burnt-out spouse is thinking about is how to be romantic.

ASSIGNMENT: Carve out a special time to spend by yourself; what I call 'Me time'. The purpose of this is to identify and address your major stressors in order to reprioritize and restrategize.

Victor Akunna
Foundation for Family Affairs

Twitter: @FamilyAffairs05
Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/FamilyAffairs05
BBM Pin 73E8821E
ROMANCE MASTERCLASS
Re: An Exhausted Spouse Has Little To Give! by leonard509(m): 8:05am On Oct 07, 2014
Jic

(1) (Reply)

Dealing With Cultural And Traditional Differences In Marriage / Why You Should Have A Pot Belly / He Thinks I Am A Fool For Telling Him The Truth In Learning How To Drive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.