Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,423 members, 7,850,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 11:20 PM

What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock (1572 Views)

what does Nigerian law say about children born out of wedlock? / Should A Woman Lie About Having A Child Outside Wedlock?? / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock by minniepoe(f): 4:52pm On May 29, 2007
Women, what would you do if you found out your husband has a child outside wedlock? men please contirbute as some women have kids before getting married and did not tell their spouse
Re: What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock by ikamefa(f): 6:01pm On May 29, 2007
a very tricky question! depends on a lot of things:

when he had the child

how he had the child(circumstances surrounding his/her birth)

reason/reasons why i did not know, about it till the truth came out!

if its simply cos he was cheating on me after our marriage and he had the child?

am kicking him to the kerb! shikena!
Re: What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock by Chay(f): 4:02pm On Jun 05, 2007
I would be naturally upset but after i've gotten over it, i'll ask him to bring the child to the house thats if the mother agrees and raise him/her as mine. Why i said this is cos i know of a family that the dad had a child out of wedlock and the girl grew up abused and all but she still looked for her dad and siblings. The child is innocent of its parents sins so it shouldn't be punished for something they had no choice over.

1 Like

Re: What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock by Zeebu(f): 6:04pm On Jan 09, 2008
i'll accept my faith and accept the child, anything for love.
Re: What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock by almondjoy(f): 11:05pm On Jan 09, 2008
The solutions are many. It is not the 8th wonder of the world so any of the possiblities available would be explored. Every problem has a solution.

But till then sha. kiss
Re: What Would You Do If You Found Out Your Spouse Has A Child Outside Wedlock by SweetT1: 11:10pm On Jan 09, 2008
@Minniepo

What would i do ??

Pack mmy things and leave that son of a B*tch.

(1) (Reply)

Can You Marry From Aluu Community? / Help!!! My Friends Wife To Be Is From ALUU Village / What Do You Think?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.