Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,974 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:53 AM

He Wants To Know Why The Position Is Vacant - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / He Wants To Know Why The Position Is Vacant (628 Views)

From Ordinary Accounts Officer Position. Is Diz Really Gonna Work Out? / Job Position Is Available At A Reputable Drycleaning Firm Sil Garment Care In I / Driver Needed ASAP. Start Date April 1st Position is filled and closed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

He Wants To Know Why The Position Is Vacant by CVWizards(m): 9:26am On Oct 07, 2014
Email from a fan.

“Good day CV Wizards. I very much appreciate the good work you guys are doing and I’m going to invite all my friends to like your page. Now to the issue at hand. I received an invite for an interview last Thursday. Actually, there was an advert for this position last year in this same company but I didn’t apply. This year again, I saw the same job advert and applied. Now I have been invited for an interview. It’s either the previous person was sacked or he died or he left for greener pastures. How can I find out why the position is vacant since I don’t know anybody in that company?”

It’s a good idea to know why the position is vacant. At least that will help you know whether or not the job will be appealing to you, considering the fact that some employers are very difficult to work with. I suggest You wait till the interview and ask the interviewer in person. Here’s how to put your question, “Is this a new position? If not, why did the previous employee leave?” Please wait till the end of the interview before asking, so that you don’t look too curious. He may not give You all the details, but from his answer You should be able to form your opinion of the company and the position.

Another alternative is to arrive the venue early and find-out from the gate man or any other staff.

Friends, could you please help out here. Besides asking the interviewer, what other means can be of help?

About Us:

CV Wizards is a one-stop shop for job seekers in Nigeria. Our services include:

* Professional CV writing
* Cover letter writing
* LinkedIn profile writing
* Interview coaching

Visit www.cvwizards.com.ng to learn more about us and how we can help you secure your dream job. Also visit http://www.blog.cvwizards.com.ng everyday for FREE job search articles.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy: Marketing And Communication Intern / Pharmacist Vacancy / System Administrator Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.