Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,153 members, 7,818,487 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu (30484 Views)

A Picture Gallery Of Igbo Traditional Marriage Ceremony "Igbankwu" / Italian Couple Perform Igbo Traditional Wedding Rites / Igba Nkwu Nwanyi (igbo Traditional Wedding Ceremony) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Paradise163(f): 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2014
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by makazona(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2014
what about okanga?

1 Like

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Arysexy(m): 12:07pm On Dec 22, 2014
Izaga dance nko.

1 Like

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by tiswell(m): 12:08pm On Dec 22, 2014
Igbo and their rich and glamourous culture

Proudly ezigbo nwa afo!
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by makazona(m): 12:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
yuzedo:

YOOOO!!!! THIS IS MY MOTHERF*CKING SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or literally translated:

"Heyyyyyyy Chineke Nna!!!! Ihe a bu my motherfucken nsi!!!!!!!!" cool cool cool cool kiss kiss kiss kiss tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

lolz.ara ga gba nri ara nwanne
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 22, 2014
Atllogwu, Igba Eze, Ikoro are my best. Love Igbo culture. Omenala awughi ikpa aru. #NwaAba #Creativepeople
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by manchy7531: 12:20pm On Dec 22, 2014
What of egwu Ahamba in mbaise?

But seriously igbo culture is the best and am proud to be one.

If you ain't igbo, then you are missing.Ndo

4 Likes

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by DEllaluv(f): 12:41pm On Dec 22, 2014
Atilogwu-dose ppl dey try wella

ogene music and igba eze,cooool

Nyc 1 Op
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by happyzed0(f): 12:59pm On Dec 22, 2014
Interestin. Will luv 2 marry an igbo man ooo

1 Like

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Okeycima: 1:09pm On Dec 22, 2014
The one i would love to learn is OJA(FLUTE).i really love that

2 Likes

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Nobody: 1:29pm On Dec 22, 2014
Igbo tradition, the richest culture in tha whole wild Africa. . if you think am lying go ask Nollywood.
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by puresystem: 1:36pm On Dec 22, 2014
This particular picture is igbo yam festival..at Smithfield Dublin ireland 2008..was there live..i think.some kings came from naija for the occasion

2 Likes

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by basilo101: 3:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
Aku na-eche enyi
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by hushmail: 3:45pm On Dec 22, 2014
op u really tried. Atleast i will score u 70%, which is an 'A'

first Mgba is not a dance.

The Ikoro is not used as a dance instrument, rather it is used for summons during emergencies.

there are several Igbo masquerades not mentioned. Never mind some posters mentioning masquerades from akwa ibom and cross river states as Igbo masquerades. I didnt see Agaba, neither did I see Achikwu.

However in all, a non Igbo can use the material to write a thesis on Igbo traditional dances and masquerades.

1 Like

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Psuedy(f): 4:52pm On Dec 22, 2014
Igbo ndi oma..Igbo kwezuonu ooo!!!
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by cococandy(f): 6:13pm On Dec 22, 2014
yuzedo:

YOOOO!!!! THIS IS MY MOTHERF*CKING SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or literally translated:

"Heyyyyyyy Chineke Nna!!!! Ihe a bu my motherfucken nsi!!!!!!!!" cool cool cool cool kiss kiss kiss kiss tongue tongue cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
grin

Onye ara
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ebukaOtika(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2014
exposureworld:
Igba Ndi Eze (A dance for the kings) . This was used to usher in kings, titled men and women either into an arena or into an occasion.

Yes this is the Best so far ,,,, I'm a member of many of them down here in the East,,,, they call me (Otikigba 1) or (Ogbu Oja 1),,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ebukaOtika(m): 8:50pm On Dec 22, 2014
exposureworld:
Ijele – Ijele was the king masquerade, beautifully adorned, accompanied by other smaller masquerades and usually comes out last in any Igbo ceremonial event.

It is known that Once the Ijele comes into the Arena ,,,, it shows the end of Masquerades display,.,,, no other Masquerade is permitted to come out.
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ebukaOtika(m): 8:55pm On Dec 22, 2014
chimkaire:
Igba ndi eze blows my mind grin grin grin grin cool cool
Home-calling smiley smiley smiley

Nwanne m,,,, eziokwu ka ikwuru,.,,,
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ebukaOtika(m): 9:00pm On Dec 22, 2014
Okeycima:
The one i would love to learn is OJA(FLUTE).i really love that

Waow,,,, thats what i'm known for ,,,, even in my Uni ,,,, Unizik,,,, i'm known even by the present V.c , my HOD , and my Lecturers ,.,,, just because of that SMALL but MIGHTY instrument called the Oja,.,,, if you stay around AWKA ,,,, you can reach me so that i can teach you ,.,,, i dont CHARGE tho ,.,,, just my way

1 Like

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ebukaOtika(m): 9:05pm On Dec 22, 2014
hushmail:
op u really tried. Atleast i will score u 70%, which is an 'A'

first Mgba is not a dance.

The Ikoro is not used as a dance instrument, rather it is used for summons during emergencies.

there are several Igbo masquerades not mentioned. Never mind some posters mentioning masquerades from akwa ibom and cross river states as Igbo masquerades. I didnt see Agaba, neither did I see Achikwu.

However in all, a non Igbo can use the material to write a thesis on Igbo traditional dances and masquerades.

THATS VERY CORRECT OF YOU ,,,, i like meeting this type of people in life ,.,,, BRAVO ! ! !
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Stanlyag(m): 7:26am On Dec 23, 2014
Igbo flute ringtone download

Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by EagleNest(m): 1:57pm On Dec 23, 2014
More masquerades: Igba Enyi, Igba Ijele, Agaba, Okwu-nma, Ayello, Akwu na-echenyi, Izaga, Oji-onu, iga, Adanma, ugo, etc
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by Okeycima: 4:16pm On Dec 30, 2014
ebukaOtika:

Waow,,,, thats what i'm known for ,,,, even in my Uni ,,,, Unizik,,,, i'm known even by the present V.c , my HOD , and my Lecturers ,.,,, just because of that SMALL but MIGHTY instrument called the Oja,.,,, if you stay around AWKA ,,,, you can reach me so that i can teach you ,.,,, i dont CHARGE tho ,.,,, just my way
am not around there,but may hook up to u any time I find myself around dat place,Shey na ur area b that?
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ebukaOtika(m): 12:29am On Dec 31, 2014
Okeycima:
am not around there,but may hook up to u any time I find myself around dat place,Shey na ur area b that?

Yeap man ,,,, dats ma hood o
Re: Roles And Types Of Igbo Traditional Dances - By Godwin C. Nwaogwugwu by ebukaOtika(m): 12:29am On Dec 31, 2014
Okeycima:

Yeap man ,,,, dats my hood o

(1) (2) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi's Gold Louboutin Shoes (Photos) / Olori Memunat Omowumi Celebrates Her Birthday (Photos) / Know Truth About Agwu Spirit And Your Destiny

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.