Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,834 members, 7,810,209 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? (3900 Views)

Human Rights Group Calls For Commutal Of Rev King’s Sentence / Ur Opinion On Ipad Replacing Bible / Let's Talk About Gay Rights - From A Religio-Philosophical Perspective (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 7:54am On Oct 08, 2014
Felicia01, I would like to know your opinion on this. Are you in support or against same sex marriage?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by wiegraf: 8:16am On Oct 08, 2014
felicia01:

HEY! Please don't post inappropriate things. I really don't want this to be banned. Thanks!

It doesn't look inappropriate to me. Simply treating a revolting bigot the way he deserves to be treated, but that's just me.

If anything were going to be banned it would be the post, not your thread. Just report it using the 'report' button below it and if a mod deems it inappropriate he'll take action.

That said, if your thread is eventually hidden, and it likely will, it would simply be as a result of it being about LBGT. In fact, many other similar threads have already been deleted. Apparently, it's now illegal to even mention the term LBGT. I don't know about you but I think that's a GARGANTUAN problem. So, whatever organization you work for, I hope they can at least appreciate that we all deserve basic rights regardless of what the majority might think. I hope they set out to protect minorities from the tyranny of the masses and don't use the excuse of 'culture' to turn a blind eye. If they do, then the results of that poll are useless. ie unless you intend to use them to figure out just how much work is needed to educate our innumerable sheeple.

I filled it regardless, but I hope that wasn't a waste of time.

4 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 08, 2014
felicia01:

Please don't accuse anyone of being gay or anything on here. As you know how serious that accusation is in society. Thank you!
don't pretend like u didn't see when he first accused me of it with his suggestions...i warned him to stop quoting me, but he won't listen, up until he forced bad words out of me
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by davien(m): 12:12pm On Oct 08, 2014
felicia01:

Do you think westerners enforced this type of behavior onto this country?
No....if you read Nigerian history you would know that native tribes before colonization had same sex couples.....yahweh is the "god of the jews" not the "god of nigerians"....our culture and way of life now were polluted by those missionaries and the slave masters....

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by finofaya: 1:23pm On Oct 08, 2014
felicia01:

Do you think overtime some people will have a change of heart or do you think people will start to think differently about their beliefs?

Yes, I think people will start to think differently about their beliefs. Its just a matter of time, really.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by BodyKiss(m): 1:44pm On Oct 08, 2014
SmellMyFart:
You must've heard about the like poles of a magnet repelling each other and unlike poles clinging to each other. Same goes in the electrical field with respect to charge.

In nature/biology, man is a living organism and so are animals. If this practise is right, why haven't any animal be it domestic or wild indulge in such act? I'm not trying to juxtapose man with mere animal cos it's certain we're the greatest of all organisms but in situations like this, the most silly evidence can be useful. smiley

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals[/url]

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior[/url]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

To the question, I don't have problem with gay people, as long as they keep the act to themselves.

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
^^ rubbish.. every animal that's been reported to exhibit homosexuality is more correctly a bisexual animal. homosexuality is just an animalistic instinct
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 2:07am On Oct 09, 2014
SmellMyFart:
Felicia01, I would like to know your opinion on this. Are you in support or against same sex marriage?

I'm just open to people voicing their opinions and being themselves. I don't feel anyone should be forced to believe in what they do not truly believe in their heart. There's nothing wrong with anyone voicing their opinions. I mean everyone is different and there's so much one can learn from another person. I feel that a person's sexuality shouldn't be based on how you treat a person. No matter what religion or belief they are. Everyone should get a fair chance to voice who they truly are. Just because a person has different views than one's self doesn't mean that they should be treated like trash or like they are insignificant in this world. Because one should always think about if the tables were turned and they were being treated like the outsider. I'm not saying that anyone should have to support it and I'm not saying that they will understand it. What I'm saying is, say what you honestly believe in your heart then let them speak too. If you don't have the same views that fine, but that doesn't mean you have to be friends/enemies with that person and/or curse them. From the moment one realizes that their views are different and they can't grasp an understanding of that person's views or come to an agreement of some sort. Then that's when they should part their ways and go on living there lives. Not harass or try to ruin that person's life.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 2:25am On Oct 09, 2014
wiegraf:

It doesn't look inappropriate to me. Simply treating a revolting bigot the way he deserves to be treated, but that's just me.

If anything were going to be banned it would be the post, not your thread. Just report it using the 'report' button below it and if a mod deems it inappropriate he'll take action.

That said, if your thread is eventually hidden, and it likely will, it would simply be as a result of it being about LBGT. In fact, many other similar threads have already been deleted. Apparently, it's now illegal to even mention the term LBGT. I don't know about you but I think that's a GARGANTUAN problem. So, whatever organization you work for, I hope they can at least appreciate that we all deserve basic rights regardless of what the majority might think. I hope they set out to protect minorities from the tyranny of the masses and don't use the excuse of 'culture' to turn a blind eye. If they do, then the results of that poll are useless. ie unless you intend to use them to figure out just how much work is needed to educate our innumerable sheeple.

I filled it regardless, but I hope that wasn't a waste of time.

Thanks for voicing your opinions. It's terrible that the law has gone that far and they are indeed not seeing the big picture of how this affects it's LGBT citizens. Although I'm not forcing on anyone that they must support it. I just believe that everyone deserves their human rights. They are treating these people so cruelly just for not having the same views. What if I were to compare it to being Christian and being Muslim. Let's say it was now against the law to have the views of Christianity. Would it not be the same type of un-justice? It's simply forcing one's views down the others throat and forcing them to swallow. undecided

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 2:32am On Oct 09, 2014
spotit:
^^ rubbish.. every animal that's been reported to exhibit homosexuality is more correctly a bisexual animal. homosexuality is just an animalistic instinct

Are you saying that homosexuality deprives from animals since you say it relates to animalistic instinct?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by BodyKiss(m): 2:42am On Oct 09, 2014
spotit:

Translation, homosexuality is natural. Why crucify them?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:27am On Oct 09, 2014
^^don't humour yourself by twisting the meaning of my comment. it was meant to be ANOMALISTIC even though animalistic still does it justice. substitute BEASTLY/PERVERTED for animalistic. fåggots want the world to believe they're on a higher tether of human behavioural/intellectual evolution... then why be ridiculously deviant and suicidal? homosexuals, born by heterosexuals want to either stay as gay singles or partners and adopt the offspring of heterosexual humans/animals to add meaning to their confused lives. to me, this is selfishness on a whole new....transcendental level!!
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 8:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
spotit:
^^don't humour yourself by twisting the meaning of my comment. it was meant to be ANOMALISTIC even though animalistic still does it justice. substitute BEASTLY/PERVERTED for animalistic. fåggots want the world to believe they're on a higher tether of human behavioural/intellectual evolution... then why be ridiculously deviant and suicidal? homosexuals, born by heterosexuals want to either stay as gay singles or partners and adopt the offspring of heterosexual humans/animals to add meaning to their confused lives. to me, this is selfishness on a whole new....transcendental level!!

I don't understand how you see it as selfish. What's wrong with adopting and providing a child with a family that loves them? And if it's anomalistic to one's views shouldn't it make it more interesting to understand why they are that way?

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
felicia01:

I don't understand how you see it as selfish. What's wrong with adopting and providing a child with a family that loves them? And if it's anomalistic to one's views shouldn't it make it more interesting to understand why they are that way?
care? ikr.

just the pains/joy of conception, labour, prenatal and postnatal cares trounce that—the sacrifice of oneself.
it doesn't help humanity(seeds of extinction), homosexuals deliberately close the gene pools they'd have allowed(propagated?), just by choosing to be gays
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Kay17: 8:16pm On Oct 09, 2014
spotit:

It is natural for your prejudice to be unclear.

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by Nobody: 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2014
Kay17:

It is natural for your prejudice to be unclear.
ikr, i only write morse codes to homos...hope u aren't one?
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 7:06am On Oct 10, 2014
Well if any of you are interested in having a voice-to-voice over the phone conversation or a skype instant message conversation.
Let me know! smiley My skype: felicia.akinboro

Oh and I'm making the final this sunday on everyone's input on this survey. Please take your time to put what you honestly think. It's only 10 questions. smiley

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/RJY87BB

thnks! grin
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by wiegraf: 4:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
felicia01:

Thanks for voicing your opinions. It's terrible that the law has gone that far and they are indeed not seeing the big picture of how this affects it's LGBT citizens. Although I'm not forcing on anyone that they must support it. I just believe that everyone deserves their human rights. They are treating these people so cruelly just for not having the same views. What if I were to compare it to being Christian and being Muslim. Let's say it was now against the law to have the views of Christianity. Would it not be the same type of un-justice? It's simply forcing one's views down the others throat and forcing them to swallow. undecided

I hope your efforts go somewhere. good luck. I fear you may need it , sadly

1 Like

Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by asalimpo(m): 4:39pm On Oct 10, 2014
BodyKiss:

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homosexual_behavior_in_animals[/url]

[url]en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_animals_displaying_homosexual_behavior[/url]

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_mammals_displaying_homosexual_behavior

To the question, I don't have problem with gay people, as long as they keep the act to themselves.
animals hav no conscience , morality or religion. Ever seen kangaroos holdg court?
Man isnt an animal. He only shares physcal similarities with them.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by AgentOfAllah: 4:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
SmellMyFart:
You must've heard about the like poles of a magnet repelling each other and unlike poles clinging to each other. Same goes in the electrical field with respect to charge.

In nature/biology, man is a living organism and so are animals. If this practise is right, why haven't any animal be it domestic or wild indulge in such act? I'm not trying to juxtapose man with mere animal cos it's certain we're the greatest of all organisms but in situations like this, the most silly evidence can be useful. smiley

You must have heard of naturally occurring hydrogen (H2), oxygen (O2) and nitrogen (N2) molecules. Heck, you must have heard of H2O shocked <--- Omg, what manner of violation of the natural order are elements playing on us? Abomination!!! shocked shocked shocked
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by asalimpo(m): 4:54pm On Oct 10, 2014
Wats lgbt? Poo.
A man bends over, drops his trousers feverishly for anoda man like him to enter? Does this scene sound normal to you?
God punish satan. Inasmuch, as I personally wud like to unleash physcal wrath on people like this, the bible clearly states tht that shudnt be d case.
1.) there's a spiritual influence bhnd it. You deal with d influence.
2. We,Christians, dont/are'nt2 battle in d physcal.
3. The bible says human understandg can b darkened so tht they can do perversion joyfully.

The best spankg wud b to pray for tht gay azzfvcker in tongues for 5 hours for 1 month.
You'd b suprised wat wud happen to them.
One day they'll wanna do it. Half way thru d act,they'll get disgusted and throw their patner out.
Re: What's Your Opinion On Gay Rights In Nigeria? by felicia01(f): 7:12am On Oct 19, 2014

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

True Confession Of A Mermaid. Very Touching.... / The Proof Of Reincarnation In The Bible / Excerpts From The 31st Night Service With Pastor Chris Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.