Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,192 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 04:15 AM

Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji (1114 Views)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / Needs help on Domain Name And Copyright Infringement / Linda Ikeji's Blog VS ₦airaland Forum: Which Is More Profitable? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by adewasco2k(m): 5:21am On Oct 08, 2014
I am not really her fan, i am way to busy for gossips grin but dont get me wrong i respect her much, that a female could be this successful with blogging in Nigeria where initially web stuffs aint a girls thing, now so many female bloggers, Thanks to Linda Ikeji.

Summary of the saga
For the pass few days Linda has been on the hot sit, though she is acting like she still got her cool but trust me, she has lost it...to follow the saga you can read her post here: http://lindaikeji..in/2014/10/to-guy-that-wants-to-take-down-lib.html buts hey is just too lengthy, i will not advice you to waste your time reading it. majorly a guy on twitter with the handle @MrAyeDee is on Linda's butt to get her blogger site banned by Google because he claimed linda copied most her of posts from other site and pictures from people without giving credit or payment.

What you should know
The guy is actually saying the truth and Linda did not even deny it, i was so surprised that is ignorant of the offense.

LindaIkeji:
I admit that I take content from other sites. Plenty of it sef, but the question is, which website in the world doesn't? If you go on Bossip.com, 50% of what is there is from other sources. Daily Mail UK takes from other sites, re-writes and give credit. UK Mirror takes from other sites. MediaTakeOut quotes other sources. E! Online, Us Weekly, People and even CNN take news from other sources and give credit, so why is mine an offense to the extent that my blog deserves to be shut down? Even in Nigeria, which site doesn't take news from other sites? Which? That is how media runs.

she didnt know most of those site already have a deal like US weekly and TMZ, in fact so many sites have a deal with TMZ to get contents from them but to rewrite them, give credit, use their pictures and videos and still they pay to TMZ.

Why this guy is after her blog

Sure a little envy, but that is due to the kind of lifestyle Linda is living (a celebrity), recently that i started following her on instagram (yea! im not a fan tongue ), its obvious that she is the proud type, maybe her success got into her head...see part of her post
LindaIkeji:
The only reason this is happening to me is because I'm number one...so I am flattered. I am currently No.10 on Alexa.com, more read than all the other news sites in Nigeria.
LindaIkeji:
Immediately after I shared photos of my new SUV, these guys re-connected again and decided it was finally time to end LIB because there were quite a few people who were mad that I bought the car and they wanted to play on their emotions.

But the truth is, really she was doing it the wrong way, she gets contents from any where and post on her blog.....if she has being giving credit or paying for her medias/news i am sure this guy will not have done anything much.

Way forward to bloggers
Depending on the type of blog you own, if its a news/entertainment/gossip then i bet their is no way you will not look on some source for latest news, if you care much about the digital law then i will advice you contact a reputable site and tell then you will be getting new from them and be giving backlinks (i dont see this happening with small blogs though wink), you dont have to even pay if you aint making thousands/millions.

If you have a tech blog then sure you should be able to always come up with a topic or tutorial, mostly (as a tech blogger), if i run into a problem and i was able to fix it, i will post how i fixed it, like my internet wifi router was acting funny (actually it was hacked, a global attack on internet routers Google Search)...i searched online for solutions, no way...i tried lots of things and later got it working fine, then i posted the tutorial online, do you know i was the first to post the solution online? so many big blogs copied me but most gave backlinks, and in other case, when i see a tutorial or trick on a site, i will first try it and if it works, i will write my own way around it.

Blogging in Nigeria is now something serious and i think it should be done the right way.

whats your advice for linda ikeji if her blog gets closed or if she gets pardon?

2 Likes

Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by simplex2: 6:07am On Oct 08, 2014
Is her blog still down? Will it be restored later if she removes the said infringing documents?
Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by adewasco2k(m): 6:40am On Oct 08, 2014
simplex2:
Is her blog still down? Will it be restored later if she removes the said infringing documents?

her blog was not at anytime down, at a time Google just suspended her Adsense account and they later restored it, but now her blog is under review by Google, the out come will either be for her to remove all post she has copied or they delete her blog.

i pray they done delete her blog though
Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by GodMode: 8:41am On Oct 08, 2014
this thread will soon be "moved" or "deleted" by "you know who"...

As long as you copy and link back to the source it is okay. but when you copy and rewrite and don't give the source credit that's big trouble... Hope Google only deletes her blog if she's found guilty cos the type of lawsuit she might face won't be a joke...

In summary,
when you copy, always link back to the source either at the beginning of the article or the end... DMCA doesn't joke with people....

1 Like

Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by egift(m): 9:20am On Oct 08, 2014
If you run a Wordpress CMS, I recommend http://www.wpcontentspinner.com/ - no search engine will penalize you for content you share. It will be handled as it you are the one that has the only copy of the article.

If you need it, I can help.
Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by frankmoney(m): 9:22am On Oct 08, 2014
ya'll should leave Linda ikeji alone , if she decides to flaunt her SUV's and range rovers , its actually nobody's business , its her hustle ....that guy is just envious , instead of u to waste your time on her matter , why not start your own blog and post original stuffs ....everything on the Internet is COPY AND PASTE
Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 08, 2014
Even if they shut it down, who cares?

Does she pay any of us? So why should we care? angry
Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by adewasco2k(m): 11:22am On Oct 08, 2014
coolsix:
Even if they shut it down, who cares?

Does she pay any of us? So why should we care? angry

You all fail to understand what I am saying .....its none of my biz if she gets ban or not but at this point there are so many lessons to be learnt so far from the saga.

1 Like

Re: Digital Media Copyright Infringement - A Case Study Of Linda Ikeji by Nobody: 3:56pm On Oct 08, 2014
adewasco2k:

You all fail to understand what I am saying .....its none of my biz if she gets ban or not but at this point there are so many lessons to be learnt so far from the saga.

You are right there..

(1) (Reply)

This Web Development Thing... What Clients Need To Understand. Or You! / Wordpress Bloggers - Beware Of Hackers / Pinterest Has Reached 100 Million Active Users Monthly!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.