Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,172 members, 7,815,105 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:22 AM

MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? (1160 Views)

Like Africa Proverb Picking Way No Want Mama Sleep.. You Know What Next. / Abeg What Is This?.....na By Force To Fine / People Say I Look Like Genevieve-(ceelinarsings) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? by pumpingmachine: 9:14am On Oct 08, 2014
For several days now I’ve found myself in a not-that-funny battle with MTN Nigeria over the network’s decision to activate its Callertunez service on my line.

I didn’t pay much attention to the first Callertunez service subscription message until someone challenged me for making Fuji music my call tune. My attention was drawn to the message I got from MTN.

I asked friends how I would unsubscribe and I was told to just send Cancel to 4100. I did that and eaved a sigh of relief when I was told I’d been unsubscribed from the service. I was dumbfounded when in the morning I saw a message congratulating me for activating the service.

Since then it’s been a fierce battle and a futile effort to permanently turn off the Callertunez service.

Normally, I would have ignored the fight and allow the service to be activated – at best I would just change the caller tune but it’s my telephone line and I should be the one to decide whether I want caller tunes or not.

So, yesterday, I called the 180 customer care service and had a very annoying conversation with one of the network’s customer care agents who accused me of activating the service. She said the service would be deactivated once I send the CANCEL instruction. I did that, and the service was stopped. Few hours later however, I was congratulated for activating the service.

I thought I was the only one until I started writing this post and my dad also complained about the situation. Imagine what they did to him – anytime you call him, you would be Shina Peters set as the caller tune.

He’s so angry with the network, the story is the same for several other subscribers.

Did the Nigerian Communications Commission (NCC) approve the caller-tune-by-fire-by-force attitude of MTN? I had Glo is also doing the same.

I will not bulge nor yield to the network’s greedy demands; instead, I will stop loading recharge card on the line. We should all do that. If they don’t make money from us, they will come to their senses.

NCC should rise to the occasion and fight for the telecoms subscribers in Nigeria. They won’t stop sending us unsolicited messages now they are subscribing to services on our behalf. Who knows what they have in stock next – making calls on our behalf?

Source: http://ibpulse.com/2014/10/mtn-i-say-i-no-want-caller-tunes-na-by-force.html
Re: MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? by 3coins(m): 9:38am On Oct 08, 2014
moral of the story. . . . Dont trust mtn
Re: MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? by ModusOperandi(f): 9:43am On Oct 08, 2014
Re: MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? by dominique(f): 9:54am On Oct 08, 2014
The most annoying thing is that they put random songs on your line without your knowledge and start charging you.They recently put an awful naija song on my mum's line. She had no idea till I told her about it. I told her to monitor her balance for deductions but she no get that kain time. I'll text cancel to 4100 once I get hold of her phone.
Re: MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? by am0s(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2014
why...fuji song....
i av unscribed lyk 4 tyms naw...nd still they will be congratulatin me on dier useless fuji song
Re: MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? by dominique(f): 10:03am On Oct 08, 2014
pumpingmachine:

Who knows what they have in stock next – making calls on our behalf?

Source: http://ibpulse.com/2014/10/mtn-i-say-i-no-want-caller-tunes-na-by-force.html

What won't they do to rip off customers? There was a time that a strange international number will call you only to wipe out your airtime once you pick. Who do you think set such a scam up if not for those useless telcos. One time a regular airtel number called me only to subscribe me to a music service that deducted N20 every 3 days. Even newbies etisalat are not left out as I've seen numerous complaints regarding them. NCC needs to act fast.
Re: MTN I Say I No Want Caller Tunes, Na By Force? by Nobody: 1:38pm On Oct 08, 2014
This people can frustrate someone the funiest part of this is that they don't even have better song.

(1) (Reply)

Community Grammar School, Elewura Challenge, Ibadan / Types Of People You Meet On Nairaland.com / Mtn Just Blocked My Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.