Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,746 members, 7,809,843 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Urgent And Serious Advice Needed On A Pressing Issue - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Urgent And Serious Advice Needed On A Pressing Issue (792 Views)

Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People / Please I Need Serious Advice On A Serious Family Issue / Nigerian Ghost Stories (pressing Someones Neck At Night) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent And Serious Advice Needed On A Pressing Issue by aniexyz(f): 11:31am On Oct 08, 2014
Firstly! I'll like to know if there's anything wrong in using only your first name and surname in a formal setting that requires using three or more name.

the reason being that my younger sister had used two names for her WAEC and now that she's about registering for JAMB she is being pressurized by my dad to use three names.

So, right now we're kind of confused about if it's going to affect her/her career in future.

And also, if there's anything that can be done to correct it now before it's too late.

serious and helpful answers will really be appreciated...thanks!
Re: Urgent And Serious Advice Needed On A Pressing Issue by Nobody: 11:40am On Oct 08, 2014
It's
always advisable to use 3 names,ie,first name,middle name and
surname,to be able to differentiate in cases where there are more than
one person answering a name.

She could start filling her middle names now to avoid mix-ups with exam scripts,promotion and other valuable documents.
Re: Urgent And Serious Advice Needed On A Pressing Issue by aniexyz(f): 2:10pm On Oct 08, 2014
Odilafta:
It's
always advisable to use 3 names,ie,first name,middle name and
surname,to be able to differentiate in cases where there are more than
one person answering a name.

She could start filling her middle names now to avoid mix-ups with exam scripts,promotion and other valuable documents.
Ok, thanks!
Re: Urgent And Serious Advice Needed On A Pressing Issue by aniexyz(f): 3:28pm On Oct 08, 2014
more comments are needed on this issue please...don't just read and leave.
Re: Urgent And Serious Advice Needed On A Pressing Issue by Dcholeric: 4:00pm On Oct 08, 2014
IMO
though inclusion of middle name would stand for proper or unique identification, I think first name and last name are more important, and so I think it wouldn't be an issue on presentation of two different certificates in which one is identified by your last name and first name and the other identified by your first, last and middle name , because there should be other informations that correspond, like photo,signature/finger prints........

in other words I don't think there's no problem registering her jamb with the 3 names.
but I think it is best if she starts using the 3 names she should continue using them.
who knows what the law might bring up?

wait for other comments also.

(1) (Reply)

5 Reasons Why Celebrity Marriages Fail, By Praise Fowowe. / Some Lies Can Save A Family And A Marriage / 10 Types Of People YOU Shouldn’t Bring With You Into 2015...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.