Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People (1716 Views)

I Need Serious Advice / I Need Help And Advice From Married People I Am Tired Of Her Behavior / Need Advice From Married Couples/divorced Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by fijk(f): 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2015
Am about to do my traditional marriage....... But the obstacles in my front is .....my fiance father has not finish paying his wife's(my fiance mother) bride price till he became late .....and since then no efforts has been made ....to do so....Now it has become tradition that such woman whom her bride price has not been paid (my fiance mother) must be paid before her daughter's (my fiance)own will .....and this my fiance has brothers whom are supposes to come together in one accord to pay it but all are not corperating ....Now dey are looking up to me to come clear the bills for their mother's bride price and aslo pay my fiance bride price too .......Kindid advice should I do so ?
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by MzPecs(f): 1:54pm On Dec 04, 2015
Lemmie wait here for "a matured people" to come and give OP advise. cool

1 Like

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Edehsman(m): 1:58pm On Dec 04, 2015
It is adviseable for a woman to pay for her bride price talk more of. Her in laws.wait till your husband members come together to do that I don't think it is ur duty to do so.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Edehsman(m): 2:00pm On Dec 04, 2015
It is not advisable for a woman to do that.

1 Like

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by PresVA: 2:08pm On Dec 04, 2015
You have no business paying their mother's bride price except you're too buoyant and want to help out.....Engage your fiancee's family in a meeting with elders in attendance. ..
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by DuchessLily(f): 2:11pm On Dec 04, 2015
Shuooo.. Which culture is that one again?? Abeg where is ur fiancée from?

If u love her so much and have the money to pay, then pay.. Or tell ur fiancée to talk to her brothers to pay it...

Or u could talk to her brothers , tell them u would support them to do what their dad didn't do, so let them bring part of d money, then u add to complete it.

OR if u no love their sister, u fit waka oo

6 Likes

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by nasha1(f): 2:12pm On Dec 04, 2015
It's either they pay their mother bride price or you also do what their father did,pay for their mother and postponed that of ur fiancee.
Whenever u are ready 2 pay,go and pay meanwhile go for court wedding just 2 make it legal.Lazy brothers,they dont want their sister 2 marry.hian. undecided

1 Like

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Sanchez01: 2:21pm On Dec 04, 2015
Truth is, the situation is very messy and complicated. Even if your mother-in-law to be has the money, she cannot be her own bride price. And for your wife-to-be's siblings whom you think don't want to do it, they cannot pay their mum's bride price, never. Even if they're wealthy to high heavens, tradition does not allow. They didn't marry their mother; their father did.

The same applies to you. You cannot pay the bride price because that would mean you're your mother-in-law's husband.

The best thing to do at this point is for the girl and her siblings to look for their father's relatives. Hopefully, if an older brother is around, then it would be easier as they could plead with him to clear his late brother's (their father's) mess.

Betterstill, the siblings should locate the person acting as the head of their father's family to gather his people and pay what their late brother owe. It looks simple but then again, it's complicated.

PS: For those asking you to pay, ask them if they have a representative that would stand in gap for the late man because it's not about the money now. A mini-ceremony would be conducted just to make everything formal.

8 Likes

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by fijk(f): 5:41pm On Dec 04, 2015
@ sachez01 may heaven open on your behalf ......may God bless you beyond your expectation... You just bring back my memory and draw my attention to something.... And as for those other contributed on my behalf.. May Almighty God never depart from you all ...I so much thank you for the specials advice you guys gave me ....thanks so much....

1 Like

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Sanchez01: 5:57am On Dec 05, 2015
fijk:
@ sachez01 may heaven open on your behalf ......may God bless you beyond your expectation... You just bring back my memory and draw my attention to something.... And as for those other contributed on my behalf.. May Almighty God never depart from you all ...I so much thank you for the specials advice you guys gave me ....thanks so much....
Amen and you toosmiley Stay safe.

2 Likes

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Vikky014(f): 8:15am On Dec 05, 2015
fijk:
Am about to do my traditional marriage....... But the obstacles in my front is .....my fiance father has not finish paying his wife's(my fiance mother) bride price till he became late .....and since then no efforts has been made ....to do so....Now it has become tradition that such woman whom her bride price has not been paid (my fiance mother) must be paid before her daughter's (my fiance)own will .....and this my fiance has brothers whom are supposes to come together in one accord to pay it but all are not corperating ....Now dey are looking up to me to come clear the bills for their mother's bride price and aslo pay my fiance bride price too .......Kindid advice should I do so ?
Arochukwu tradition i guess i hate dis yeye tradition. if na me i will go and do my church weddn rubbish!!!
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by ifyalways(f): 8:24am On Dec 05, 2015
How did you guess it's Arochukwu tradition?

Internet and information.
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by richyblink1(m): 8:34am On Dec 05, 2015
ifyalways:
How did you guess it's Arochukwu tradition?

Internet and information.

Not just Arochukwu, equally done in Anambra. Nnewi to be precise
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by austine4real(m): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
Na 2wives u wan marry b dat na.
Get som1 older in ur fianceè fada's side 2clear d shit if u av d money
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by austine4real(m): 6:50pm On Dec 05, 2015
Na 2wives u wan marry b dat na.
Get som1 older in ur fianceè fada's side 2clear d shit if u av d money
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Sanchez01: 3:50pm On Dec 06, 2015
Vikky014:
Arochukwu tradition i guess i hate dis yeye tradition. if na me i will go and do my church weddn rubbish!!!
Arochukwu or not, you seem to be missing the most important detail here; fijk's mother-in-law to be was not married the proper, which makes the late husband to the MIL to be a thief, according to custom. Normally, the woman's kinsmen anticipate moments as this to remind such persons that their daughter was never married to him. Hence, they control and dictate the life and affair of the children. Bearing this in mind, say the man was alive, it would be impossible still for any wedding to take place because the said church you mentioned would also want the approval of the father and mother of the girl who's about to wed. It would spell greater shame and humiliation at that time should the girl's mother family say no. The so-called father would be useless in this regard because he failed to do what was right and the entire drama would end up being a greater shame to the poor girl who was supposed to get married without hassles.

1 Like

Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Exponental(m): 6:55am On Dec 07, 2015
What happens to her father's relatives? this is their mess. they should clean it. talk to your fiancee. if you pay it, it means you are married to the mother even before marrying her daughter.
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by ify84(m): 10:50pm On Dec 07, 2015
If you have a lot of money, give to the brothers to do the needful... if u are average and can't afford it, then just be observing them... and tell ur girl u are waiting for them to resolve their issues
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by tpiar: 2:19am On Dec 08, 2015
why are people avoiding paying the brideprice?

is there something funny attached to such?

in that case, you too dont pay the whole thing for your own, save yourself.

and why would you pay the mother's bride price? That's strange.
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by vilight(f): 2:45am On Dec 08, 2015
Strange things are really happening...
The answer lies within you. Do you want to do it? Are you financially capable? What is the motive behind your gesture if you go along with it? Would you be doing it to help? Or to get something in return? Do you feel comfortable with your decision? No point in doing (or not doing) something that you are going to regret later...
Listen to your heart and you would know what to do.

http://viviancares..com
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by Hotstepper(f): 5:21am On Dec 08, 2015
The girl is probably from Nnewi. My mums wasn't paid and my sis who got married in 2001 didn't do her trad cuz of that and my dad finally did what he's meant to do in 2003 and that was how I was able to do my trad if not it won't happen . So if u have the cash, do it for the mum if not forget the trad cuz it won't happen

fijk:
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by olashas(f): 12:39pm On Dec 08, 2015
Funny tradition grin grin
Re: Need A Very Serious Advice ........from A Maured Minded People by tpiar: 1:10pm On Dec 08, 2015
Yes, weird.

(1) (Reply)

Mummies Do You Admire A Glowing Skin For Ur Kids? / Help! Am Contemplating Suicide / What If Your Family's Photo Looked Like This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.