Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,845 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

Urgent Help - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Urgent Help (854 Views)

Urgent Help; I Forgot My Gtbank Account Number. / Perfect Money Users Please Come In,need Urgent Help / Pls Pals, I Need An Urgent Help On Dis. All Contributions Are Allowed.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent Help by Kalet5: 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2014
Can someone help me verify golden cargo services. A friend sent a laptop from Manchester and they said that I must pay 18800(£50) to clear the laptop and money because he didn't send it as a normal mail.
Re: Urgent Help by solbash11(m): 2:01pm On Oct 08, 2014
Kalet5:
Can someone help me verify golden cargo services. A friend sent a laptop from Manchester and they said that I must pay 18800(£50) to clear the laptop and money because he didn't send it as a normal mail.

This look like a scam to me. You need to be careful.

I am certainly sure the friend of yours is an online friend which you met on the internet, so in short that friend must be trying to scam you of £50.

1 Like

Re: Urgent Help by Nobody: 2:53pm On Oct 08, 2014
They have a certain numbers or a shipper's copy for your assurance,u can past it here for proper verification or else u fall victim.
Re: Urgent Help by naijacutee(f): 3:16pm On Oct 08, 2014
We have a courier service and we usually clear customers goods and they pay us on delivery. Do they offer this service? If not, why not call them and tell them that they should go ahead and you will pay when you see the laptop? Sometimes we have problems with Nigerian customers after we clear the cargo with our own money, they then refuse to pay for the items upon delivery. They might have had this problem in the past and are trying to protect themselves.

I cannot verify them, but I would advise asking your friend to give you the number of their UK brand and you should call them directly to sort it out.
Re: Urgent Help by Kalet5: 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2014
The receipt

Re: Urgent Help by Kalet5: 6:13pm On Oct 08, 2014
Someone should respond
Re: Urgent Help by naijacutee(f): 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2014
This is a bloody scam. The phone number is an Internet number, not a normal UK number. The Mr Michael below is the master and wants to make you his mugu.
Re: Urgent Help by solbash11(m): 11:03pm On Oct 08, 2014
naijacutee:
This is a bloody scam. The phone number is an Internet number, not a normal UK number. The Mr Michael below is the master and wants to make you his mugu.

I have said this to him from the begining. This scam had existed since 1960! So be wise bro, you're now in year 2014.
Re: Urgent Help by OkwaIfugo(m): 1:09am On Oct 09, 2014
how can you pay such amount just to clear a laptop?
pls run for yourlife.
Thanks.
Re: Urgent Help by arbitrage: 4:04am On Oct 09, 2014
Kalet5:
Someone should respond

Do you truly know the sender as your friend or just internet friend as Solbash11 asked? Does he know you as a man or as the lady Lilian name you gave him on the courier package? It may be that as you are pretending to be a Miss Lilian to him on the web, he is also trying to scam you. If he is a known friend (and not just an unseen/unspoken internet friend), it is possible sometimes that a shipped good will be delayed for customs clearing (custom dues) but to charge 50 pounds means the cost of the laptop itself must have been very high to get that kind of charge. Besides, I am not aware of that shipping company name and wouldn't know if they operate in Nigeria. Even the known name can scam you in the name of Customs clearing charge, like DHL collected N116,000 + from me for a TV that I bought for only $1997 on Amazon last year. I wouldn't know they arrived at such value till tomorrow.
Re: Urgent Help by Kalet5: 6:13am On Oct 09, 2014
Hi am not a Yahoo guy. Is for my sister
Re: Urgent Help by Nobody: 7:51am On Oct 09, 2014
Kalet5:
Hi am not a Yahoo guy. Is for my sister
Is like you love awuff u better becareful it has happened to a closed friend of mine almost 50k,dude use head.

(1) (Reply)

Good Titles For A Shoe Wholesale/retail Business / Breaking News: Your Passport To Financial Freedom!!! / How To Get More Sales, Customers And Clients this month.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.